Liam Smith weighed in for his clash with dangerous Hassan Mwakinyo at the M&S Bank Arena in his Liverpool hometown this Saturday, live on Sky Sports.

Smith, highly ranked with major sanctioning bodies the WBC, WBO and the WBA, is well positioned for a world title shot. But he risks the chance of getting a mandatory position against the power-punching Mwakinyo, who stopped Sam Eggington the last time he boxed in the UK.

"Tornado" Mwakinyo cut an imposing figure on the scales weighing 11st 1lbs. Smith was 11st 5lbs 5oz. The two glared into one another's eyes during a long face off. Smith however was full of confidence. He has sparred Mwakinyo before and wanted to bring that to the forefront of his opponent's mind.

Mayer: Baumgardner needs more than that one punch to beat meAzeez: Yarde, Buatsi, Richards? 'Throw me in there!'
"He knows. I thought I'd give him a little reminder the last time we were in the ring together what happened," Smith said.

But Smith also understands his opponent has it all to gain. "I'm at the stage of my career where that's a given. I'm more than prepared for that. Saturday night you'll see how I'm prepared for that," he said.

"Under the lights with the gloves on, with a bit of fear in me because of the crowd, that's when you see the best of me," he added.

"Liverpool fans always turn out and I'm more than grateful."

Natasha Jonas became a world champion in February when she leapt up three weight classes to win the WBO super-welterweight title. Not only does she defend her title in her home city on Saturday but she gets the opportunity to unify belts, taking on WBC champion Patricia Berghult.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a871be3ffb7e9f