Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default R.I.P Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

I am by no means a Royalist but you have to respect the amazing example she set in so many ways in the way she undertook her duty and reigned over 70 years. We now have a King and it will feel strange. Like the sun coming up she has been a constant part of most of our lives here in the UK and we will never see her like again.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: R.I.P Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

I am the same, not a royalist at all but remember celebrating all the jubilees from nursery school to the street party we had this year.

I did meet her daughter opening an office in Walsall, she was tiny and very quaint.

Wow we have a king now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The monarchy has remained largely silent on the history of racism in Britain and how the royal family has benefited from racism and colonialism. ...the truly Satanic nature of the British Empire is on full display.

When Prince Philip met with the former president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, he caused a media whirlwind after he commented on his traditional African garments. “You look like you’re ready for bed,” he said with a laugh, according to a report by the Telegraph. Visiting Australia in 2002, Philip asked an Aboriginal Australian if they were “still throwing spears”.

Queen Elizabeth to Black politician Lord Taylor of Warwick (which is in England), 1999: “And what exotic part of the world do you come from?”

“I had breakfast with the prime minister; I had meetings with the Chinese, the Russians, David Cameron … And I’m proud to say I did not nod off in one of the meetings,” Obama said.

A laughing Prince Philip then blurted out: “Can you tell the difference between them?”

“if you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes.” the Royal Family about Brits living in China for too long.

In 1999, he mused that an old-fashioned fuse box must have been “put in by an Indian”. In 1986, he warned British students in China that they would become “slitty-eyed” if they stayed too long. Australia, China, and India, are just three of dozens of countries destroyed by British colonisation.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The monarchy has remained largely silent on the history of racism in Britain and how the royal family has benefited from racism and colonialism. ...the truly Satanic nature of the British Empire is on full display.

When Prince Philip met with the former president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, he caused a media whirlwind after he commented on his traditional African garments. “You look like you’re ready for bed,” he said with a laugh, according to a report by the Telegraph. Visiting Australia in 2002, Philip asked an Aboriginal Australian if they were “still throwing spears”.

Queen Elizabeth to Black politician Lord Taylor of Warwick (which is in England), 1999: “And what exotic part of the world do you come from?”

“I had breakfast with the prime minister; I had meetings with the Chinese, the Russians, David Cameron … And I’m proud to say I did not nod off in one of the meetings,” Obama said.

A laughing Prince Philip then blurted out: “Can you tell the difference between them?”

“if you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes.” the Royal Family about Brits living in China for too long.

In 1999, he mused that an old-fashioned fuse box must have been “put in by an Indian”. In 1986, he warned British students in China that they would become “slitty-eyed” if they stayed too long. Australia, China, and India, are just three of dozens of countries destroyed by British colonisation.
    So did Prince Phillip die today? Only one line about the Queen in your whole post.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unlike you The Queen had a great sense of respect and decorum with impeccable manners and did all she could to try and unite a very disperate Kingdom of nations. Unlike Phillip she was not racist and in fact was exasperated by Thatchers reluctance to impose any kind of sanctions on South Africa during Apartheid. She was not expecting to be in line to the throne and even when things transpired that pushed her into that role she was still as a young mother of 25 not expecting to have to do her duty so quickly, when her father died young. All this nonsense from a racist dog whistler like yourself who would not even accept Obama as an American let alone as president is really not a great look. Calling a women of great privilege, who none the less rolled up her sleeves 6 years before her crowning as a 19 year old mechanic and driver in the ATS during world war 2, "Lil' Queenie Lizzy, inbred demon" on the day of her passing is a new low, even from you.

She was a mother and grandmother, whatever your ignorant arse thinks about her, and was somebody most people of any political persausion, ethnic background or social class here in Britain could respect and agree on. You reveal more about yourself than anything else with your fake contrarian bullshit.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As said by others yes I'm no royalist. Don't agree that anyone should have to bow to another or that privelege should be a birth right but that aside I had nothing but respect for the Queen.

Selflessly did her duty for 70 years in a role she didn't want. Made a few mistakes - who hasn't - but a truly remarkable lady. You can see the respect she had all round the world. We will never see her like again and she was the last link to an amazing period of history. What a life. RIP

I have no respect for Charles at all and a new era has begun. What next for the monarchy.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone on news just said "its hard to imagine Britain without her"

Think that sums up how we're all feeling - those of a certain age anyway
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

70 years is honestly astonishing. Not sure how much of a lever puller the Queen was or more a 'figure' but to be at the forefront leading thru 70 years in this wider world with constant political strife and conflict and maintain that level of respect and unity is seldom if ever seen anymore. World leaders on whole could take notes on that dignity.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a journalist in the Caribbean and covered the queen and prince Philip during one of their tours. They were so out of touch, such symbols of colonialism and oppression that it was almost a painful experience. They did not care at all. It was all ceremonial. The monarchy has no relevance anywhere whether it be the Caribbean or in the UK itself. Time to bring down Babylon

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She was a tough old bird. She was loved and respected around the world. God save the king.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truss the plan, she took out the queen

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a journalist in the Caribbean and covered the queen and prince Philip during one of their tours. They were so out of touch, such symbols of colonialism and oppression that it was almost a painful experience. They did not care at all. It was all ceremonial. The monarchy has no relevance anywhere whether it be the Caribbean or in the UK itself. Time to bring down Babylon
    Honestly, for large swaths of our own history let alone the last 5+ years we have no room to speak on symbols, wide oppression and being out of touch. We really don't.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a sad day. I agree with the sentiments expressed by the non-trolling people above.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a journalist in the Caribbean
    No you were not. You're incapable of coherently expressing anything in the English language and you 've as much chance as getting a job as a brain surgeon as you have being employed by a newspaper. Anything you post on this board that is in any way coherent or remotely well written has been copied and pasted from elsewhere, including stuff in this thread. Can somebody temporarily ban this idiot please.

Thread Information