Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: AJ is a disgrace to the sport!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    "... It's some foreigner who nobody really cares about and that's it. I don't mind chucking a dog a bone, but I don't want to chuck him the whole dog's home. If they want me to fight this unknown quantity and give him an opportunity of legendary status, then they've got to pay for that. They've got a week, it's August 24 today."

What a way to talk about Usyk and bottle job it at the same time.
    See, now some people would have it that AJ “is a disgrace to the sport” yet those same people won’t highlight anything about the above statement. Now this guy truly is becoming a disgrace.
    I really don’t know where to start, disrespect, borderline racism, delusion, hypocrisy, out of touch with society all wrapped into 1 pathetic specimen.
    I hope he stays retired, fucking clown.
    [I][B]Disrespect yes, badmouthing yes, RACISM? Fury is white Usyk is white. They are the same race.
    Now you can copy and paste a ton of different dictionary meanings saying Race is solely about colour and I will dispute it.
    1. Joe Marler heavily criticised for racism because he called his traveller welsh opponent “Gypsy boy” yet they’re both white!

“It found Marler had used “unsporting and discriminatory language towards Lee” and he had, by his actions, “breached World Rugby Regulation 20 (which covers statements that are unsporting, insulting and/or discriminatory by reason of race or ethnic origin) and the code of conduct and brought the game into disrepute”.

2. Hispanic and Mexican people always talk about “la razza” - the race. Their own people.
    3. What would you call the constant baiting of Germans every single time England draw them in a World Cup, with Sun headlines of a German Manager with a German helmet on and a headline of “for you Fritz, ze war is over!”
    4. So a black guy can taunt and Indian guy, (or Vice versa) calling each other P**I or N***er and it’s not racist because they’re the same colour.
    I could go on.
    Basically Al, and I’m not having a dig at you personally , but if most people think like this, and it is highly possible that they do, racism is never going to go away.
    RACE ISN’T JUST ABOUT THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN.
    Nothing personal mate.
    I am afraid race is about race, a white male cannot be racist towards another white male. He may dislike him personally or may not like the location the other white male lives.
    It in my opinion it is not racist based on the fact it isn't racist.
    Also, for the record a black African male is not the same race as an Indian male, even though they both have darker skin than a Caucasian.
    So, if a black male called an Indian male derogatory words, it would be racist, based also on the fact they are not the same race.

But your original point was that Fury and Usyk are both the same colour , so they are both the same race.
    Gonna have to agree to disagree because in my opinion, Race isn’t just about colour.
    And I think that white people can definitely show racism to other White People.
    If you called me a dago , wop, itie, would that not be racist ? If it’s not racist what is it?

The idea of races is an entirely social construct. We all share 99.9% of our genes and are to all intents and purposes if anything 'mixed race'. Xenophobia is just as daft. Imagine thinking that the random accidnet of where you were born meant you thought you were superior to someone born somewhere else.

The idea of such a thing as casucasian has long been disproven. Just ignorance.

I mentioned xenophobia a while back. Thanks for bringing it up again. Racism is indeed the prejudice and bias of people toward other races, which includes not only skin color but other attributes as well.

Xenophobia refers strictly to place of origin, so technically it's a separate thing, since two people can be of the same race but different countries of origin. One example would be neighboring countries in South America, where there are more countries than races.

For convenience sake, many people just go with the term "racism" and thus lump xenophobia along with it. So basically racism then becomes the prejudice or bias not only against different skin colors... but also countries of origin.

For the record, both are based on pure ignorance, passed down from generation to generation. It ranges from the outwardly behavior to the subtle feelings and thoughts of superiority over different races and nationalities.

I've seen it here in the forum... just like you can see it in any cross-section of society.

BTW... this quote: "...It's some foreigner who nobody really cares about and that's it." can be argued back and forth whether it's racist, xenophobic, both of the above, or none of the above.

I would just say it's an unfortunate, ignorant statement, that says more about the guy who said it, than the guy it was said about.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 08-27-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Thread Information