Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

if this fight is announced then it was probably signed awhile ago & all this split stuff is just to build interest & promote the fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just announce the fight and get it made. Fury is being made a complete ass during these exchanges. I think he will end up losing his mind and going off the rails. Never to return to boxing again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TYSON FURY has launched an X-rated rant at Oleksandr Usyk as the pair appear to be closing in on a date for their heavyweight clash.

The 34-year-old said on Instagram: "Usyk, you little s***bag. Sign the contract, get your money and get f***ed up.

"You little s***house. You're a little gappy-toothed, ugly b******. Sign the contract."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21675...ght-instagram/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adam Catterall reacted to this news on Twitter, saying: “Oleksandr Usyk has accepted the ridiculous financial split of 70/30 against him to fight in the back yard of an undefeated champion, who is just as technical as he is, whilst giving away EVERY possible physical advantage. Proper. Fighting. Man.”

Catterall went on to tell talkSPORT: “As far as I’m concerned, Oleksandr Usyk has accepted the terms and conditions that Tyson Fury has sent his way.

“So, I am fully anticipating over the next 24 hours to find out more information that this fight is signed, sealed and delivered.

“And on April 29 we will be rocking and rolling and getting it on at Wembley Stadium.

“Where else can you go, there’s no excuse. If this doesn’t happen now it’s all on Tyson Fury.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...y-fight-terms/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if a tyson v oleksandr fight happens next it'll probably be in june
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren said on talkSPORT: “Everyone wants to see the fight.

"Everybody should take their hat off to Tyson Fury because he’s the only heavyweight since going back to those great glory days of Ali, Foreman and Frazier that has fought the best around of the generations he’s been in.

“He’s fought against Klitschko, who was the best of his generation, went to his back yard and beat him.

“The longest reigning heavyweight in Deontay Wilder – went to the states not once but three times and beat him.

“Now he’s stepping up to the guy who has had two wins over Joshua and has three belts.

“You have to take your hat off to Tyson, we talk about Lennox Lewis, but he never fought Riddick Bowe, never fought Mike Tyson until he was well past his best.

“I’m not taking anything away from Lennox he was a great fighter. Tyson has fought all these guys at their best.”

And despite leaving it late in the day to both promote and prepare for the bout, the Hall of Famer said April 29 is still the planned judgement day.

He said: “That would be the date for the fight. At one stage I wasn’t sure if Tyson would be fit for it, but he’s okay.

“The bottom line is they have both come out and said what they want to do and obviously we have to get the contracts signed.

"Everybody is working on that to get everything finalised.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21684...fighting-usyk/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk has dismissed sparring partner Martin Bakole's claim he dropped him ahead of his fight with Tyson Fury.

The Ukrainian is expected to next take on WBC king Fury on April 29 at Wembley Stadium after the pair verbally agreed a deal following a lengthy stand-off during negotiations. Usyk will look to become the undisputed champion by adding the final belt to his collection after beating Anthony Joshua twice, and he has already began training camp despite no official fight confirmation.

Usyk previously drafted in heavyweight contender Bakole to prepare for his rematch with Joshua which he won by split decision, boxing his way to another step to supremacy. However the Congolese star has since insisted he became the first man to stop the unified champion in sparring.

However the 36-year-old's manager Alex Krassyuk has suggested that events actually were the other way around with Usyk prevented from inflicting further damage on Bakole. "Bakole is a great kid," Krassyuk told Sky Sports. "He was Usyk's best sparring partner within last three training camps. But I heard him stopping Usyk just once, and he stopped him from knocking Bakole out."

Usyk has yet to be stopped in his professional career during which he has had huge success by first becoming undisputed champion at cruiserweight. He then elected to move up to the heavyweight division, where he defeated Derek Chisora before dethroning Joshua and beating him in a subsequent rematch.

Talks have been held extensively over arguably the biggest test of his career against fellow undefeated champion Fury, but an official date is yet to be announced, However the pair finally made a breakthrough this week after Usyk agreed to a 70/30 split in his rival's favour which sees a fight now back on track.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...7779251c&ei=18

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury challenged Oleksandr Usyk to forego any rematch clause ahead of their proposed blockbuster bout in April - before Usyk insisted the clause was coming from Fury's side and that he does not want to play the Briton's "stupid games".

The World Boxing Association confirmed on Friday evening that an "agreement" had been reached for a fight between the undefeated pair, who hold the heavyweight division's four titles between them.

WBC champion Fury addressed WBA, WBO and IBF champion Usyk in a video posted on Twitter, saying: "I've been speaking to the lawyers and Usyk's people have been talking about rematch clauses.

Oleksandr Usyk on Tyson Fury: Both of us need this fightOleksandr Usyk's camp deny Martin Bakole stopped him in sparring.
    "Here's one to up the ante - how about there is no rematch clause for both of us? Let's up the ante completely.

"Never worry about what's in the future or how many more dollars you can get after you've been defeated. Worry about the fight.

"No rematch clause. Winner takes the glory, the loser goes home. How about that? Agree to that."

Usyk responded by releasing a video of his own, in which he said: "Greedy Belly [Fury]. Very much, the clause comes from your side, not mine. Stop whining and ducking.

"Be a man. Ink the contract or vacate the belt. I need undisputed - and not to play your stupid games."

Speaking last week, Usyk said a fight with Fury was "very important for both of us" and that it must be made.

"All four belts haven't been held by one person, so both of us need this fight," Usyk said, pointing out it has been two decades since the heavyweight division had an undisputed champion.

"I'm not afraid of Tyson Fury. His will be like any other fight. It's just a big man who has never lost before against a man who has the WBC belt.

"Of course it's possible to get carried away but actually this is a normal fight for the right to win all the belts.

"If a person is bigger than me, it doesn't mean they're stronger than me. If they have longer arms, it doesn't mean that it will be an advantage.

"I've been boxing since I was 15-years-old. They kept telling me that I shouldn't be boxing. They told me that I wouldn't become an Olympic champion or a world champion and that I shouldn't have switched to the heavyweight division.

"But these were opinions from people who couldn't do it themselves. Personally, I keep praying and move forward. I don't worry about whether I will reach my destination.

"It's like a samurai. He doesn't have an aim, he has his path. I have my path too."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...615dadec&ei=24

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury now trying anything to avoid being exposed. Embarassing stuff. To talk about about Usyk who is a model professional and frankly has a lot more to worry about now with his homeland under seige then Fury, in such a derogatory way is very telling. This is not just 'selling the fight' it's bottling it big time. Can't wait till he either gets humiliated in the ring, or f*cks off for good. He has been a bullshitter since day one.

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must admit Fury is not coming out well in these negotiations but he seldom does anyway. He should stop talking to the press.

I still believe Fury does wins the bout but Usyk seems very confident he will win. He must be in great condition and thinks Tyson will not get in shape by the time the fight happens.

At least the great match-up will be happening. It would be a crime if it had not been made.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Each action makes me turn more against him. Damn him for doing this!

I really can't see him being scared of fighting usyk not with what he's been through. Usyk can only win by scoring and running. He can't hurt him.

Maybe he knows he can't get in shape any more.... Who knows
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Usyk can hurt him. People have put so much behind the getting up from being clocked by Wilder that he has made him seem like something he is not. He may not be the fighter that Cunningham put on his arse but you can still hurt him. His ankles have gone,his elbow is shot, Wallin proved that you can still cut him. He gets away with a lot. Watch him hold the ropes and punch, rabbit punch, smother, all kinds of bollocks that a decent reff should be giving him stick for.
    Usyk's best hope is certainly a points win but he won't be running away for 12 rounds. He is smart enough to get in an out and nullify a lot of Fury's best work.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as far as I'm concerned , the only thing Fury has over Usyk is size. And that is only an advantage if you use it properly and more importantly, if your opponent allows you to use it .
    As Mike Tyson showed , it can also be used against you .
    Fury has skills............for a big man! but he is nowhere near as skilful as Usyk.
    and Fury is Bigger than Joshua, but not by loads , yet Usyk coped fairly easily with that size difference.
    Usyk isn't as small as Fury would have you believe.
    If this fight ever happens, I see Usyk winning plenty of rounds early and getting a wide points win or maybe even stopping Fury late on.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Though Krassyuk was sceptical about Fury's preparation, he revealed Usyk is training specifically for that opponent on the April 29 date, even revealing the Ukrainian is reading Fury's biography as research.

"He's like in the mental state of a warrior who is planning to defeat his opponent on April 29. This is his mindset," the promoter said.

"He's enjoying his training camp. He's working hard, three times per day training, reading Tyson's book, maybe the second one already."

"Size never matters much," he added. "We expect him to become a historic person.

"Usyk is one of the biggest inspirations for Ukrainians."

Usyk's team though will not be imposing be imposing any further deadlines on Fury themselves, with Krassyuk saying: "The deadline has passed already three weeks ago so there are no deadlines anymore."

Fury himself responded promptly to Krassyuk's claims.

"You sausage," Fury said on social media. "You'll get what you're getting don't worry. You're the worst manager in history, you got your fighter to accept 30 per cent.

"You got outwitted by a man who never went to school in his life. Sausage. Keep talking, your boy's going to get smashed and he's going to be beltless like the other bum AJ."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...63945429&ei=24

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew - who was knocked out by Usyk in 2018 - claimed the Gypsy King's aggression will lead him to his first loss.

He told talkSPORT: “Tyson Fury’s style has changed over these last few years, ever since he went under the tutelage of SugarHill of the Kronk.

"His style has completely changed, he’s no longer this big awkward fighter, who uses his elusiveness as an advantage.

"He is now someone who is an aggressive counter puncher, he looks to hurt fighters and get rid of them.

"That change of style will play into Oleksandr Usyk’s hands, it really will, and I’m tipping Oleksandr Usyk to win.”

He said: “Oleksandr Usyk has sold himself well short.

“He’s bowed to every demand and I think it’s crazy that he’s done that, but it is what it is.

"He’s done it for the good of boxing and he’s done it for the bettering of his country and that’s the kind of man he is, I’ve faced him, I know all about him.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21713...t-tony-bellew/

Thread Information