0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I wouldn't even venture to guess as to what Usyk or any of these guys should do next.

One thing for sure is that the merry-go-round that is heavyweight talk, nego- (cough) "negotiations", posturing, and calling out of others... will put a glaze over anybody's eyes.

But let's look at the champ and top contenders (at least as far as The Ring is concerned), and see what they're saying today:

[B]Joshua has said he wants: Dillian Whyte (whom he knocked out in 2015), plus the fearsome Otto Wallin and the household name Filip Hrgovic. No mention of Wilder or Fury.[/B]

Usyk has said he wants Fury and then Wilder, although it is reported that instead of Wilder he would probably be forced to face a mandatory.

Wilder has said he wants: Fury (forget it, Deontay), Joshua, and Usyk.

Fury is off to face Chisora, who he's already beaten twice... is a retread... and has 12 losses to his record. After that it's anybody's guess.

Side note: Fury gets pissed off when his upcoming slaughter of Chisora is called a mismatch. Of course he does. Hell... Fury's got one foot out the door of boxing anyway.

So what does all of this mean, other than we'll probably never get the fights we want?

I like Usyk and Wilder's attitudes (other than Wilder wanting Fury again ). Let's go get it, and dispense with the nonsense.
    When did Joshua say he wants Whyte, Wallin or Hrgovic? I’ve seen Whyte mentioned just because he’s probably one of the biggest names that’s available.
    No mention of Fury? Fury offered him the fight, Joshua agreed to everything, Fury started putting deadlines in , the fight never got made. JOSHUA WAS THE ONLY BLAMELESS PERSON IN THE WHOLE FIASCO.
    No mention of Wilder? In the last 2 weeks, all I’ve heard from Hearn is that he’s been in contact with Finkel and Finkel is dragging his heels replying. And when he does , it’s very negative.
    We must read different sources I suppose.
    Heavyweight Anthony Joshua says he wants to fight 'good opponents' like Otto Wallin and Dillian Whyte

"I like fighting good opponents," Joshua told DAZN. "Yeah, I'll fight Otto. Yeah, I'll fight Dillian. I'll fight Hrgovic."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/li...adio_five_live
    Yeah, @TitoFan had already pointed out his source and I liked it .
    ok , he's said the names of the people who are available and who people are making out to be relevant in the division. he didn't mention :
    Fury - why would he? been there , done that , everyone knows who that fight not getting made is down to.
    Joyce - is Joyce available? if so, then yes that would be a good fight to make because he's flavour of the month at the minute.
    Wilder - It has been made clear SO MANY TIMES that they don't want the fight , and Eddie has been on record in the last couple of weeks saying he's contacted Shelley Finkel about the fight. Again, if they don't want it , they don't want it .
    My Burning question is , why is it ALWAYS down to AJ to make the fights , offer the purses, yadda yadda yadda ? He's not even a World Champion ffs.
    If Joshua had made a fight with Chisora , or someone of his level , even though he's not World Champ, he would've been completely ridiculed, and rightly so!
    but someone else gets away with it................

You make some good points. It SHOULDN'T be only up to Joshua to make the big fights. Again... I'm not dumping on Joshua. Why indeed... would he mention Fury? Fury is only the most unpredictable fighter on the planet in terms of what he's going to do next. In fact, I'm convinced Fury enjoys toying with the fans and the media. He likes to keep 'em guessing. About the only thing I give Fury credit for is stepping into the middle of the Wilder-Joshua negotiations back then, and fighting Wilder himself.

I think our only point of disagreement is on Joshua and Wilder. Not that I can claim any inside information any more than the next guy... but I would have to genuinely ask why on Earth would Wilder "duck" Joshua, if that's what's being implied. Wilder thus far hasn't shown he's the "ducking" type. Not saying Joshua is either, but for some reason that fight hasn't happened yet, and to me... that's the white elephant in the room. It would be a hell of a fight, regardless of the fact that both have already suffered knockout losses.

I'm not a Wilder fan per se... but I do stick up for the guy when he continues to get dumped on. Sure... he started his career with a conga line of bums. Sure... his technique has always left a lot to be desired. Sure... he (used to) talk a lot of shit about dead bodies and crap like that. But he's gradually changed a lot of these things (opponents have gotten better... he's made an honest effort to improve his techniques... he's a little more quiet nowadays). He tried Fury three times and failed. Give him credit for that. Fury's not easy for anybody.

In a nutshell. Wilder's lost twice to Fury. Joshua's lost twice to Usyk. I say, hell... let's just get it on.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the ibf has ordered filip hrgovic for oleksandr
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury's plans to fight Oleksandr Usyk have been thrown into disarray after Filip Hrgovic's team announced that he will challenge the Ukrainian next.

Fury had hoped to finalise an undisputed world heavyweight title fight early in 2023, but the IBF have ordered Usyk to make a mandatory title defence against Hrgovic, according to the Croatian's promoter Kalle Sauerland.

Hrgovic climbed off the canvas to defeat Zhilei Zhang on points in a final IBF title eliminator on the undercard of Usyk's rematch win over Anthony Joshua in August.

Sauerland tweeted: "CONFIRMED: El Animal @Filip_Hrgovic is next for @usykaa for the Heavyweight Championship - by official order of the @IBFUSBAboxing. Let's get the show on the road."

Usyk confirmed this month that he was holding talks about defending his WBA, IBF and WBO titles against WBC champion Fury.

The British star is currently preparing for a WBC title defence against Derek Chisora on December 3.

"Right now my team is seeking conversations with Tyson Fury, and he is really an unpredictable person, so we can't guarantee when," Usyk had said.

"For me, the idea would be to fight maybe early February or the beginning of March, like March 4, because I am an orthodox Christian.

"During the great fasting before Easter I do not fight, so it should be all before or then after orthodox Easter (April 16).

"I want to fight with Fury because I need the fourth belt, and I don't want to fight with anyone else until I have the fourth belt."

Fury's US promoter, Bob Arum, had also told Sky Sports that he intended to reach an agreement for an Usyk fight.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...bdac448a3eb310
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lightning does strike twice. This is exactly the situation Fury was in which fucked the Wlad rematch.

I know a lot of people are crying about it, but at the end of the day Hearn has a job to do. And that job is to get Joshua a fight against the winner of Hergovic Ruiz for the title Hergovic a shot at the title.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Krassyuk insists that Usyk won't have to make that decision and will instead box Fury next with all-four belts on the line.

"At this stage, I can anticipate that it will not influence the undisputed anyhow," he told Sky Sports. "We expect his next fight to be for the undisputed so most likely it will take place in the Middle East."

Usyk was in preliminary discussions with Fury's US promoter Bob Arum for a date around February or March next year. Arum revealed that talks had been positive but that he wouldn't be securing a date until after Fury's next fight against Derek Chisora on December 3.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...18199887cc70d3

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's no wonder the ibf always have 'vacant' literally ranked in the top 5 in most divisions . They just don't want the wbc having all the shine after ordering a buffet of matches. But I think this goes the way a few of the ones ordered go and that's by the wayside. Be it by strip-vacate or step aside clearing the way for Fury. If he doesn't retire 24 times by next spring.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever Usyk does, I sure as hell hope it doesn't involve Canelo. STOP giving this guy so much unwarranted importance. We already saw how he fared against Bivol. 'Nough said. Let Canelo concentrate on the white elephant in the 168-pound room... namely Benavidez. Usyk has fared well as a heavyweight. Let him continue his campaign undistracted.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sulaiman told Sky Sports: "There has been real interest in having Fury against Usyk take place, that would be a great possibility and then the winner would have to fight the WBC mandatory once that is confirmed."

"The WBC has been extremely supportive of unification bouts," Sulaiman explained.

"We supported back then Wilder against Joshua, it didn't happen. Then we supported when the time could be for Fury against Joshua again and then we support Fury against Usyk.

"If it happens it will be a tremendous fight for the world and the WBC is supportive of that as long as the rights of the mandatory contender are not infringed. So the timing right now looks very good for that to happen."

"We did a tournament with Ruiz fighting [Luis] Ortiz, Ruiz won, with Wilder fighting [Robert] Helenius, Wilder won. Now they will both meet to determine the mandatory contender of the WBC heavyweight division," Sulaiman said.

"It's a very promising and a very interesting scenario in the heavyweights with so many fights that can be done."

It means that should Wilder win, he would put himself on course for a fourth fight with Fury.

"Wilder, he was world champion of the WBC for five years, very dominating. He has the highest knockout percentage, his last outing was very impressive with a one-punch knockout, a dramatic punch," Sulaiman said.

"Ruiz has a great following. He made the world stage when he defeated Joshua by knockout and he's a fighter that you can never rule out.

"So that fight should prove to be a great, great match and then a very solid mandatory contender for the WBC."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f693f4bf9eddd0

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Usyk vs Joyce could be a massively fun fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by donnydarkoIRL View Post
    I think Usyk vs Joyce could be a massively fun fight.
    Agreed and I may be in the minority but think Joyce can beat Usyk over 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk revealed the advice former Ukrainian world champions Wladimir and Vitali have given him ahead of his clash with Fury.

"I have been talking to both of them, of course," Usyk said of the legendary siblings. "Wladimir supports me with advice about the sport and the techniques and Vitali supports me with advice about life and the sport, of course. I listen to it carefully and I decide what to use. Me and my team determine the strategy.”

"I've been coming for Fury for a long time and we've been watching him since he's fought as an amateur and later a professional. Since when I fought at cruiserweight, I've been watching him," Usyk added.

"Fury is hurling insults at me, but I know what to do in the ring. If I pay attention to anybody who's trying to offend me, I will feed my anger. Rage doesn't help when fighting, it just worsens the condition.

"I'm motivated by the opportunity to fight this giant. Though there are some people who are not so optimistic in my chances, it has no matter for me. I'm doing my job. I choose my way as a samurai does. The way consists of many objectives, but the essence is your way that you have to make."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-fury-28757071

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TYSON FURY claimed he will earn DOUBLE the money to fight Oleksandr Usyk than he would get against Anthony Joshua.

He told iFL TV: "That's the bigger fight, in terms of money, 100 per cent, probably double the amount.

"I'll earn double the amount from Usyk than I will from the other sausage.

"If it was going to happen it would have happened in December, 100 per cent.

"I'm looking to fight Usyk, Joshua's nemesis, the man who's got AJ's kryptonite, who made him cry after the fight like a little girl. 'I'm 18 stone', so? I'm 20 stone. I'll beat him.

"I'll take that little sausage out, he ain't got no kryptonite to me, he's f*** all to me. He's a little f***er, and I'm going to make him dance.

"We'll see how good he is, I'll show you how a proper, proper Englishman does to a little mush when I get him in there, get up!"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20812...nthony-joshua/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Arum, 91, who has promoted Fury since 2019, has now insisted Fury and Usyk are on a collision course to fight in the coming months.

He said: "The two fighters have agreed to fight each other next.

"With Fury and Usyk we're dealing with two adults, not a lot of [rubbish] back and forth.

"Usyk is a good friend of mine, he's very intelligent and Tyson is Superman, both as an athlete and as an intellect.

"So they want the fight. Both of them want the fight and so there'll be very little, if any, [messing] around.

"So we'll be able to make that happen. I'm very, very confident.

"As I said the fighters have both agreed to fight each other next without any interim fights."

"Now the question is what's the date and what's the site. But that fight is definitely going to happen and it will happen in the first four months of next year.

"We are balancing a couple of significant offers from the Mid East and also there's the possibility of doing the fight in the UK at Wembley [stadium] with a massive 95,000 crowd in attendance.

"Fighters have a relatively short life and money is important.

"So if the money which has been proposed to us is real that has to be taken into consideration.

"To go back to Wembley and do a fight before 95,000 people for me really stirs up the blood. It would be crazy. It would just be wonderful."

He then finished: "We'll have it all sorted out. I hope maybe by the end of the year."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20820...ht-undisputed/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum is 91? Don King must be about that age too. Let's let those two go at it for a three rounder

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury’s UK co-promoter Warren told talkSPORT Drive: “Both fighters absolutely want it.

“The managers and promoters all want it, so we’re just getting it together and working out where we’re gonna put it on – that’s really the situation.

“It’s gotta go on by March and so we’ve gotta all move quickly so over the next couple of weeks we will or we won’t get it sorted out.

“But everybody wants to do the fight, absolutely want to do it.”

Talk then turned to PPV (pay-per-view) price as Warren was asked how this is determined.

There was a fair amount of controversy when Fury’s last outing against Derek Chisora matched the UK record at £27.95 on BT Sport.

This price had only ever been seen previously for Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Usyk a few months prior.

“It depends what the structure of the deal is,” Warren explained.

“If they [the broadcaster] put up some sort of guarantees, then they’re looking to recover their guarantees, which will determine the price.

“If there isn’t a guarantee and it’s done on a share basis, then again that determines what the price will be.”

Regarding whether a potential Fury vs Usyk fight would see the price increase further, Warren said: “Oh yeah. With the four belts on the line – without discussing it with anyone, yeah, I’m sure the price will go up.

“The same as if Tyson would have fought Anthony Joshua, the price would go up. They are the two big money fights.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...nthony-joshua/

Thread Information