Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury Vs Chisora 3 - December 2022

Agreed can't see how they'll sell this fight at all.

Surely even a casual boxing fan won't buy this or attend.

Let's hope it flops
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it sells out then that just shows you we know fuck all

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the span of a year I've lost any respect for Fury I managed to arrive at post Wilder III, and even that was largely dismissed as unneeded and unnecessary. He's a talented con man and boisterous carnival barker at this point. Manufactured cash grabs like this are EXACTLY why Jake Paul and reality "stars" are exploiting boxings failures and voids right now.

The only trilogy and actual competitive fight on Dec.3rd is Chololatito Gonzalez vs Juan Estrada III.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    It’s happening!

The most anticipated fight of the century!

This is why this is the toughest era in all of boxing when you have 50/50 fights like these!

Chisora has definitely earned his shot with “only” 12 losses and the best option out of all the heavyweights today including Joyce or Ruiz.

If Fury is successful over Chisora, there is serious discussion of a rematch against Kevin Johnson.

Love it.

If you ever lose your day job, there's a spot as boxing promoter waiting for you.

My only beef is that you failed to mention the possibility of luring Pianeta out of retirement for his rematch.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    If it sells out then that just shows you we know fuck all
    Nah , if it sells out, it means THE FANS know fuck all.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heavyweight champion Daniel Dubois will fight Kevin Lerena on the undercard to Tyson Fury vs Derek Chisora 3 in December.

Dubois will be defending his WBA (Regular) title for the first time since knocking out Trevor Bryan to claim the belt earlier this year.

The fight has been confirmed as part of the undercard to Fury’s trilogy bout against Chisora in London.

Dynamite has only lost one fight in his professional career, losing to Joe Joyce in November 2020, while his South African opponent is unbeaten in eight years and boasts a record of 28 wins and one loss.

Since his defeat to Joyce two years ago, Dubois has bounced back to win all of his three fights and will now look to defend his championship.

This 12-round heavyweight clash is taking place on Saturday, December 3.

It will be held at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.

Start times and ringwalks will be confirmed closer to the night but fans can expect the undercard to get underway from 5pm with the main event at around 10pm.

Dubois vs Lerena will be the chief support and should get going at 9pm.

Promoter Frank Warren: “I am thrilled to be delivering a Tyson Fury world title defence in front of the British fans in London.

“I am also delighted that we have added Daniel Dubois to the card with a first defence of his WBA belt against Kevin Lerena.

“It makes it a real heavyweight night, and Daniel represents the best of the new generation coming through.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...derek-chisora/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    It’s happening!

The most anticipated fight of the century!

This is why this is the toughest era in all of boxing when you have 50/50 fights like these!

Chisora has definitely earned his shot with “only” 12 losses and the best option out of all the heavyweights today including Joyce or Ruiz.

If Fury is successful over Chisora, there is serious discussion of a rematch against Kevin Johnson.

Love it.

If you ever lose your day job, there's a spot as boxing promoter waiting for you.

My only beef is that you failed to mention the possibility of luring Pianeta out of retirement for his rematch.
    Fury better fight Usyk after this!!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk has said Tyson Fury’s decision to fight Derek Chisora for a third time “makes me laugh”.

Usyk was ringside at Vasyl Lomachenko’s fight against Jamaine Ortiz on Saturday, and when asked about Fury’s decision to fight Chisora again, the 35-year-old told ESPN: “At this moment, it kind of makes me laugh.

“Why is he doing this? I think we already agreed to a fight with him, and now he’s running and saying I don’t want to fight him.

“I know that [he is scared of me].”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...3ff7b504058ca0

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Oleksandr Usyk has said Tyson Fury’s decision to fight Derek Chisora for a third time “makes me laugh”.

Usyk was ringside at Vasyl Lomachenko’s fight against Jamaine Ortiz on Saturday, and when asked about Fury’s decision to fight Chisora again, the 35-year-old told ESPN: “At this moment, it kind of makes me laugh.

“Why is he doing this? I think we already agreed to a fight with him, and now he’s running and saying I don’t want to fight him.

I don't know if Fury is scared of Usyk. But he's always been a bit unhinged.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I don't know if Fury is scared of Usyk. But he's always been a bit unhinged.
    I think Usyk is being deliberately provocative to get Fury to fight him next. Only way for him to get the unification fight which I am sure Fury is desperate to secure himself. It will happen early next year but Usyk sounding out Wilder is just in case it does not happen. Smart moves from Usyk.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has this thing really sold 60,000 seats already ??

Can't believe I'm saying this but really going off Fury - did you see him with True Geordie on youtube who only said what the rest of us are thinking. What a prick.

Watch the last 3 or so minutes for Tyson laying into him.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t even think Fury was that angry. He’s just putting on a show as always.
    Best part was when the Geordie guy said “have you worked out how to switch that phone off yet as Fury was trying to coolly cut him off but was fumbling around like a dick.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well whatever he's doing it's putting me off him

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barry McGuigan says Tyson Fury needs to beat Oleksandr Usyk to cement his legacy

“Tyson Fury is a proven world champion, but if he wants his record to stack up alongside the greats he has to make the big fights happen."

“Muhammad Ali’s record includes wins over a raft of legendary opponents including Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Ernie Terrell, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Ken Norton, Ron Lyle and Earnie Shavers."

“Fury has fought only two opponents of real significance, Wladimir Klitschko and Deontay Wilder."

“The Wilder trilogy was fantastic but not enough to secure a legacy that ranks alongside that other British great Lennox Lewis, for example.

“Take Wilder out of it and Fury’s record since deposing Klitschko seven years ago does not bear scrutiny.”

“Fighting Derek Chisora is below the required standard.

“There is very little risk in this fight.

“Fury is just filling a date in the calendar.

“He should be fighting the best, not going over old ground against an opponent he has already outclassed twice.

“Fury’s path to a higher elevation in the pantheon is clear. There has to be jeopardy in the contest. This means sharing a ring with the Usyks and Joshuas of this parish not the Chisoras.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...af54471dbd5799

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When asked if he will retire should he overcome the odds and defeat Fury on fight night, Chisora told iD Boxing: "I don't know, it's like getting with the hottest chick and you go to a hotel room and you bust a nut. Should you carry on? Or should you pack your bags and go? You carry on for more rounds until you can't do it anymore, that's it."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f693f4bf9eddd0

Thread Information