Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Tyson Fury v AJ

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Whilst AJ could not agree the fight with Wilder, Fury comes out of nowhere and signs to face Wilder. No issues or worries
    You're at it again with this bullshit narrative. It was Wilder that couldn't or rather wouldn't agree to the Aj fight. We all know this. Anyone that buys into this idea that Fury came from nowhere and received and signed a contract from Wilder in 24hrs is an idiot. No doubt the same people that believe Fury Wilder 3 was done and dusted five minutes after AJ Fury was dead in the water.
    Why are you obsessed with 24 hours? Never said it was.

All we can say with certainty is that Wilder fought Fury and not AJ. That would haver been for the undisputed title and I bet AJ regrets not making the fight happen.

The big problem with that is that Wilder has already admitted he was offered more money to fight AJ bit turned it down to rematch Fury. So it was Wilder all along that made sure that fight never happened...yet.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Whilst AJ could not agree the fight with Wilder, Fury comes out of nowhere and signs to face Wilder. No issues or worries
    You're at it again with this bullshit narrative. It was Wilder that couldn't or rather wouldn't agree to the Aj fight. We all know this. Anyone that buys into this idea that Fury came from nowhere and received and signed a contract from Wilder in 24hrs is an idiot. No doubt the same people that believe Fury Wilder 3 was done and dusted five minutes after AJ Fury was dead in the water.

All we can say with certainty is that Wilder fought Fury and not AJ. That would haver been for the undisputed title and I bet AJ regrets not making the fight happen.

The big problem with that is that Wilder has already admitted he was offered more money to fight AJ bit turned it down to rematch Fury. So it was Wilder all along that made sure that fight never happened...yet.
    Fuck Me @Master.
    1. AJ v Wilder never happened because of Wilder.
    2. AJ v Fury never happened because of Fury.
    3. Even now, with these negotiations going on, you don’t hear of AJ fighting anyone else. Yet Fury is linked with Manuel Charr, Fury is linked to Chisora, Fury is linked to Ruiz Jr. (We know that because you informed us 3 or 4 posts ago.)
    Does that sound like someone committed to making the fight?
    Wake up and smell the coffee mate, take off those Gypsy rose tinted spectacles.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why does everyone dislike Fury so much? Honest question.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    why does everyone dislike Fury so much? Honest question.
    I wouldn't say everyone dislikes Fury. The bullshit he spouts got old a long time ago. He's played the victim since day one. The fucker was English/Irish EU Commonwealth and unified lineal heavyweight champion of the World inside 25 fights. Yet would have you believe that he's been persecuted throughout. It's always someone else at fault. He was pleading poverty at one point because the BBBoC were "stopping him from earning a living". They were doing no such thing. Add to that the racist homophobic sexist bile he spits out. If people dislike Fury, to be fair they've got cause.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure if you're being thick or playing devil's advocate here. It was Wilder that failed to make the Joshua fight, not the other way around. We all heard it from the horse's mouth. I'm sure he regrets that fight not happening. But let's not word it so we can lay even a shred of blame at Joshus's door. What more can you do than offer a man a stupid amount of money?

I'm not obsessed with 24hrs. Fury is. "I signed the Wilder contract in 24hrs" Bullshit. "Joshua has 24hrs to sign the contract". Again, bullshit.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The BS from Fury has got worse since the linkup with Arum. At least before that point it was actually funny BS.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    The BS from Fury has got worse since the linkup with Arum. At least before that point it was actually funny BS.
    You’re right. It has got worse since the link up with Arum……and there’s a reason for that.
    Before the link up stateside and consequent fights with Wilder, both Fury and Wilder were earning PEANUTS compared to Anthony Joshua. FACT.
    Now that they have gotten into the big earnings league, Fury actually thinks it makes him Smarter and more important.
    This is understandable, because he would think “if I’m earning this money, I MUST BE smart and important!”
    But in reality, just because his earnings have increased ten fold, that don’t make him a fucking Brain Surgeon all of a sudden.
    It’s the same with when he became World Champ after beating Wlad. All of a sudden, he started commenting on religion , homophobia and all sorts of shit , like we give a flying fuck what he thinks. The guy’s a fucking plank.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well he is a bit boisterous and over the top for sure and if he was crying that he was a victim then that is a bunch of Bologna as well. If he wants to think that he's the best right now he's sort of does have that justification but if his attitude sucks the way that you have all pointed out then that certainly does make him a piece of garbage or at least very annoying to say the least. But in the end let's be fair we're talking about boxing here we're not talking about brain surgeons or needing really to appear to be a brain surgeon. When you think of the stupid stuff that Mike Tyson has done and said in the past and other boxers, I guess we can't really say that fury is so completely incredibly inappropriate. This is boxing and people punch each other in the head for a living and probably took too many punches even if they are undefeated, so I think we need to cut them a little bit of slack

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has every right to call himself the best. He can even say how he’s gonna smash Joshua, Usyk or anyone else. No problem with any of that.
    But don’t talk about gays, religion, contract deadlines , Gypsy lives matter, blah, blah, blah. Because nobody is interested in that from you because you have no idea what the fuck you’re on about.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn has declared the proposed Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua is officially off. In a statement released via Matchroom Sport, Hearn said that the Joshua camp had not heard back from Fury's team since his latest social media video last week, where 'The Gypsy King' demanded they sign the contract.

The prospect of the two British heavyweights going toe-to-toe on December 3 in Cardiff had begun to appear remote, with the two teams failing to reach an agreement after weeks of negotiations. The saga kicked off on September 5 when Fury, performing a u-turn after publicly insisting he was retired after his KO win over Dillian Whyte in April, called out his rival via Twitter.

Fury seemed keen to get back in the ring against his British rival, and offered Joshua the chance to compete for his WBC heavyweight title this December which he accepted. This would only prove to be the beginning of the saga though, as the Gypsy King announced recently the fight was off in an explosive video on social media, where he revealed AJ and his team had missed the contract deadline.

Soon after though, Fury was once again going back on his word as he took to social media once more to admit his promoter Frank Warren had convinced him to give his rival and his team longer to agree a deal on the fight. Now though Joshua's promoter Hearn has accused Fury and his team of being the side halting proceedings and therefore called the hopes of the bout over.

Hearn told Matchroom: "People surely aren't thick enough to [not] see that Tyson Fury has called two deadlines on this fight and the fight has passed in Tyson Fury's deadlines. People talk about putting up barriers, we sent our final draft contract back to sign.

Tyson Fury questioned over Anthony Joshua fight announcements for two reasons
    "They want to appoint their partner as an arbitrator, that sort of stuff doesn't work. We get another one [deadline], Tyson Fury says, 'We're telling you now, the fight is off unless you sign [today].

"That deadline passed, I've not heard back from George Warren since. So as far as we're concerned, the fight's off. We're happy to continue the discussions, we haven't had any of those."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...7e187f9d6d1a8a
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury likes to mouth off he'll fight people for free, but he cant even get these negotiations done?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So as things stand. It's off according to Eddie. It's (possibly) off according to George Warren. It's off according to Fury. As far as Fury, the Warrens and Arum are concerned it's all Eddies fault. As far as Eddie is concerned it's all Warren/Arum/Fury's fault. Each side telling exactly the same tale. We tried our best, but they fucked it. We made calls, we sent emails. It's all a bit predictable and old hat now isn't it?

I said in a previous post (probably the first time these lot went around the houses) that the pre fight "banter", the will they won't they build up should be something to embrace and get excited about, and that the "I'll believe it when they're in the ring" merchants were wrong or missing out. That position is untenable to be honest. These pricks have sucked the life out of this twice over now and save for some who are weirdly obligated up to the eye balls to one camp or another. They've left us all in no doubt that none of them can be trusted. Will cut their cloth to suit dependant on what way the wind is blowing and what piece of shit "content creator" is currently sticking an iPhone in their face. Honestly it boils my blood the way they all carry on.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So as things stand. It's off according to Eddie. It's (possibly) off according to George Warren. It's off according to Fury. As far as Fury, the Warrens and Arum are concerned it's all Eddies fault. As far as Eddie is concerned it's all Warren/Arum/Fury's fault. Each side telling exactly the same tale. We tried our best, but they fucked it. We made calls, we sent emails. It's all a bit predictable and old hat now isn't it?

I said in a previous post (probably the first time these lot went around the houses) that the pre fight "banter", the will they won't they build up should be something to embrace and get excited about, and that the "I'll believe it when they're in the ring" merchants were wrong or missing out. That position is untenable to be honest. These pricks have sucked the life out of this twice over now and save for some who are weirdly obligated up to the eye balls to one camp or another. They've left us all in no doubt that none of them can be trusted. Will cut their cloth to suit dependant on what way the wind is blowing and what piece of shit "content creator" is currently sticking an iPhone in their face. Honestly it boils my blood the way they all carry on.
    I hear what you are saying and unfortunately that is the way things have been going for a long time in Boxing and the media generally. The refusal of a dinosaur press to respond and evolve has encouraged it and now the insta gobshite soundbite is king, or Queen in a lot of cases, especially when camps are as camp as Fury's. The one thing that can't really be disputed is that Fury does him self no favours and has certainly made things worse and much more complicated. Whether he never had any intention of fighting Joshua or not, to openly discuss other fights and to invent spurious deadlines, cancel the fight twice etc on his own Social Media has lost him a lot of goodwill and smashed what little credibilty the cringy King ever had.

What did Joshua and Hearn have to gain by not fighting Fury? Fury and his fanboys are asking everyone to suspend disbelief to the point of farce by pretending that the fact Fury has not fought Joshua, Usyk and even Ruiz is irrelevant, and that somehow fighting Wilder three times cancels out any of that. It would be funny if it was not so tragic and lame.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has to beat Ruiz, Usyk and Joshua if he wants to be considered an all-time great.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Fury has to beat Ruiz, Usyk and Joshua if he wants to be considered an all-time great.
    Agreed with Usyk and AJ but not Ruiz.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information