Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Denzel Bentley v Janibek Alimkhanuly

Denzel Bentley will fight WBO middleweight champion Janibek Alimkhanuly on 12 November in Las Vegas.

The two-time British champion is the first to challenge the unbeaten Kazakhstan fighter for the world title.

"It is a fight I can win. I said yes straight away," said Bentley, 27.

"Why not go out there and enjoy the theatrics of Las Vegas and come back with a world title?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63125092
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Denzel Bentley v Janibek Alimkhanuly

Discovered Janibek late but really have high hopes for him. This should have been Andrade but he promptly tucked his feathers into his back pocket and ran for the hills when it was ordered. More like a showcase headliner this one and everyone at 160 is still acting like a first school dance where no one wants to actually 'dance'. Hope Denzel can ask some real questions but if he makes it over the halfway point it's a plus.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to this. A shame all the ducks lined up to avoid Janibek but should be good show. Seniesa Estrada co main ? always exciting.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think zhanibek is the new king of one sixty. denzel is getting knocked out
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i think zhanibek is the new king of one sixty. denzel is getting knocked out
    You are probably right but I am supporting Bentley and hope he does himself proud with no regrets.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TOP SHELF I stacked shelves in Sainsbury’s three years ago… now I’m heading to US to fight for world title to fulfil my dream

DENZEL BENTLEY is giving bravery and betting tips to the rest of British boxing with his latest longshot mission.

With Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua topping the list of massive fights fans are NOT getting to see - as stars protect their brands, egos and records - the Battersea middleweight is throwing himself in the deepest end again.

On Saturday night the 27-year-old meets the 11st 7lbs boogieman and unbeaten WBO world champion Zhanibek Alimkhanuly in Las Vegas.

The Khazak is both an awkward southpaw and a KO artist who has won 8 of his 12 fights via knockout and nobody in the big-money division is calling out the 29-year-old celebrated amateur.

But the 10-1 underdog - who was funding his own boxing career with shelf-stacking shifts at Sainsburys just three years ago - is backing himself, in the gambling goldmine, as always.

“The fact that I am willing to take these sorts of risks is testament to my hard work and character," he said. "It’s what dreams are made of, I am happy and excited about it.

“Of course I believe I can beat him, 100 per cent. I wouldn’t take the fight if I didn’t think I could win.

“This is a voluntary defence for him, it’s not like I have petitioned or managed my way into this fight and am running scared.

“He is a very good fighter but I think I can pull it off.

“The bookies don’t fancy me but I am always the underdog in big fights, it just means more winnings for the boys who do back me.”

Bentley won the British title in just his third year as a professional but was bludgeoned inside just three rounds in his next fight with Felix Cash in April 2021.

It was a make-or-break moment in the Peacock Gym star’s career and sparked a three-win run that helped him regain the British title.

Now Bentley reckons the punishing defeat might have prepared him for this dream world title shot better than any of his 17 wins.

“I have always had faith in myself but everyone has their own doubts,” he said. “But that is why I kept taking risks.

“I took the British title fight when I was still a new prospect, then I took the Felix Cash fight and I came up short.

“That was a bad loss and the biggest lesson I took from it was knowing I never want to feel like that again.

“It was not a gruelling close decision, it was a bad loss and I am the first to say it.

“I had to realise this game is not that easy. If I think I am a world-level fighter I cannot be losing like that.

“I always believe I can beat these guys but I just need to take the risks to find out if I am at that level. This fight now is a dream come true.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20397...t-world-title/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somehow chick Straw weights in co main, and I'm totally fine with it all things considered today . Go chase Floyd fighting Kung-Fu panda on PPV and Hatton and Barrera sharing a pint. Estrada is a complete fighter.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fernando's youngest son emiliano vargas is also on the card making his top rank debut
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought I missed whole undercard but 4 more fights . Masters of stretching these cards out now .

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got some low level Canadian card on dazn...i should probably support the Canucks, it's pretty low level.. hopefully it ends before this main event.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fernando Vargas out here dressed like Santa Claus. But always the warrior. Kid has the upper body of a 22 yr old . Nice little ko

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh this Canadian is the undefeated reigning IBA Intercontinental champion....errrr ok. The ring announcer made it sound pretty impressive though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Muratalla having some target practice over 4. Great poise and punch selection.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there a feral cat stuck under a chair . Why can you sit in a paid crowd and scream like that. The whole fight so far

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stoppage there. Muratalla has the goods. Bradley needs a muzzle, or a nap. Tears down Janibek in initial intro piece and sitting here pumping up Mayweather circus ppv.

Thread Information