Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Yep as a fan I'm just in denial (not far off former fan).

Just can't see how he's scared of fighting either Usyk or Joshua - unless he knows he's shot.

Let's await his next social media post

He is certainly a bit shop worn. Dodgy elbow, ankle and his stamina just isn't going to compete with someone like Usyk not waiting around to be hit. Not so much scared as thinking he can maintain what he thinks is a legacy with the least amount of risk. It is his lack of class in all this that stinks most. All this fighting man bullshit and wanting everyone to respect his 'mental health issues' and then treating Usyk as though he were a bum, calling him a buck tooth pussy and the cringy sight of him getting his entire camp/gym to join in. Especially when you see him crawl up Del boy's arse. Has to be a genuine uncertainty there. I know it was 10 years ago but Cunningham outboxed him before being sparked and Usyk is much better, bigger and durable than Cunningham.

Same with Joshua. Even with all his woodeness he is a decent boxer, and a great finisher, more than capable of stopping a less than 100% Fury.

Fury the guy who one minute does not consider himself English, and then the next minute he is tucking his England shirt into his old man trousers. What a muppet.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Former WBC champion Wilder, 37, has thrown his name into the hat for a mega-fight with the WBA, IBF and WBO champion.

His manager Shelly Finkel told Sky Sports: “If the Oleksandr Usyk fight is available, Deontay Wilder will take it in a heartbeat.”

Wilder is a promotional free agent currently and knocked out Robert Helenius, 38, in round one of his October comeback fight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21801...yk-tyson-fury/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is off Warren just said on the radio.

It was simply about the percentage of the rematch clause should Usyk win. He wanted more than 50% which is right since he was taking the lower figure for the first match and if he wins he should get the lions share.

Absolute shame.

"From our perspective, the undisputed heavyweight championship fight remains our highest priority," he added. "We will comply with our obligations with the mandatories and then work hard to make it happen. Whoever is the temporary holder of the WBC belt that is pending in Usyk's collection is not an issue. The issue is the belt and the unfortunate thing is at this moment, Tyson Fury holds it."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...fight-29525972

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The fight is off Warren just said on the radio.

It was simply about the percentage of the rematch clause should Usyk win. He wanted more than 50% which is right since he was taking the lower figure for the first match and if he wins he should get the lions share.

Absolute shame.

"From our perspective, the undisputed heavyweight championship fight remains our highest priority," he added. "We will comply with our obligations with the mandatories and then work hard to make it happen. Whoever is the temporary holder of the WBC belt that is pending in Usyk's collection is not an issue. The issue is the belt and the unfortunate thing is at this moment, Tyson Fury holds it."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...fight-29525972
    Fucking hell! Last week Fury didn’t even want a rematch clause. Now he wants the lions share if he loses.
    If this was Joshua, he would get absolutely vilified! Let’s see what they say about Fury. Quack quack.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A frustrated Fury took to Instagram on Thursday to say: "Uysk, you proper little s***bag, bog-eyed, gappy-teethed, ugly little rat b*****d

"You little slimy f****r.

"[You] tried all week to get out of it [the fight] begging for the rematch.

"You proper little s***bag, bog-eyed, gappy-teethed, ugly little rat b*****d.

"You tried all week to get to it, begging like a little girl. You got your rematch and you didn't even want to fight at that.

"You little s***house p***y.

"Always know, p***y, that you were never man enough to tangle with the Gypsy King ever in your life, you little s***thouse.

"You little 14-stone coward.

"You little s***bag, you rat little b*****d.

"Your full team know as well and all the lawyers have got [the] full information."

Usyk, 36, will probably now defend his titles against mandatory WBA title challenger Daniel Dubois in a fight Fury was quick to mock.

He added: "You little ugly b*****d, keep running. Fight Dubois at the Copper Box, s**t bag.

"And always know you, or anybody else like ya, could ever tangle with the Gypsy King."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21816...m-boxing-news/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrible look for Fury. He has only one belt and Usyk has the others, which really should put Usyk as the A side.

However, economics rule and Fury is the guy who would sell more tickets at a UK venue. So Usyk accepts 30%.

Anybody who is a reigning champ who accepts 30% really really wants the fight. Fair enough, were he to win, then there is no way he should swallow the short end of the purse in a rematch.

Then we have this classless rant on social media from Fury, and just silence from Usyk.

Only one guy is behaving professionally here, and it does seem Fury is a nightmare to deal with when agreeing fights.

The outcome is that it is Fury’s fault the fight has been binned
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

……. and only one of the two fighters has failed a drug test, showed no contrition, came out with a frankly laughable excuse that he had eaten a whole wild boar and then served a (too) short ban while he was inactive anyway.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    A frustrated Fury took to Instagram on Thursday to say: "Uysk, you proper little s***bag, bog-eyed, gappy-teethed, ugly little rat b*****d

"You little slimy f****r.

"[You] tried all week to get out of it [the fight] begging for the rematch.

"You proper little s***bag, bog-eyed, gappy-teethed, ugly little rat b*****d.

"You tried all week to get to it, begging like a little girl. You got your rematch and you didn't even want to fight at that.

"You little s***house p***y.

"Always know, p***y, that you were never man enough to tangle with the Gypsy King ever in your life, you little s***thouse.

"You little 14-stone coward.

"You little s***bag, you rat little b*****d.

"Your full team know as well and all the lawyers have got [the] full information."

Usyk, 36, will probably now defend his titles against mandatory WBA title challenger Daniel Dubois in a fight Fury was quick to mock.

He added: "You little ugly b*****d, keep running. Fight Dubois at the Copper Box, s**t bag.

"And always know you, or anybody else like ya, could ever tangle with the Gypsy King."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21816...m-boxing-news/

Just when you thought he could not possibly show any less class or respect.

Shameful and embarassing.

Bottled it big time.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's an old clip but I was wrong... He actually can get worse. "The heavyweight champion has to be from England or America".

What a f*cking moron.

https://www.givemesport.com/tyson-fu...=boxing-social
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So ducks

Haye
    Klitschko rematch
    Joshua
    Usyk

But trilogies with Wilder and Chisora?

Some legacy. 😁
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep I'm in agreement but just one thing that don't make sense to me in all this - he took on Wilder 3 times the most dangerous one out there for his style.....

Just can't get my head round that one.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It has now emerged Fury would have refused to pay the £1m donation to Ukraine which Usyk included as a caveat to his acceptance of the lopsided purse split. Promoter Frank Warren has said he or Alexander Krassyuk, who is in charge of the unified champion's career, would have instead paid the fee, with Fury opting not to get involved in politics.

"We dealt with that on the Sunday," Warren told IFL TV of the donation. "Tyson doesn't want to get into political situations, but I said 'I'll have a bet with [Krassyuk] and the loser puts the million in. So, no problem, we had dealt with it no problem and that was out of the way.

"The only outstanding issue was [the rematch clause].

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...b5df2291&ei=14

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury demanded that he received a 70 per cent lion's share of the prize pot for their first fight which was reluctantly accepted by Usyk on the understanding that the purse split would be reversed in the rematch if he won their inaugural encounter.

However, according to boxing insider Mike Coppinger, The Gypsy King refused to accept anything less than 50-50, leading Usyk's side to walk away from the deal.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...b5df2291&ei=27

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Yep I'm in agreement but just one thing that don't make sense to me in all this - he took on Wilder 3 times the most dangerous one out there for his style.....

Just can't get my head round that one.

Temporary dementia.

It's the only explanation I can think of.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury's coach SugarHill Steward has admitted he was not in Manchester to train Tyson Fury for his doomed undisputed heavyweight title fight with Oleksandr Usyk.

It now seems the famed Kronk Gym trainer was in fact in Manchester for his new fighter Lawrence Okolie's next cruiserweight title defence on Saturday, and not a Fury training camp. Okolie recently swapped Shane McGuigan for Steward, and was seen in the gym with Fury, leading fans to believe camp had begun for the heavyweight champion.

“Everybody forgot that I’m training Lawrence Okolie, and his fight is in Manchester,” Steward told iFL TV when asked about Tyson Fury's training. “My flight ticket leaves March 28. I want him to fight the best, and he wants to fight the best. Hey, it happens when it happens. We have no control over it."

And Steward insists that his trip was simply for Okolie, with Fury simply taking part in a few group training sessions. He even claims he never even held pads for the heavyweight champion, and that he only used Fury's gym as he feels comfortable in the surroundings.

"All we can do is sit and control things we have control over and wait and see what happens," he continued. "I don’t really care because I’m here, focused on Lawrence Okolie. That’s what I came [to the UK] for. I’m happy everyone is asking me at this time because I’m here for Lawrence. I’ve been in training camp with Lawrence the whole time.

“It just so happens that there have been negotiations and talks about the Fury vs Usyk fight. Then we come to Manchester, and we’re going to go use Tyson’s gym to train, which obviously that’s where I’m going to go because that’s like home for me, and I’m comfortable there.

“Then we come down here for fight week and to continue training and preparing for this fight. I’m like the perfect storm. ‘Oh, Sugar is here now. It’s time; it’s happening.’ I’m like, ‘Tyson knows what I’m here for.’ I’m here for Lawrence. Tyson was in the gym with us, but I didn’t train Tyson. “We didn’t do pads. We didn’t do anything like with Usyk. I’m training Lawrence."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...b5df2291&ei=71

Thread Information