Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

"After I get rid of Tyson Fury, I'm going to talk to Wilder," said Usyk to ESNEWS when told that yesterday was Wilder's 37th birthday.

It now appears that, should Usyk defeat Fury, he will face Wilder in his next fight. He has already defeated Anthony Joshua on two occasions and the American may be deemed the next step.

However, one of the sanctioning bodies could order Usyk to make a mandatory defence of one of his belts against a chosen challenger, so Wilder could be left waiting. The 37-year-old could be a frustrating matchup for Usyk thanks to his 6'7" frame.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...c9a3dd67f77528
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk is eager to agree an undisputed clash against Tyson Fury before March next year.

After successfully defending his IBF, WBO and WBA heavyweight titles against Anthony Joshua in August, the undefeated Ukrainian insisted he would not rush back into the ring, ending hopes of the Fury fight taking place before the end of the year.

But a shot at the WBC heavyweight title to become the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis remains his top priority.

Talks are underway between both camps but Usyk insists a fight must take place before 4 March or wait until later in the year.

‘Right now my team is seeking conversations with Tyson Fury, and he is really an unpredictable person, so we can’t guarantee when,’ Usyk said at Web Summit in Lisbon.

‘For me, the idea would be to fight maybe early February or the beginning of March, like March 4, because I am an orthodox Christian.

‘During the great fasting before Easter I do not fight, so it should be all before or then after orthodox Easter (April 16).

‘I want to fight with Fury because I need the fourth belt, and I don’t want to fight with anyone else until I have the fourth belt.’

February had been suggested as a possible date for Fury vs Usyk, with the former set to defend his belt against Derek Chisora at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on 3 December.

Usyk returned to Ukraine following the Russian invasion in February this year to enlist in defence forces, temporarily delaying his rematch with Joshua.

The former cruiserweight king would like to bring the Fury fight back to his homeland, but admits Saudi Arabia is a more likely destination.

‘The organisers are trying to figure out where they can earn more money. For me, yes, I would really like to fight in Ukraine. The country is really capable of hosting this kind of fight.

‘I would be really happy to see it happen in the Olympic Arena in Ukraine. But it is not me who chooses the venue, so I guess it will (this time) be Saudi Arabia.’

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/more...a285de71123f63

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't even venture to guess as to what Usyk or any of these guys should do next.

One thing for sure is that the merry-go-round that is heavyweight talk, nego- (cough) "negotiations", posturing, and calling out of others... will put a glaze over anybody's eyes.

But let's look at the champ and top contenders (at least as far as The Ring is concerned), and see what they're saying today:

Joshua has said he wants: Dillian Whyte (whom he knocked out in 2015), plus the fearsome Otto Wallin and the household name Filip Hrgovic. No mention of Wilder or Fury.

Usyk has said he wants Fury and then Wilder, although it is reported that instead of Wilder he would probably be forced to face a mandatory.

Wilder has said he wants: Fury (forget it, Deontay), Joshua, and Usyk.

Fury is off to face Chisora, who he's already beaten twice... is a retread... and has 12 losses to his record. After that it's anybody's guess.

Side note: Fury gets pissed off when his upcoming slaughter of Chisora is called a mismatch. Of course he does. Hell... Fury's got one foot out the door of boxing anyway.

So what does all of this mean, other than we'll probably never get the fights we want?

I like Usyk and Wilder's attitudes (other than Wilder wanting Fury again ). Let's go get it, and dispense with the nonsense.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I wouldn't even venture to guess as to what Usyk or any of these guys should do next.

One thing for sure is that the merry-go-round that is heavyweight talk, nego- (cough) "negotiations", posturing, and calling out of others... will put a glaze over anybody's eyes.

But let's look at the champ and top contenders (at least as far as The Ring is concerned), and see what they're saying today:

[B]Joshua has said he wants: Dillian Whyte (whom he knocked out in 2015), plus the fearsome Otto Wallin and the household name Filip Hrgovic. No mention of Wilder or Fury.[/B]

Usyk has said he wants Fury and then Wilder, although it is reported that instead of Wilder he would probably be forced to face a mandatory.

Fury is off to face Chisora, who he's already beaten twice... is a retread... and has 12 losses to his record. After that it's anybody's guess.

Side note: Fury gets pissed off when his upcoming slaughter of Chisora is called a mismatch. Of course he does. Hell... Fury's got one foot out the door of boxing anyway.

So what does all of this mean, other than we'll probably never get the fights we want?

I like Usyk and Wilder's attitudes (other than Wilder wanting Fury again ). Let's go get it, and dispense with the nonsense.
    When did Joshua say he wants Whyte, Wallin or Hrgovic? I’ve seen Whyte mentioned just because he’s probably one of the biggest names that’s available.
    No mention of Fury? Fury offered him the fight, Joshua agreed to everything, Fury started putting deadlines in , the fight never got made. JOSHUA WAS THE ONLY BLAMELESS PERSON IN THE WHOLE FIASCO.
    No mention of Wilder? In the last 2 weeks, all I’ve heard from Hearn is that he’s been in contact with Finkel and Finkel is dragging his heels replying. And when he does , it’s very negative.
    We must read different sources I suppose.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 11-03-2022 at 07:16 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

[B]Joshua has said he wants: Dillian Whyte (whom he knocked out in 2015), plus the fearsome Otto Wallin and the household name Filip Hrgovic. No mention of Wilder or Fury.[/B]

When did Joshua say he wants Whyte, Wallin or Hrgovic? I’ve seen Whyte mentioned just because he’s probably one of the biggest names that’s available.
    No mention of Fury? Fury offered him the fight, Joshua agreed to everything, Fury started putting deadlines in , the fight never got made. JOSHUA WAS THE ONLY BLAMELESS PERSON IN THE WHOLE FIASCO.
    No mention of Wilder? In the last 2 weeks, all I’ve heard from Hearn is that he’s been in contact with Finkel and Finkel is dragging his heels replying. And when he does , it’s very negative.

We must.

Quoted an article from The Sun. They may or may not be reputable, who knows.

I stand by my point about the heavyweights being more a soap opera than a boxing division. Too much blah blah blah... very little action. Particularly at the top 4 or 5 level.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so tyson fury has a march fourth deadline?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    so tyson fury has a march fourth deadline?
    No, Usyk has because of his religious beliefs.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heavyweight Anthony Joshua says he wants to fight 'good opponents' like Otto Wallin and Dillian Whyte

"I like fighting good opponents," Joshua told DAZN. "Yeah, I'll fight Otto. Yeah, I'll fight Dillian. I'll fight Hrgovic."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/li...adio_five_live

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Heavyweight Anthony Joshua says he wants to fight 'good opponents' like Otto Wallin and Dillian Whyte

"I like fighting good opponents," Joshua told DAZN. "Yeah, I'll fight Otto. Yeah, I'll fight Dillian. I'll fight Hrgovic."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/li...adio_five_live
    Yeah, @TitoFan had already pointed out his source and I liked it .
    ok , he's said the names of the people who are available and who people are making out to be relevant in the division. he didn't mention :
    Fury - why would he? been there , done that , everyone knows who that fight not getting made is down to.
    Joyce - is Joyce available? if so, then yes that would be a good fight to make because he's flavour of the month at the minute.
    Wilder - It has been made clear SO MANY TIMES that they don't want the fight , and Eddie has been on record in the last couple of weeks saying he's contacted Shelley Finkel about the fight. Again, if they don't want it , they don't want it .
    My Burning question is , why is it ALWAYS down to AJ to make the fights , offer the purses, yadda yadda yadda ? He's not even a World Champion ffs.
    If Joshua had made a fight with Chisora , or someone of his level , even though he's not World Champ, he would've been completely ridiculed, and rightly so!
    but someone else gets away with it................

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is rightly getting a lot of stick for facing Chisora.

You have said yourself that it works in Eddie's interest for AJ not to face Fury so soon after back to back losses.

Joyce is dangerous for both Fury and AJ but sure Warren would not want him to face his own fighter and much prefer him to beat his rival's top fighter.

Wilder will probably want to face Ruiz before AJ.

AJ is the money fighter so everyone wants to face him.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

team tyson were happy to outline feb/ mar for oleksandr, they were also saying they didn't won't to fight aj on dec seventeen because they were looking at oleksandr in feb/ mar. tyson was also talking shit about a fighter not being able to be ready in three months, he'll have three months before the march fourth deadline
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren will not allow 2 of his top heavyweights to fight one another he will try and get Fury v AJ in summer and Joyce v Wilder/ Whyte /Ruiz anyone except Dubois.
    Last edited by Master; 11-05-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury will not fight in December and then again in February/March. And that part isn’t a dig, it’s just fact. No top HW or any other weight to be fair would fight that regularly. But it’s just the bullshit element that makes me laugh.
    Why even say it if there’s no chance of it happening?
    Talk is cheap.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 11-05-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury will not fight in December and then again in February/March. And that part isn’t a dig, it’s just fact. No top HW or any other weight to be fair would fight that regularly. But it’s just the bullshit element that makes me laugh.
    Talk is cheap.
    I bet you Fury faces Usyk in February/March because he wants to retire as undisputed champion and this is the best chance to do it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Talk is cheap.
    I bet you Fury faces Usyk in February/March because he wants to retire as undisputed champion and this is the best chance to do it.
    I bet they don’t fight in February/March. I wouldn’t believe everything you hear from team Fury.
    Giving purses, to the homeless , eating dodgy wild boar, £10k donation to charity, negotiations with AJ going to the wire before realising he was legally bound to fight Wilder. Then more negotiations with Joshua only to not happen again.
    Retirement, non retirement, yadda yadda yadda.
    More bullshit than Valencia Bull ring!

Thread Information