Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Devin Haney v George Kambosos 15/10/22

mad respect to devin, i didn't think he'd come back to australia
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: devin haney v george kambosos october fifteenth

I was surprised at how easy Haney handled Kambosos and he should do it again. It gives time for Loma to step up and take the winner no excuses.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough spot for Haney possibly ripe for mental let down after such a dominate performance. Don't see that happening but for a young guy has to come in even sharper than 1st assuming Kambosos will. Not much to improve on. Less clinching more combinations maybe. Notice in some training vids he looks to be trying to sit down more on shots.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't hear a ton of confidence in George's voice in the opening press conferences. I see this one being more dominant for Haney- George sounded like he was taking the rematch to set an example for his kids and fans more than thinking he can reverse the decision. Haney is too good and disciplined- he will train for a hard fight and then make it look easy since George really can't change or add much prior to this next fight. I like and respect Kambosos, but I don't see how he can make this fight any closer.

Teo was overconfident and suffering from a medical condition and still almost won vs George. Haney is too good and while I admire George's tenacity and belief in himself- that doesn't get a win vs someone as skilled as Haney. Shakur and maybe Loma are the only two at 135 and down that I can see beating Haney at this point. I'm not the biggest fan of his style in the ring, but admire his skill and discipline- he will be difficult to beat.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devin Haney and George Kambosos Jr will be colliding inside the boxing ring for the second time in October 2022, and we’ve got everything you need to know about this great contest.

Kambosos Jr will be looking for redemption when he challenges for Haney’s WBA (Super), WBC, IBF, WBO, and The Ring titles.

This massive second bout between the two fighters will once again be taking place in Australia after the first contest was hosted in the Marvel Stadium.

Haney vs Kambosos Jr 2 is set to take place on Saturday, October 15th from Melbourne, Australia.

Fight fans in the United Kingdom will be able to watch all of the action on the night via Sky Sports.

Fight fans in the United States will be able to watch all of the action from the Main Card live on the night via ESPN, ESPN+, and ESPN Deportes.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...01af8b647e6114

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Devin Haney v George Kambosos 15/10/22

I think Haney will get the Ko or at least a few knockdowns. Kambosos realizes he can't give the fans the same fight. After the first few rounds he'll realize hes back at square one and will open up more trying to land something and get caught. It's possible that he can land something inside but he's just going to get tied up. Haney's not going to throw caution to the wind and slug with Kambosos.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

andrew moloney has a tricky task ahead of him on the undercard against norbelto jimenez
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney is just too slick for Kambosos who is great to watch in a slugfest and was well suited to Lopez, but Haney is a different story. I admire George for taking him on twice while others protect their boxing records and avoid him like the plague. I expect a more aggressive approach by Kambosos, but Haney is very clever and will adapt accordingly. Kambosos has more of a chance against Tank or Garcia than Haney who I expect will win a wide UD.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DEVIN 'N HELL Underdog George Kambosos Jr slept in his GYM away from his family as he went ‘back to the dark’ for Devin Haney rematch

GEORGE KAMBOSOS JR went back to the darkness as an underdog ahead of his rematch with Devin Haney - by sleeping in his GYM.

The lightweight rivals do battle on Sunday in Melbourne, only four months after Haney won the undisputed crown.

Kambosos, who became a star overnight last November after beating Teofimo Lopez, conceded the WBA, IBF and WBO belts.

So for his contracted rematch, he stayed away from wife Bec and their three young children in the comfort of his home.

Instead, the Australian slept on a mattress in his gym office upstairs after training, where he stationed himself for the past few months.

Kambosos, 29, told SunSport: “No distractions, that’s what I wanted. My gym is where I do my best work and that’s how I wanted it.

“I’ve got a nice office upstairs, put the bed in there, got a TV just to study old-school fights and obviously the first fight between me and Haney.

“That’s all I need. I’m a fighter, I could’ve stayed in a fancy place, I could’ve stayed in my house but there were distractions for me.

“For me, staying at my gym, I put in the work, then go upstairs and relax, my mind is focussed on one thing, it’s on a warpath.”

Kambosos shot to fame after upsetting Lopez, 25, a year after the American stunned the great Vasiliy Lomachenko, 34, himself.

And in his first title defence, he welcomed Haney, 23, to the Marvel Stadium with over 40,000 in attendance.

But the task of promoting the bout to an entire nation was among Kambosos' distractions throughout the summer.

He said: “It’s a lot of work. When you’re champion you’ve got a lot of commitments and you’re focussing on building your brand.

“I had a stadium to sell, Haney was not going to sell the stadium, I was the one that doubled up on everything.

“Ultimately, it took a lot out of me but no excuses, Haney won the first fight but that’s why it was a two-fight deal. There’s two parts to this story.

“You got me the first time, congratulations, you’re a good champion, total respect there but let's see how you do it now when the kind of Ferocious turns up now without all of them distractions."

Kambosos opted to exercise his right to an immediate rematch with Haney, opposed to cherry-picking opponents to guarantee himself a win.

He said: “The kind of fighter, the kind of competitor I am, I know my mistakes and what went wrong in preparation and the first camp, the kind of distractions I had.

“As a true competitor, I know come this Sunday, me at my best, the way I am, the way I’ve prepared this time as the underdog, back in the dark, I will beat this guy.

“I’m excited, after the loss I didn’t take it personal, I didn’t get too upset, it’s part of the game.

“Respect me that I fight the best, I didn’t take any tune-up fights.

"Again, why would I take a tune-up fight to try and get my rematch when it’s there on the table?

“I’m a true fighter and I will show that again this Sunday, I will do my talking in the ring.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20073...haney-rematch/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    I admire George for taking him on twice.
    i had no doubt george was taking the rematch win or lose, even before the fight. devin was the one i thought wouldn't bother coming back here, especially if he won. i thought he just drop the belts & move up. i guess the contracts were pretty tight & the fines hefty enough if devin skipped the rematch & after the first team devin just decided to get it over with. i think devin wins again, i'm just interested to see if george can make any adjustments & put in a more competitive performance

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You never know in boxing... but I just don't see this going in any other direction than it did the first time around.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I slept in a log cabin for a few summer while in college. It didn't make me Bear Grylls, Grizzly Adams or Abraham Lincoln. Just sayin'...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wouldn't be surprised to see Haney win and move up right off. He looks waaay too frail in same day pics. This may pan out a very frustrating watch as we know the only course for George is to make it ugly and physical from start. He knows he needs to go for ko all night long. Assuming we're seeing this live in States ? or same day. Not like spoilers will really spoil anything.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sugar neeks won a decision to defend her ibf belt. andrew moloney knocked down norbelto two times & won a ten rounder in a ugly fight. i currently have jason moloney six three over the thai nawaphon kaikanha

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've got jason winning by four points

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information