937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Winter 2022-2023 predictions: Europe and US

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    the decision to stop importing Russian gas and oil was a European decision, taken by Brussels without even thinking of the impact it will have on the European economy. Many Europeans aren’t buying the narrative that the situation, which culminated in the shut down of gas supplies to Europe via the Nord Stream 1 pipeline, is all Vladimir Putin’s fault.

I am HERE AND NOW blasting European leaders for their obsession with net zero and climate change hysteria, which has left the continent totally lacking in self-sufficiency.

We are no longer in the EU you fucking ill informed womble and climate change is an ireffutabel fact . Fucking hell you are devolving back into an ape.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the decision to stop importing Russian gas and oil was a European decision, taken by Brussels without even thinking of the impact it will have on the European economy. Many Europeans aren’t buying the narrative that the situation, which culminated in the shut down of gas supplies to Europe via the Nord Stream 1 pipeline, is all Vladimir Putin’s fault.

I am HERE AND NOW blasting European leaders for their obsession with net zero and climate change hysteria, which has left the continent totally lacking in self-sufficiency.

We are no longer in the EU you fucking ill informed womble and climate change is an ireffutabel fact . Fucking hell you are devolving back into an ape.
    The green dreams have got to disappear. Get real.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's wrong with pushing renewables and the exciting technology that's involved? I recently watched a series of interesting documentaries mostly about cutting edge engineering in different fronts. One of these was renewable energy. It was refreshing to see such young, brilliant minds out there pushing the envelope... so that what is undiscovered today, becomes commonplace and practical tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the rest of civilization rushes to its familiar, predictable polarized positions... the better to lob snowballs at the other side. It's either "Fuck renewables... we can live on fossil fuels forever", or "We've got to go entirely green NOW... or face certain death and annihilation by 20__." No middle ground... no balance... no "let's sit down and look at the intricacies of the issue". No "let's find ourselves some reliable, unbiased data" to base our opinions on.

The fact of the matter is that the push for renewables is not going to go away. Nor should it. But very knowledgeable people have expressed concerns over (mostly politically-driven) blanket statements and ill-conceived goals that require "zero percent of THIS by 2030"... or "100 percent of THAT by 2040." Mostly politicians or scientist-wannabes trying to put on the cloak of knowledge about shit they really know very little about.

I've also read articles by knowledgeable people regarding the finite nature of lithium supplies in the face of ever increasing demands. Issues like this just can't be ignored in the rush to push 100% electric vehicles by such and such a date.

I come from a technical background. I leave world economics to the experts. I also don't dare suggest that injecting disinfectants or putting UV light inside a human body can kill a virus. I leave stuff like that to medical professionals.
    So basically I'm saying various things:

One... even simpler issues than this usually require a carefully balanced approach to achieve a solution. The world's energy future is anything BUT a simple issue. Probably more complex than most.

Two... I read articles swearing climate change is going to kill us all... and I read articles saying climate change is hogwash. Yet I've never seen a hogwash article produce DATA proving that there isn't a significant change in the climate in the past couple of decades. On the other hand, there are plenty of charts and graphs on global temperature which we are at liberty to believe or not believe. In the absence of opposing data from the "hogwash" camp, I'd have to say most of us are going to believe the climate change data at least to some extent. Now... whether we're all going to be underwater in 10 years time or something to that effect... that is something for us to separate the serious scientists from the doomsayers and hysterical people.

Three... renewable energy is a fact. It's not a bad word. It's there to be used. Which is why I've loved the documentaries I've seen. They are chock-full of engineering breakthroughs based on sound principles.

Four... politicians remain our worst enemies. Nothing but a bunch of rah-rah cheerleaders appealing to the dumbest and most polarized bunches in the herds.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't even come up with an original thought. You're yet again just copying and pasting Russian propaganda here.

Nobody decided to stop importing Russian gas. Russia stopped supplying gas to Europe.

Europe doesn't have oil or gas in any large quantities. It has to import 95+% of its oil and about 80% of its gas. It can never become self sufficient via fossil fuel energy as it doesn't have any. Even if it could become self sufficient, as you cluelessly parrot, it doesn't make any difference to the price Europeans would pay as oil and gas are globally traded commodities and the price is set by global demand. Renewable energy is a big and increasing part of global energy supply. Britain recently has gone for days supplying a hundred percent of its electricity just with wind power. As fossil fuels continue to deplete and become ever more costly to extract renewables will eventually supply all the world's energy needs.

If I had a superpower it would be the ability to be able to show thick people how stupid they are compared to intelligent people. If I could show them in visceral form the Grand Canyon that exists between them and intelligent folks they'd run away and never show their faces again.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The media disinformation surrounding the economic situation with Russia disarmed millions of people and fooled them into believing that it was Russia facing fiscal disaster rather than Europe or potentially the US. Now, it would seem my predictions of a full spectrum crisis are coming true. European governments are now racing to implement the only policies they understand: Stimulus policies.

The UK and the EU are announcing plans to artificially subsidize energy providers and pay a percentage of electric bills for households and businesses. Of course, one has to ask, if it’s that easy for governments to simply print money and feed it to energy providers, then why don’t they just pay for everyone’s electric bills all the time?

Because price controls never work, that’s why.

What the EU is planning is essentially a form of price controls using inflated fiat as a means to placate energy producers for as long as they can. Most oil and gas on the global market is purchased using the US dollar, not the Euro, so it is unclear if Europe will be printing euros to buy dollars or attempting to buy oil, gas, and coal directly. In any case, this will greatly reduce the Euro’s value on the energy market and prices will continue to rise for the EU anyway.

The EU and UK are seeking to cap prices and pay the remainder, but if prices keep climbing, how much are they willing to subsidize and how much are they willing to devalue the Euro (or the Pound) in the process? Are they willing to go into complete currency implosion and hyperinflation to pay for energy?

All of the debate over government stimulus and the effects will be meaningless, though, if the issue of supply is not taken into account. The EU can print as much money as they want, but this doesn’t help them if they can’t acquire enough energy resources to provide the heating and power the public needs. There is ZERO chance that they will be able to fill the void left behind by Russian gas and oil, so a certain percentage of the European population is going to suffer regardless.

Here are the developments Europe will see in the near term:

Rolling Blackouts

Further Price Inflation In Energy

Business Shutdowns Due To Operating Costs

Energy Fascism – Informants And Government Monitoring Of Usage

Further Price Inflation In General Goods Including Food

More Government Price Controls

Governments Pushing The Idea Of Universal Basic Income

Rationing Of All Necessities

Severe Economic Decline And Job Losses

Large Numbers Of People Freezing In The Winter

Civil Unrest

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Italy Rejects EU’s War With Russia As Shock Election Rocks Great Reset Agenda

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wouldn't be surprised to see climate lockdowns in the future
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The four regions — Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia --- ALL FULLY AND LEGALLY ANNEXED TOMORROW AND VLADIMIR PUTIN WILL BE GIVING A BIG SPEECH ON THIS

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The four regions — Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia --- ALL FULLY AND LEGALLY ANNEXED TOMORROW AND VLADIMIR PUTIN WILL BE GIVING A BIG SPEECH ON THIS
    Putin is illegally invading Ukraine and his own people are leaving the country to avoid being forced to join his army.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Putin is illegally invading Ukraine and his own people are leaving the country to avoid being forced to join his army.
    I understand that point of view but NATO and the US provoked him and also did not honor the agreements and Boris Johnson deliberately sabotaged the agreement that Ukraine was reaching in April with Russia and you know darn well that NATO and the West are shipping over 100 billion dollars of weapons into Ukraine and this is just another proxy war by the United States and the United Kingdom industrial complex. They did the same thing to Iraq etc. Don't fall for the Western hype

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand that point of view but NATO and the US provoked him and also did not honor the agreements and Boris Johnson deliberately sabotaged the agreement that Ukraine was reaching in April with Russia and you know darn well that NATO and the West are shipping over 100 billion dollars of weapons into Ukraine and this is just another proxy war by the United States and the United Kingdom industrial complex. They did the same thing to Iraq etc. Don't fall for the Western hype
    It is an illegal war. The West have to try to help Ukraine protect themselves against the invasion.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is an illegal war. The West have to try to help Ukraine protect themselves against the invasion.
    Haven’t helped enough though. Token support.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Damned if they do and damned if they don't......

Getting involved too much may escalate the war but not helping at all would be inhumane.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Damned if they do and damned if they don't......

Getting involved too much may escalate the war but not helping at all would be inhumane.
    you would see it different if we were being invaded. We'd be begging for Europe and US to get involved.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information