Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Tyson Fury v AJ

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury Vs Usyk - December 22

Fury will starch the Ukrainian

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury makes ring return… as heavyweight champ floors WWE star in Cardiff

Tyson Fury got involved in the main event at WWE’s ‘Clash at the Castle’ in Cardiff before closing the show with a singalong.

World heavyweight champion boxer Fury, who retired after beating Dillian Whyte in April, was in the crowd at the Principality Stadium before becoming involved in the headline clash between Undisputed Universal Champion Roman Reigns and Scottish star Drew McIntyre.

When Austin Theory attempted to capitalise on the brutal contest by cashing in his ‘money in the bank’ contract on the champion, Fury emerged to floor the 25-year-old with a big right hand.

Reigns would go on to pin McIntyre and retain his long-held title, disappointing the crowd of over 62,000 at WWE’s first UK stadium show since 1992.

Fury then entered the ring to congratulate the champion before commiserating with Ayrshire-born McIntyre.

The pair then brought the show to a close with a song as Fury belted out his trademark ‘American Pie’.

It is not the first time Fury has dabbled in WWE, fighting Braun Strowman at ‘Crown Jewel’ in Saudi Arabia in 2019.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...4bbf989f2093db
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua has accepted Tyson Fury's offer for a Battle of Britain clash in December this year after Frank Warren sent written terms to Eddie Hearn.

Warren has offered a 60/40 split purse for the blockbuster bout and named the Millennium stadium as the potential location for the world title fight.

Joshua and his team have accepted the terms outlined by Fury and his representatives but stated the fight must take place on December 17 rather than the November 12th date suggested by Warren.

WBC heavyweight champion Fury handed Joshua a world title lifeline on Monday morning, challenging him to a blockbuster bout in December.

Joshua publicly accepted the offer but told Fury he would not engage in 'online discussions just for clout'. Instead, he told the Gypsy King to approach his representatives.

Hearn and Matchroom boxing have now confirmed that Fury's promoter sent over written terms for a potential bout this year and AJ's team have since accepted.

Warren has offered a 60/40 split purse for the fight - which is a generous offer considering Fury's last fight with Dillian Whyte was an 80/20 split.

Warren also included a rematch clause in the deal and proposed for the fight to take place on November 12th.

Joshua and his team have accepted the terms, but only on the condition that the fight takes place on December 17th.

Fury has been pushing for an undisputed bout against WBA, WBO and IBF titleholder Usyk after the Ukrainian mastermind handed Joshua a second-successive points defeat last month.

However, Usyk has ruled himself out of fighting until next year - forcing Fury to go on the hunt for a new opponent.

Fury - who has said he is eager to defend his WBC belt this year regardless of Usyk's availability - has subsequently called out Joshua.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...43fc0fc309d2bd

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury has responded to Eddie Hearn's 'sceptical' comments about The Gypsy King's fight offer to Anthony Joshua. The British promoter is not convinced by the legitimacy of Fury's word but the Mancunian has affirmed that he is "one hundred per cent serious."

Taking to Twitter, he said: "This is an easy fight to make normal champion to challenger privileges, & I'm 100% serious. Let's rumble UK."

Fury's tweet comes after Hearn's recent appearance on talkSPORT Breakfast in which he discussed the proposed contest. He said: "We didn't expect this opportunity, but it's a great opportunity to fight for the world title in the biggest fight in boxing and we will definitely look at it.

"For me and the cynic in boxing, this smells of, 'Oh, we couldn't agree the AJ deal so I'm fighting this bloke you've never heard of instead, but no one else was available.' But let's take the cynic away and see what we get back from the Fury camp, because we're ready to discuss it and we're ready to make that fight for sure."

Hearn added: "Fury's outstanding at getting the public to believe absolute nonsense. Over the last two or three weeks, it's been unbelievably bizarre. The big problem for Fury is the Usyk fight. Personally, I don't think he's serious about it but like I said, AJ would have no problem about taking this fight in December."

Fury called out Joshua after it was confirmed that Oleksandr Usyk would be out of action until next year. The proposed undisputed unification clash was supposed to be his next fight but with Fury unwilling to sit out and wait, he tabled an offer to face AJ for his WBC belt in December.

Fury's promoter Frank Warren has since confirmed that they will be sending an official written proposal later today. "We're sending a written offer across today to them," Warren told talkSPORT, "My son George spoke with Eddie Hearn yesterday.

"It's us who have made the approach to give AJ a great opportunity to get himself back into the top level against the world champion Tyson. He's willing to make that voluntary defence, so we'll send the offer across today and then they'll have to look at it and decide whether they wanna grab this with both hands."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...43fc0fc309d2bd

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury has said he got ‘bored with retirement’ before deciding to announce his return to the ring.

Fury last boxed in April, knocking out Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium in London to retain the WBC heavyweight title.

While Fury, 34, spent the following months claiming to be retired, the Briton never vacated the WBC belt, which he has since said he intends to defend before the end of the year.

“I got bored with retirement,” Fury told Ring magazine this week. “I had five months out the ring and I changed my mind.

“Nobody believed me anyway, did they? I would still have passed a lie detector test, though, for sure.”

On Monday (5 September), Fury offered compatriot Anthony Joshua the chance to fight him for the WBC heavyweight title, a proposition that Joshua accepted on Twitter.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony Bellew says Anthony Joshua ‘biggest draw'

"He's come off the back of two defeats and yet a champion is calling you out," Bellew told talkSPORT. "The best way I can analyse this and add it up would be Conor McGregor is coming off two defeats but still every single UFC fighter in the business calls out his name. It's very similar to AJ now. AJ is the biggest draw in the heavyweight division. I'm sorry to say it guys. It doesn't matter if he's lost twice or not - he's still the biggest draw.

"There's a reason why he does what he does. He's just been brilliantly managed, promoted and it's been a dream. But ultimately he knocks people out. Yes, he's coming off the back of two defeats but why is the best fighter in the world calling his name? Why does he want to face him? You've got to ask that question.

"When you start putting out offers and saying, 'I'll give you 60-40...' I'm not being funny guys but people like Conor McGregor, people like Anthony Joshua, they don't bow to other people's demands because the draw they bring is so big.

"This guy took boxing to Saudi Arabia, just remember that - the desert, never been there before. He has an awful lot of power to his hand and people like to point out it's a different model, UFC to boxing.

"In hindsight, it's really not. Are you the biggest draw or are you not? There's a reason why he's being called out. He's coming off two defeats like we've just said and yet Tyson Fury is calling his name."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually like the Fury vs Joshua fight more- think it is a better style match up. Usyk vs Fury will be two technicians focusing on position and winning an intermittent skirmish or two to steal a round. Fury will lean on Usyk to smother him and Usyk will use movement and foot work to keep Fury off balance which will be awkward when combined with Fury's movement and outside style. Joshua is solid but isn't as skilled or mobile as Fury, and is likely the one guy in the division who is strong enough to actually muscle Tyson around in the clinch. The latter half will be entertaining also, but for a different reason- Tyson will take AJ into deep water and drown him when he wilts. Nothing sells excitement like watching a big man get stopped.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn has confirmed that there will be a rematch clause in the proposed all-British showdown between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury which could add further delay to Fury's undisputed unification clash with Oleksandr Usyk.

Speaking to iFL TV, Hearn said: "60/40 is the offer as Tyson said. They want a rematch clause and they asked for a day at the beginning of November. I don't know if that was a wind-up or whatever but we just went back this morning.

"I spoke to AJ about that offer, we think, I think particularly that he deserves more than 40 per cent but he's happy and I don't make the decisions, he does.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...8cae4040e872bb

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

why do they think he's worth more than 40 percent. Seriously

And didn't AJ get the lionshare in his rematch with Ruiz due to that clause.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    why do they think he's worth more than 40 percent. Seriously

And didn't AJ get the lionshare in his rematch with Ruiz due to that clause.
    I thought the rematch was 50/50 split against Usyk.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't know about Usyk was on about Ruiz

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua earned 40-60 million, Ruiz 10 million for rematch (dollars)

Nice clause

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems Joshua accepting wrongfooted Fury and now he has moved the goalposts again to avoid actually having to fight him.

You wait Fury will return against Chisora.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Seems Joshua accepting wrongfooted Fury and now he has moved the goalposts again to avoid actually having to fight him.

I am sure Fury will not mind AJ accepting the fight but agree the camps will not agree on the terms for the bout. That would be a shame.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

I am sure Fury will not mind AJ accepting the fight but agree the camps will not agree on the terms for the bout. That would be a shame.

I am sure Fury, Joshua etc are not afraid of fighting anyone but Fury's own ego and Arum going along with it, plus the Warren/ Hearn crap will end up scuppering the fight and see Fury fight another nonsense pointless fight with Chisora. Joshua for all his distractors has not avoided the right fights for most of his career but Fury can't wait to badmouth everyone whilst often being the one messing everyone around.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information