Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Yep I'm in agreement but just one thing that don't make sense to me in all this - he took on Wilder 3 times the most dangerous one out there for his style.....

Just can't get my head round that one.
    Man finds a favorite meal at his restaurant he's likely to reorder it one too many times . He had Wilder on a blueprint after the "draw" and other than one scary shat his shorts round, he basically dominated Wilder in II and the unnecessary "clause" 3rd that pooched a road to AJ.

I wonder if that's one thing that really eats at Fury too. Fuels that bitterness. Fact that Usyk did what he wouldn't and took Joshua twice.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still the most dangerous one though. I'd still say that now. Even if you dominate wilder he's still dangerous and capable of taking you out at any second.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    On the boxing side I think Usyck should just get on with it and ignore Fury, he has plenty of big money fights out there, which will be interesting to see, the longer it goes on Fury will resort to mediabollox crap with wrestlers MMA or whatever and end up on love island, Usyck can offer Fury a fight when Fury's 43 yrs old at 80/20, up yours media man

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua said: “I tell you what, if he is doing a 70/30 split for an undisputed heavyweight world title fight, to an already undisputed cruiserweight and unified heavyweight champion, imagine what he is going to try to offer me.

“It’s just a nightmare.

“But when that fight happens – God willing it does – then my management and promotional team will be in my corner, they will back me, they know what I bring to the table.

“They would negotiate fiercely to make sure I get a lion’s share of what’s on the table.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...leksandr-usyk/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Joshua said: “I tell you what, if he is doing a 70/30 split for an undisputed heavyweight world title fight, to an already undisputed cruiserweight and unified heavyweight champion, imagine what he is going to try to offer me.

“It’s just a nightmare.

“But when that fight happens – God willing it does – then my management and promotional team will be in my corner, they will back me, they know what I bring to the table.

“They would negotiate fiercely to make sure I get a lion’s share of what’s on the table.”

That, of course, is if he gets past April fools day. Jermaine Wassname 9/1 on betfair. I guess that a week before a 'fight' Joshua has not come up with the time honoured ' I'm too busy concentrating on my next fight', because he, and all the officials, knows he's going to win.
    Last edited by nuggetdotcom; 03-26-2023 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury Sr has now told Metro: “Tyson knows my opinion and that is all those people wrapped around him want sacking. The full lot.

“If they talk about loyalty, that’s not loyalty as far as I’m concerned. If you are stood by your man, shoulder to shoulder, you take it all.

“You’re not going to pass the blame or distance yourself from him.

“Tyson is my son and I will stand with him until the day I die.

“‘That thing with SugarHill the other day, what the hell was that about? ‘I’m only here for Okolie.’ What was he talking about?

“When I have seen him training Tyson, he was living in Tyson’s house, he had his missus there, he was using the gym and I have seen him working Tyson out.

“And all of a sudden he denied him like Judas Iscariot denied Jesus Christ? What the hell was going on there?

“For me, that is a sacking offence. He will be down the road for that charade. It was upsetting.

“Tyson just falls in love with these people and finds out they are not who they seem to be.

“It is all about pound signs and he has put SugarHill where he is.

“He give these guys a chance like the others he has put around him and it has ended in tears.

“Get rid of them, clear the board. How does the heavyweight champion need all this?

“It would be easier if he did it all himself and he has got capable people around him to help him do it.

“Not just me. With sound people around him we can make the right decisions and get on with it.

“Get rid of them all. They all want to be his best mate but as soon as things get a bit sticky and he gets a few bad comments, people want to distance themselves from him.”

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Promoter Bob Arum, who takes care of Fury's career in America, has declared that the pair were expecting much higher paydays in Saudi Arabia, particularly after Usyk made massive money during his last trip to face Anthony Joshua in August.

"In the Middle East, they have a tendency to put up a lot more money than any place else," Arum told reporter Steve Kim. "It's normal for all kinds of people whether they're promoters or fighters to hold out and hope that lightning strikes, I mean, that was the problem with Fury-Usyk negotiations.

"The deal that was worked out for Usyk in London was he was pretty well guaranteed between £12-15million which is almost $20m. But he had talked previously with the Saudis who were interested in doing this fight but not until the winter, where they had apparently agreed to pay him $60m. So can you blame him for being disappointed with $15-20m? No, that's human nature."

Once it was determined that the Middle East was out of the equation, Fury angled to move the fight to Wembley Stadium in London, where the pair would be paid considerably less. He then demanded that Usyk agree to an unheard of lopsided 70/30 split in order to make the fight happen.

When Usyk agreed, with the caveat that Fury donate £1m from his purse to the people of Ukraine, Fury then insisted that there be no rematch clause for the fight. It later emerged that Fury was also not planning to pay the £1m to Ukraine, and that the losing fighter's promoter would instead front the money.

Ultimately, talks broke down between the two sides when a split for the rematch couldn't be agreed, with Usyk's team wanting a reversal of the wild split if they entered the second fight as champion. Fury's team pushed for 50/50, and a deal was taken off the table with both men set for other challenges in the meantime.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...28034b71&ei=24

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

deontay wilder is now the new wba number one. if they can get daniel dubois to step aside a fight with oleksandr could happen
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    deontay wilder is now the new wba number one. if they can get daniel dubois to step aside a fight with oleksandr could happen
    That's absolute corruption 101 there. Wilder has done fook all for 3 years. He and Fury probably working that out last time in Dubai .

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua reveals Usyk pulled out of Fury negotiations after reading key detail in Gypsy King’s own BOOK

AJ told Boxing Social: "Usyk said he was reading Fury’s book, and he said stalling negotiations was a part of his (Fury’s) tactic.

"So when he read that he was like ‘I’m done with these negotiations’.

"When you know someone, not only physically, obviously you’re going to fight them so you study their craft.

"But you know them mentally - why are you playing into their games?

"Usyk had these negotiations. I’m not playing into these games anymore."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21922...-reading-book/

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the wba has now officially ordered oleksandr v daniel dubois
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk has now spoken out, telling Volodymyr Kobelkov about Fury: “I see that nothing is going on, he is trying to play us, and I said, ‘That’s all, bye’…

“He says, ’70/30, I am the king. It’s all thanks to me.’ I don’t respond to that. I understand that this is a mental game.

“The king is the king. And the king does not need to shout that he is the king.”

Usyk took a parting shot at Fury as he added: “He is trying very hard to copy the great Muhammad Ali, but the copy is very bad.”

Now, the Ukrainian has been ordered by the WBA to defend his belts against their mandatory challenger Daniel Dubois next.

Usyk has accepted this and, when asked about his next fight, admitted: “It will probably be Daniel Dubois at the end of the summer…

“I will go to Britain, I love it very much. My first big achievements were in Britain. Then Anthony Joshua. I like this place, I like the fans, the people

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...-muhammad-ali/

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will be interesting to see what Usyk does with this rumour of a December tournament in the middle east. Will he now face his mandatories Dubois or Hgrovic in the summer or will they be paid off and he is inactive until the end of the year?

What will Fury do, will he also decide to not fight until December as AJ has said he will? Wilder will not be facing Ruiz do has no obligations.

This means that the top 4 heavyweight fighters will be inactive waiting for the middle east money.

It also leaves Joyce out in the cold although I am sure he would not mind beating up the best of the rest.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Usyk does with this rumour of a December tournament in the middle east. Will he now face his mandatories Dubois or Hgrovic in the summer or will they be paid off and he is inactive until the end of the year?

What will Fury do, will he also decide to not fight until December as AJ has said he will? Wilder will not be facing Ruiz do has no obligations.

This means that the top 4 heavyweight fighters will be inactive waiting for the middle east money.

It also leaves Joyce out in the cold although I am sure he would not mind beating up the best of the rest.
    Usyk will probably fight one of his mandatories because he knows he'll win and it keeps him ticking over. Unlike the rest , with Usyk it's Boxing 1st, Money 2nd .
    Fury will either sit around or fight a bum , and even then might still pull out in December.
    it doesn't matter what Wilder does , he's an irrelevance .
    and Joshua has already said he'll sit it out till December , which is disapponting.

Let's see what Joyce does the weekend. But it has been noticeable that recently he has been far more vocal and dismissive of the champions , and i think that's a gameplan his team have devised to drag one of the big boys out .
    To be honest, in answer to the original question on the header of this thread, Usyk should do exactly the same! slag off the rest as bums and keep pointing out that Fury ducked him .
    It might not work , but it would release some pent up frustration at being avoided and have a bit of fun with it as well.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information