Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

Hell of a panorama to look forward to.

Reason why I briefly came back to liking the heavyweights after the Joshua-Wlad classic some years ago... and now have gone back to basically ignoring the division except for getting my comedy fix once in a while.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That giant sigh of relief that was just heard came from "The Big Three", who no longer have to entertain the thought of having to face Joyce.

So... let's get back to the overall heavyweight picture.

So it's December, is it? Again... I won't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if oleksandr fights daniel dubois at least it should get rid of that secondary wba heavyweight belt
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds like Usyk has a clear plan for his next fights and retirement, with the ultimate goal being a heavyweight unification bout with Tyson Fury. He also wants a "freak" fight with Canelo Alvarez for the money, and then finish his career at the Olimpiyskiy Stadium. It will be interesting to see if these fights come to fruition and how Usyk performs in them.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boxericecreamfigpeas View Post
    It sounds like Usyk has a clear plan for his next fights and retirement, with the ultimate goal being a heavyweight unification bout with Tyson Fury. He also wants a "freak" fight with Canelo Alvarez for the money, and then finish his career at the Olimpiyskiy Stadium. It will be interesting to see if these fights come to fruition and how Usyk performs in them.

Usyk is also in the driver's seat as far as public perception is concerned. Fury has done everything in his power to prevent a showdown between him and Usyk... and everyone knows that. The idea is being floated about a tournament in Saudi Arabia in December which involves Fury against Usyk... and Fury already called it rubbish. Fury is a man without an opponent... and just about any opponent he dredges up from the depths of the rankings is going to be hugely criticized by the boxing world.

Meanwhile, Usyk holds three of the four major belts... and has already beaten Joshua twice. The next logical option for Usyk is Daniel Dubois.

The "freak" fight against Canelo I hope doesn't come to pass... as facing Canelo has turned into the retirement ATM mechanism for fighters. Everybody and their brother wants to cash out against Canelo. What I personally want for Canelo is for him to face David Benavidez. But Benavidez is a danger in Canelo's own division and no way in hell Canelo is going to look his way. The most likely scenario for Canelo is Bivol, who is clamoring for a fight at 168 which again... I think is a mistake, but whatever.

Back to Usyk. There's always Wilder. That one isn't mentioned very much... but I'd bet it might begin getting mentioned when it becomes obvious that Usyk has no one of merit left to fight.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder could be "interested" in fighting Oleksandr Usyk, who is yet to agree a deal for a WBA mandatory title defence against Daniel Dubois.

Wilder's manager Shelly Finkel told Sky Sports: "If Deontay was offered the fight against Oleksandr Usyk, of course we would be interested."

The WBA released a statement, which read: "The World Boxing Association (WBA) ordered the Purse bid between heavyweight super champion Oleksandr Usyk and his mandatory challenger Daniel Dubois, which will take place on May 25 in Houston, Texas."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...0e75d1f7&ei=19
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information