Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: R.I.P Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

Charley-Boy, a prat, suffering from arrested development...

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

give back Kohinoor

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    give back Kohinoor
    “ On 16 April 2016, the Indian solicitor general, Ranjit Kumar, told the Indian supreme court that the Koh-i-Noor had been given freely to the British in the mid-19th century by Maharajah Ranjit Singh, and was “neither stolen nor forcibly taken by British rulers”
    Rule 1 of successful and serious journalism, get your facts right . Perhaps that’s why you’re a fruit and veg stall holder on the Mexican border.
    To be fair, you probably lost your vocation in life. You should’ve worked for the Sun.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There seems to be a bit of a hypocritical double standard at play with it being deemed too soon to be enjoying yourself, but not too soon to be going to work. It is apparently not the time for discussions on the future of the monarchy but the exact right time for the irreversible appointment of a monarch and his heirs. Too soon for Parliament to function on behalf of its citizens but not too soon for Parliament to function on behalf of the monarchy

Too soon for Football, which I kind of understand with her and William being so connected with the FA, but what better tribute than thousands of fans silence and applause around the UK? She was all about rolling up your sleeves and getting on with stuff. Notice how it's not too soon for Horseracing or Rugby etc though. Even weirder is the BBBOC cancelling all fights. Boxers have long camps tailored to culminate on fight day and smaller promoters, photojournalists, bar and venue staff etc are all going to be hit by this.

Notice how it is too soon for strikes and protest but not too soon for pay cuts and redundancies. It is too soon for people to say what they genuinely think and feel, but not too soon for people to tell people what they should think and feel.

You see there is a way of respectfully raising issues without trolling like a ranting f*ckwit.
    Last edited by Beanz; 09-10-2022 at 09:28 AM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couple of random things and I'll admit more like display my ignorance of UK affairs and not pretend to know all and define what's best across the pond, but real short...what's the deal with brothers Williams and Harry . Why the "feud" and none contact. Way they go on over here about them you would think matters between them stem from something unspeakable.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't pay close attention and don't know if there is a bad feud or its all hyped in the press.

It began with him marrying meghan I know that and apparently him questioning if he was doing the right thing marrying her. Then him stepping away from the royal family. Then I guess the interviews they've done etc and the racist accusations they've made hasn't helped. Many seem to blame meghan - it's racist of course

But how bad it really is or whether William gives a fuck at all and just has to make out he does who knows.

My view is if they want to step away from public life fair enough but then doing the interviews etc and the Netflix series etc on the back of what he is....is that stepping away is it fuck.

And no I'm not racist
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harry went to see the queen before she passed away as he was in the country.

They are brothers the feud is not real.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Says who
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

He had to go one his own and leave Meghan with the kids ….. there’s no way they would want Andrew babysitting …..
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She was Queen of Nigeria, Cameroon, Jamaica and many other countries in Africa and the Carribbean, not to mention Australia and New Zealand and the rest of the commonwealth and now Charles simply picks up that baton as King

The black ppl running those countries should be ashamed of themselves. Because you have to renew your membership to the Commonwealth every few years and they do because they're happy to be subjects of the crown.

Imagine a black Nigerian coming to Wales, Scotland, England, Australia inisting on them calling him "Your Majesty" insisting on being King of those countries ? insisting on having muscle in those countries ? Insisting on having a national bank holiday on his birthday in those countries and all the schools were closed ? Insisting his face on being on money and stamps in those countries ?

When you put it like that then you realize how outrageous this is .

"O it's just cermonial Denilson. It's just symbolic. Stop bringing race into this"

No.

They have a Privy council in London which is the final court of appeals for any kinda judgment handed down in African and Carribean countries that's part of the Commonwealth. So if someone is on death row or in jail or what ever in any country the queen is head ot state. They had to appeal to her.

It's not just symbolic.

But it's all fun and games "Go and play with Usain Harry"

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 09-12-2022 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

She was Queen of Nigeria, Cameroon, Jamaica and many other countries in Africa and the Carribbean, not to mention Australia and New Zealand and the rest of the commonwealth.

The black ppl running those countries should be ashamed of themselves. Because you have to renew your membership to the Commonwealth every few years and they do because they're happy to be subjects of the crown.

Imagine a black Nigerian coming to Wales, Scotland, England, Australia inisting on them calling him "Your Majesty" insisting on being King of those countries ? insisting on having muscle in those countries ? Insisting on having a national bank holiday on his birthday in those countries and all the schools were closed ? Insisting his face on being on money and stamps in those countries ?

When you put it like that then you realize how outrageous this was .

"O it's just cermonial Denilson. It's just symbolic. Stop bringing race into this"

No.

They have a Privy council in London which is the final court of appeals for any kinda judgment handed down in African and Carribean countries that's part of the Commonwealth. So if someone is on death row or in jail or what ever in any country the queen is head ot state. They had to appeal to her.

It's not just symbolic.

But it's all fun and games "Go and play with Usain Harry"

Couldn't agree more.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having wrote what I wrote (Not that anyone cares what I write or will read what I read...but just saying)

Honestly ? And I can only be 100% honest here. But when I heard the Queen died ? I was actually emotional and seeing coverage on T.V. I don't care who you are you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be somewhat moved.

I was way more emotional than I thought I'd be and I ain't even hardcore monarchist or royalist. Was not falling apart but I was sad and I dunno why I was. Maybe living in the UK. Never known anything else. Maybe because my mum had a photo of her in living room as a kid. I dunno. Maybe because death comes to us all and it's always sadden me. Especially funerals.

Thread Information