Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

Frank Warren is hoping the unification fight happens.

"The negotiations have been very drawn out and long which has been frustrating. There are still a few issues to iron out yet," he continued when discussing how close Fury vs Usyk is to being finalised. "If it's going to happen it will happen on April 29, but we will have to wait and see. Tyson will want to fight on that date and I'm hoping we don't have to go down the route of finding him an alternative opponent."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...3f05eb87&ei=98
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will be interesting to see how Usyk's plan plays out and if he can achieve his goals before retiring. It will be a great way to end his career and cement his legacy as one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk has declared that the undisputed heavyweight title fight with Tyson Fury must be made.

"I need this fight and that's it. I think he needs it too. This fight is very important for both of us," Usyk told The Overlap.

"All four belts haven't been held by one person," Usyk said, pointing out it has been two decades since the heavyweight division had an undisputed champion.

"So both of us need this fight."

He does expect Fury to be even more of a challenge than Joshua. "Yes of course, he has a different style," Usyk said. "Fury is more audacious."

"I'm not afraid of Tyson Fury," the Ukrainian declared. "This will be like any other fight. It's just a big man who has never lost before against a man who has the WBC belt.

"Of course it's possible to get carried away but actually this is a normal fight for the right to win all the belts.

"If a person is bigger than me, it doesn't mean they're stronger than me. If they have longer arms, it doesn't mean that it will be an advantage.

"I've been boxing since I was 15 years old. They kept telling me that I shouldn't be boxing. They told me that I wouldn't become an Olympic champion or a world champion and that I shouldn't have switched to the heavyweight division.

"But these were opinions from people who couldn't do it themselves. Personally I keep praying and move forward. I don't worry about whether I will reach my destination.

"It's like a samurai. He doesn't have an aim, he has his path. I have my path too."

He is inspired by his country's fight to resist the Russian invasion. He served in the Ukrainian defence force at the beginning of the all-out war last year and now represents Ukraine through his sport.

"I'm boxing for everyone who is defending our country right now and in the memory of those warriors who are no longer with us," he said.

"Also for all those who want to be free and who stood for their country against those who came to conquer us."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...c2332b75&ei=99

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren told talkSPORT: "We're still none the wiser.

"You need the agreement of both boxers to make it happen and at the moment we haven't got that."

Warren admits the purse split is a major sticking point over the first undisputed title fight in over a quarter of a century.

He said: “I have a pot and out of that pot I can only pay what’s in it.

"And if it’s not enough money the fight won’t happen, at the end of the day we’re running a business."

But he insists he's doing everything in his power to get the fight over the line, adding: “We’re working hard to make it happen.

“And, with the greatest respect, I didn’t ring talkSPORT to do an interview about it, you rang me.

“So, out of courtesy I’m telling you where we are, but I’m not going to be conducting negotiations at the moment they’re confidential between the two parties.

“But, I would say it’s not going to go past the end of this week that’s for sure because the proposed date is April 29."

He continued: "No one wants to see this fight more than me, no one has ever promoted the four belts, it’s never happened.

"So it’s history-making.

"I want it, but I can’t force people into a situation unless they’re comfortable.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21623...-fight-update/

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tyson v oleksandr isn't happening next is it?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Does not look like it will happen and I have to blame Tyson Fury.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really is quite clear, one man wants the fight and one man does not. Literally ALL the cards on the table to be decided for heavyweight legacy to be had...but we sit there and watch Fury and Wilder tickle each other's low hanging fruit in Dubai. It's embarrassing.

They're doing 4...aren't they .

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Well usyk is making the outrageous demand of wanting a 50/50 split..... Actually you might be right...

Not many like Wladimir but he gave sultan and Haye 50/50 splits to get titles unified, these guys could learn from him

Wait Wilder fury four isn't happening is it...might as well do fury Chisora four too :S

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Well usyk is making the outrageous demand of wanting a 50/50 split..... Actually you might be right...

Not many like Wladimir but he gave sultan and Haye 50/50 splits to get titles unified, these guys could learn from him

Wait Wilder fury four isn't happening is it...might as well do fury Chisora four too :S
    I do not understand why Fury will not take the fight. This may be a once in a career opportunity to unify the division against a blown up middleweight. It is a relatively easier fight than Wilder. Money does not matter to Tyson Fury and it is all about legacy for him.

What is going on with him?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not understand why Fury will not take the fight. This may be a once in a career opportunity to unify the division against a blown up middleweight. It is a relatively easier fight than Wilder. Money does not matter to Tyson Fury and it is all about legacy for him.

1. you have truly sucked up every word Fury has said , haven't you ? If i didn't know better , i would suspect that you're a "Fury alt" account! And as for this "Blown up MW" nonsense, absolute horseshit!
    2. Money is EVERYTHING to Tyson Fury. Tell me a traveller that it doesn't mean anything to?

3. He's fucking bottling it , that's what's going on. not "scared bottling it" , more "knowing he'll get beat kind of bottling it." Try getting your head out of Fury's ass and you'll see things a lot clearer.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

1. you have truly sucked up every word Fury has said , haven't you ? If i didn't know better , i would suspect that you're a "Fury alt" account! And as for this "Blown up MW" nonsense, absolute horseshit!
    2. Money is EVERYTHING to Tyson Fury. Tell me a traveller that it doesn't mean anything to?

3. He's fucking bottling it , that's what's going on. not "scared bottling it" , more "knowing he'll get beat kind of bottling it." Try getting your head out of Fury's ass and you'll see things a lot clearer.
    Colour fonts? That's new from you.

For the first point I was being sarcastic and using Tyson's own words against him.

For your second point, money means everything to all people regardless of their background.

For your third point and as I have already said Fury would beat Usyk. So do not know why his delay to the fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TYSON FURY has "turned down" a 60/40 to the winner deal to fight Oleksandr Usyk in April, the Ukrainian's team claim.

The duo are targeting a historic heavyweight unification bout.

The huge fight could take place on British soil at Wembley Stadium, with an April 29 date being targeted.

But Usyk's promoter Alex Krassyuk has bemoaned the demands of Fury's camp.

Speaking to talkSPORT, he said: "Frank Warren said he's got a pot and he needs to get the agreement of both parties to participate, and if the money in the pot is not enough it won’t happen.

"I completely agree with it. On our side, we have nothing more to add.

"We are not asking for a figure, we are asking for a split and probably the split doesn’t work well if someone is asking for a figure, and I can definitely say that it’s not our party.

"We have said that we want this fight to happen as much as possible and we are in the position to share whatever the fight generates.

"If it generates a lot, then we are happy to share it. If it doesn’t, it is what it is.

"But it’s all about the glory, it’s all about the legacy, it’s all about the huge thing, the fight has never happened before so we are really thirsty to make it happen.

"But boxing is a sport of two men and if only Usyk gets into the ring, there won’t be a match for undisputed. It will be shadowboxing of the unified champion.

"What can I say? We are open, we are ready to go, maybe someone wants to avoid the danger and to stay in a comfortable position. I don’t know and I really don’t care.

"If Tyson doesn’t show up, we still have the belts and we go our way."

On their exact demands, Krassyuk added: "We initially agreed for 50/50. But then Tyson was asking for some bigger money.

"So we made it clear that we are ready to go 60/40, but the winner takes 60. That was our latest offer."

Asked to clarify if Team Fury had turned that offer down, Krassyuk confirmed: "Yes, exactly."

Despite difficulties getting the deal over the line, Krassyuk remains "optimistic" that the fight will be made.

He concluded: "I am experienced and I’ve been here for a while. Normally when a fighter does not want to take a fight, he asks for something impossible so it doesn’t take place.

"On the other side, I’m really optimistic. Maybe Tyson is not ready yet. Maybe he’s is not ready mentally, maybe he’s not ready physically, whatever, I don’t know and we don’t really care.

"We want to make it happen. If he doesn’t want it, we can’t make him want it. So what can I say? The fight should happen someday."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21633...ndr-usyk-deal/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Colour fonts? That's new from you.

For the first point I was being sarcastic and using Tyson's own words against him.

For your second point, money means everything to all people regardless of their background.

For your third point and as I have already said Fury would beat Usyk. So do not know why his delay to the fight.
    Colour fonts were to make it clear for you.
    Points 1 & 2, I wasn’t aware you were capable of sarcasm.
    Point 3 , Usyk wins , that’s why Fury won’t sign. Skill always beats size.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tyson wants the biggest money for the least risk & oleksandr doesn't fall into that category. oleksandr should just fight joe joyce next

Thread Information