Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
I wouldn't even venture to guess as to what Usyk or any of these guys should do next.

One thing for sure is that the merry-go-round that is heavyweight talk, nego- (cough) "negotiations", posturing, and calling out of others... will put a glaze over anybody's eyes.

But let's look at the champ and top contenders (at least as far as The Ring is concerned), and see what they're saying today:

[B]Joshua has said he wants: Dillian Whyte (whom he knocked out in 2015), plus the fearsome Otto Wallin and the household name Filip Hrgovic. No mention of Wilder or Fury.[/B]

Usyk has said he wants Fury and then Wilder, although it is reported that instead of Wilder he would probably be forced to face a mandatory.

Wilder has said he wants: Fury (forget it, Deontay), Joshua, and Usyk.

Fury is off to face Chisora, who he's already beaten twice... is a retread... and has 12 losses to his record. After that it's anybody's guess.

Side note: Fury gets pissed off when his upcoming slaughter of Chisora is called a mismatch. Of course he does. Hell... Fury's got one foot out the door of boxing anyway.

So what does all of this mean, other than we'll probably never get the fights we want?

I like Usyk and Wilder's attitudes (other than Wilder wanting Fury again ). Let's go get it, and dispense with the nonsense.
When did Joshua say he wants Whyte, Wallin or Hrgovic? I’ve seen Whyte mentioned just because he’s probably one of the biggest names that’s available.
No mention of Fury? Fury offered him the fight, Joshua agreed to everything, Fury started putting deadlines in , the fight never got made. JOSHUA WAS THE ONLY BLAMELESS PERSON IN THE WHOLE FIASCO.
No mention of Wilder? In the last 2 weeks, all I’ve heard from Hearn is that he’s been in contact with Finkel and Finkel is dragging his heels replying. And when he does , it’s very negative.
We must read different sources I suppose.
Heavyweight Anthony Joshua says he wants to fight 'good opponents' like Otto Wallin and Dillian Whyte

"I like fighting good opponents," Joshua told DAZN. "Yeah, I'll fight Otto. Yeah, I'll fight Dillian. I'll fight Hrgovic."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/li...adio_five_live
Yeah, @TitoFan had already pointed out his source and I liked it .
ok , he's said the names of the people who are available and who people are making out to be relevant in the division. he didn't mention :
Fury - why would he? been there , done that , everyone knows who that fight not getting made is down to.
Joyce - is Joyce available? if so, then yes that would be a good fight to make because he's flavour of the month at the minute.
Wilder - It has been made clear SO MANY TIMES that they don't want the fight , and Eddie has been on record in the last couple of weeks saying he's contacted Shelley Finkel about the fight. Again, if they don't want it , they don't want it .
My Burning question is , why is it ALWAYS down to AJ to make the fights , offer the purses, yadda yadda yadda ? He's not even a World Champion ffs.
If Joshua had made a fight with Chisora , or someone of his level , even though he's not World Champ, he would've been completely ridiculed, and rightly so!
but someone else gets away with it................

You make some good points. It SHOULDN'T be only up to Joshua to make the big fights. Again... I'm not dumping on Joshua. Why indeed... would he mention Fury? Fury is only the most unpredictable fighter on the planet in terms of what he's going to do next. In fact, I'm convinced Fury enjoys toying with the fans and the media. He likes to keep 'em guessing. About the only thing I give Fury credit for is stepping into the middle of the Wilder-Joshua negotiations back then, and fighting Wilder himself.

I think our only point of disagreement is on Joshua and Wilder. Not that I can claim any inside information any more than the next guy... but I would have to genuinely ask why on Earth would Wilder "duck" Joshua, if that's what's being implied. Wilder thus far hasn't shown he's the "ducking" type. Not saying Joshua is either, but for some reason that fight hasn't happened yet, and to me... that's the white elephant in the room. It would be a hell of a fight, regardless of the fact that both have already suffered knockout losses.

I'm not a Wilder fan per se... but I do stick up for the guy when he continues to get dumped on. Sure... he started his career with a conga line of bums. Sure... his technique has always left a lot to be desired. Sure... he (used to) talk a lot of shit about dead bodies and crap like that. But he's gradually changed a lot of these things (opponents have gotten better... he's made an honest effort to improve his techniques... he's a little more quiet nowadays). He tried Fury three times and failed. Give him credit for that. Fury's not easy for anybody.

In a nutshell. Wilder's lost twice to Fury. Joshua's lost twice to Usyk. I say, hell... let's just get it on.