Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What should Usyk do next?

Oleksandr Usyk wants 'three more fights' before retiring, including heavyweight unification bout with Tyson Fury.

Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk says he wants "three more fights" before retiring, including a heavyweight unification bout with Britain's Tyson Fury.

Usyk, 35, retained his WBA (Super), WBO and IBF titles against Anthony Joshua last month while Fury has the WBC belt.

He also wants a lucrative "freak" fight with super-middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez before ending his career at Kyiv's Olimpiyskiy Stadium.

"I only need to beat Fury and then it is time to retire for me," he said.

Usyk called out Fury after beating Joshua for a second time before Fury's promoter Frank Warren said the fight "will be made".

But earlier this month Fury, 34, offered Joshua the chance to fight for his title later this year and the 32-year-old has now "accepted all terms" for an all-British bout on 3 December.

"The unification of all the belts is much more important than just a fight or another defence," Usyk said in an interview on his YouTube page.

"I want to outbox Fury and I don't want to work that much just for another defence. There's much more than that and I can achieve it."

'Canelo' Alvarez claimed a dominant points win over Gennady Golovkin last weekend to settle their trilogy with a second win for the Mexican, 32, after a controversial draw in his first bout with the Kazakh.

"I can have three more fights at the very most," Usyk added.

"It is the most realistic to be in my top form. With Fury, Canelo and a farewell fight at Olimpiyskiy.

"With Canelo he said that he wanted to fight me. It would be a freak fight just for the sake of earning money."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63004625
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

Fight Andy Ruiz.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Fight Andy Ruiz.
    I agree 100%. No way his team let's him fight Ruiz or Wilder. He will wait on Fury rather then fight someone who's good.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Fight Andy Ruiz.
    I agree 100%. No way his team let's him fight Ruiz or Wilder. He will wait on Fury rather then fight someone who's good.
    Ruiz and Wilder are shit, the got beat by AJ and Fury respectively.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua's sparring partner Frazer Clarke has backed Joe Joyce to beat WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk following his brilliant 11th round KO win over Joseph Parker.

The win means Joyce is now the WBO interim heavyweight champion and mandatory challenger for Usyk and the 37-year-old made it clear that is the fight he wants next. "Usyk, let's get it on," said Joyce in his post-fight speech.

And Clarke believes Joyce has what it takes to beat Usyk, telling iD Boxing: "You know what? I'm going to regret this. I think he beats Usyk you know.

"I think he does. Usyk would do a little bit better than Parker because he's a bit more cuter. But 12 rounds I think Joyce beats him now, I really do.

"I think he loses a lot of rounds, I think he loses a lot of rounds, but I think it'd be similar to that. Everyone slows down, no matter how good you are, if you're a heavyweight you slow down.

"Even the man over there Fury, he does so much moving and he slows down, it's just the way it goes. We're big men. So yeah, big up Joe Joyce, over the moon for him."

Joyce faced Usyk in an amateur bout at York Hall in 2013 and was outpointed by the Ukrainian. However, the Juggernaut is confident he has improved enough to beat Usyk if the pair were to fight again now.

"I think if it had gone a few more rounds I think I could have done something in the fight," Joyce told the Mirror when asked about the 2013 fight. "I was landing shots and I was well in the fight but he was just a bit more slick and cute with his shots.

"I also feel like I could have had better preparation with southpaw sparring and things leading up to the fight, but we have both come a long way. And I feel with Ismael Salas coming up with the game plan and setting the techniques for me to work on, I think he can come up with something for me to beat Usyk now."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...01af8b647e6114

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk has declared that he is open to fighting Joe Joyce but only after he has squared off with Tyson Fury. The Juggernaut called out Usyk following his eleventh-round stoppage victory over Joseph Parker on Saturday night.

With that win, he has secured his mandatory status for Usyk's WBO title and could be next in line to face the former undisputed cruiserweight champion. The Ukrainian can be ordered to face Joyce at any time by the sanctioning body but is set on getting the undisputed clash with Fury over the line first.

Talking about the possibility of facing Joyce, Usyk told Parimatch: "I can probably do it. But after Fury."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...01af8b647e6114

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk has revealed that he would be open to a third clash but only if it is staged in the Olympic Stadium in Kyiv. “If Fury doesn’t agree I think we could try to have another fight," Usyk told Parimatch when discussing a potential third fight with Joshua.

We already had a match in London and in Saudi Arabia as well, so the next one could be at the Olympic Stadium in Kyiv. He has powerful potential for his development, but he just needs to get rid of people who prevent him progressing. These extra people around him who want to give the best piece of advice, who all want to share his success, he just doesn’t need them. He has to think about his team. But above all he is such a great guy and I wish him good luck.”

And Usyk believes that Joshua struggled to defeat him due to his "one-punch" gameplan, which left the Ukrainian able to regain control in the final rounds. "He was really well-trained," Usyk said. "But for some reason he focused on delivering one heavy punch.

"During the ninth round he had successful combinations and I admit I didn't manage to dodge some of them. Yes, he was better prepared for the rematch if we compare it with the first bout."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-news-28090430

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oleksandr should fight the juggernaut. tyson looks like he's on the coke again
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    I think Usyk will want to face someone easier like the US fighters Wilder or Ruiz. Especially since he said he wanted to face Canelo.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Usyk will want to face someone easier like the US fighters Wilder or Ruiz. Especially since he said he wanted to face Canelo.
    i also think deontay & andy are easier for oleksandr than juggernaut joe & deontay is probably the bigger fight. i just think joe is the bigger challenge
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hanging onto little sound bites like “wanting to fight Canelo” to try to discredit Usyk. He said he wanted Fury first and then Canelo would be for shits,giggles and money. He wanted to clean out the division first and take care of business.
    What’s your hero Fury’s reason for bottling Joshua and wanting to fight Charr?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder has made a bizarre attempt to call out three of the top heavyweight boxers.

The American, who hasn't fought since back-to-back defeats to Tyson Fury, has targeted Fury, Antony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk after claiming he is still a 'big fish' in the division.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Wilder said he expects to fight Fury a fourth time, challenged Oleksandr Usyk to offer him a title shot and criticised Joshua's stamina.

'I think that there's definitely a chance of a fourth fight [with Fury],' he said. 'Boxing is a business. Many people call it a sport but it's not a sport.

'The heavyweight division is very small. I'm still a big fish in the business, especially here in America. As long as we're all in the same division and all still currently fighting, why not? It only can lead to that. With all that being said, it's definitely a possibility.'

'I just think Joshua was very cautious in what he did as far as exchanging punches [with Usyk],' Wilder said. 'I always forever said it, as I see it he has a big stamina problem.

'I think if he can correct that, you will see a different Joshua. You won't see one that's so hesitant to throw punches and do things especially when he was close to getting him [Usyk] out of there.

'I think he was just a little fearful of running out of gas too quick and too fast and he held back a little bit.'

The heavyweight champion has however since made it clear he has no intention of fighting Wilder, claiming he wants to face Fury and Canelo Alvarez before retiring in his home country.

'I hold Usyk to be a man of his word,' Wilder said.

'If Usyk's saying he wants to give me an opportunity for the titles then that's what I'm holding his word to.

'I always tell people that I don't look past fighters but I do look through them, there's nothing wrong with that, being confident in yourself and looking ahead.'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...345f174e1b3abf

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Hanging onto little sound bites like “wanting to fight Canelo” to try to discredit Usyk. He said he wanted Fury first and then Canelo would be for shits,giggles and money. He wanted to clean out the division first and take care of business.
    I was actually discrediting the US fighters not Usyk.

Fury offered AJ the contest after Usyk said he would not be ready to fight. He is the next best available contender. If it is not agreed then both are to blame.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I was actually discrediting the US fighters not Usyk.

Fury offered AJ the contest after Usyk said he would not be ready to fight. He is the next best available contender. If it is not agreed then both are to blame.
    Joshua has no blame whatsoever. All he has said was he accepts. He hasn’t shouted his mouth off and if Fury, the promoters and the TV companies can’t sort it , that’s not on AJ.
    It’s on Fury because he was the one saying HE Was offering AJ the opportunity.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information