Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

february twenty fifth sounds about right for tyson v oleksandr
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    february twenty fifth sounds about right for tyson v oleksandr
    As long as it gets made next, that is all that matters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Irish boxing legend Barry McGuigan talked up underdog Usyk's chances.

He told The Mirror: "Fury relies on his size and intimidation.

"But Usyk does not scare easily. The way he stared down Fury at the Chisora fight told us that.

“Usyk was too good for Joshua, who improved considerably in the second fight.

"Joshua is a decent attacking fighter too, better than Fury on the front foot.

“Fury is essentially a boxer-fighter. He rarely comes forward until he has to. Speed is the issue.

"Usyk is not only a southpaw who moves brilliantly and takes a shot, he has epic speed.

"I think this is a much tougher fight for Fury than he thinks it is. And, like Joshua, he could be in for a rude awakening.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20855...nthony-joshua/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe usyk can become the Michael spinks or the Billy Conn and shock fury, as con almost did and as Michael spinks did twice

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

"But Usyk does not scare easily. The way he stared down Fury at the Chisora fight told us that.

“Fury is essentially a boxer-fighter. He rarely comes forward until he has to. Speed is the issue.

"Usyk is not only a southpaw who moves brilliantly and takes a shot, he has epic speed.

"I think this is a much tougher fight for Fury than he thinks it is. And, like Joshua, he could be in for a rude awakening.”

Both Fury and Usyck can fight who they want, when they want, for top dollar, which they both deserve. Hopefully if they ever meet it will be for a world record fee for them both and good luck to them. By comparison the rest of the division is crap.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

Both Fury and Usyck can fight who they want, when they want, for top dollar, which they both deserve. Hopefully if they ever meet it will be for a world record fee for them both and good luck to them. By comparison the rest of the division is crap.
    I agree. The division is total crap. For example, AJ sucks lemons. If the division even had a Razor Ruddock, Ray Mercer, or a Tommy Morrison these days, AJ would be out of boxing by now. Called it years ago. Joshua is a joke.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As such, Fury vs Usyk is increasingly likely to go ahead next – and with all the titles on the line – as key figures in negotiations target a March fight date.

“We are all looking at March, and everybody is really up for getting this done, and we are all really positive it will get done,” Warren told Talksport on Tuesday (10 January).

“There’s still lots of things to be sorted out, but I genuinely believe this will happen.

“It’s good the IBF yesterday knocked out they were going to have their mandatory, they cancelled it. Everything is looking positive for it.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...fa9b84c72539b7

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks - after reading that I'm convinced this fight will be scheduled very soon
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    thanks - after reading that I'm convinced this fight will be scheduled very soon
    It will happen, do not know why it has to take so long, both fighters want it to become undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. It will cement their legacy as the best in our time.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum has now revealed that he is waiting for an offer from Saudi Arabia to stage the fight in the Middle East.

The veteran promoter has given them until the end of this week to come forward. If they don't, he has indicated that Wembley is the next most likely venue for the undisputed bout, but "talks about percentages" would need to take place.

"The fighters have agreed to fight," Arum said.

"I spoke to Frank Warren. We're giving them until [this] week to come with their offer, which I believe we'll get.

"If we don't, then we're gonna do the fight at Wembley. And then we'd have to talk about the percentages because Usyk wants 50-50. "That's not right if the fight's at Wembley because there will be 95,000 Brits at the fight and big Brit pay-per-view money, so Tyson deserves the lion's share. "But we don't get to that point if the [investors in Saudi Arabia] come through, because the way they operate is they make deals with each of the fighters. "We've been led to believe that they're going to come with a proposal [this] week. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's not like they haven't come through in the past."

'A final draft of the paperwork isn't ready' despite the bout being pencilled in for March/April. The report adds that that 'hold-up stems from a trio of events', which are the fight venue, purse split and 'dates in the Pay-Per-View calendar'.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...c664ee43b35208

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk remain in talks for an undisputed heavyweight title fight being targeted for April 29, sources told ESPN. Usyk closed his side of the deal with the Saudis and now Fury must. If not, the fight could head to Wembley. Ramadan ends on April 21," Coppinger tweeted.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...359e362abf148a

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tyson lost his pen?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury should accept the 50/50 split. It is fair and I will be very disappointed if the fight does not happen.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury should accept the 50/50 split. It is fair and I will be very disappointed if the fight does not happen.
    I agree. Both fighters are at the same level of prestige for their weight classes and there is no reason why Tyson fury should be asking for more than 50%.. I think that usyk is going to prove more trouble than people realize but at the same time I don't think he is going to be able to take the monster shot from the big man. I mean he did take a couple of AJ's power right hand very well, but AJ just can't put his punches together like Tyson fury can. I think that oosac will tire from getting leaned on and mugged and by about the 8th of the 9th round the big man is going to finish the job

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I agree. Both fighters are at the same level of prestige for their weight classes and there is no reason why Tyson fury should be asking for more than 50%.. I think that usyk is going to prove more trouble than people realize but at the same time I don't think he is going to be able to take the monster shot from the big man. I mean he did take a couple of AJ's power right hand very well, but AJ just can't put his punches together like Tyson fury can. I think that oosac will tire from getting leaned on and mugged and by about the 8th of the 9th round the big man is going to finish the job
    Totally agree should be 50/50 both have bin there done that, and Usyck has more alphabets than Tyson. This fight is the current day epitomy of what top class prof heavyweights should be doing, and shouldn't be thrown away due to cash issues.

Thread Information