Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dillian Whyte v Jermaine Franklin

Jermaine Franklin’s promoter Dmitriy Salita has stated that his man is now ‘very close’ to completing a deal to fight Dillian Whyte next.

The unbeaten American heavyweight was previously named by Eddie Hearn as a potential opponent for Whyte as they continue to plan for his return on November 26.

This will be the 34-year-old’s first fight back since his defeat to Tyson Fury in April.

Franklin is 21-0 (14 KOs), though yet to face anyone of significance in his career to help gauge his true level.

Salita told Lord Ping: “We are very close to finalising a deal for Jermaine Franklin to face Dillian Whyte in London on November 26 on DAZN.

“If you have not heard of Jermaine Franklin you’re about to discover a fighter who is destined for big things.

“We have a future heavyweight champion on our hands.

“Jermaine is young, hungry, skilled and has waited patiently for his opportunity.

“I believe there is no better opponent for him to face than Whyte at this stage of his career.

“We respect Whyte, he’s experienced and his left hook is one of the best in the business.

“He’s also in the last chance saloon, so that makes him dangerous.

“But Franklin, I believe, will come to the UK as the hungrier, fresher man and that’ll be the difference on the night.

“With Whyte towards the end of his career, this will be a real changing of the guard fight, as the heavyweight division ushers in a future star.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...in-tyson-fury/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Jermaine Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Jermaine Franklin’s promoter Dmitriy Salita has stated that his man is now ‘very close’ to completing a deal to fight Dillian Whyte next.

The unbeaten American heavyweight was previously named by Eddie Hearn as a potential opponent for Whyte as they continue to plan for his return on November 26.

This will be the 34-year-old’s first fight back since his defeat to Tyson Fury in April.

Franklin is 21-0 (14 KOs), though yet to face anyone of significance in his career to help gauge his true level.

Salita told Lord Ping: “We are very close to finalising a deal for Jermaine Franklin to face Dillian Whyte in London on November 26 on DAZN.

“If you have not heard of Jermaine Franklin you’re about to discover a fighter who is destined for big things.

“We have a future heavyweight champion on our hands.

“Jermaine is young, hungry, skilled and has waited patiently for his opportunity.

“I believe there is no better opponent for him to face than Whyte at this stage of his career.

“We respect Whyte, he’s experienced and his left hook is one of the best in the business.

“He’s also in the last chance saloon, so that makes him dangerous.

“But Franklin, I believe, will come to the UK as the hungrier, fresher man and that’ll be the difference on the night.

“With Whyte towards the end of his career, this will be a real changing of the guard fight, as the heavyweight division ushers in a future star.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...in-tyson-fury/
    This same story has been going on forever. Apparently he “signed a contract to fight Whyte back in September’21.
    We’ll see.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 280 lbs in his last and only fight in 3 years Franklin is definitely hungry. In fairness no idea where he is in training. Whyte has questions too. He appears to be just wheeling down the other side of his career. But unless he comes in the size of a Carnival cruise ship and completely shot to bits, he'll get the temporary bounce back he needs.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DILLIAN WHYTE is so hellbent on settling the score with Anthony Joshua that he's willing to fight him on the cheap.

A rematch between the British rivals - who first fought in the amateurs all the way back in 2009 - has been mooted for early 2023.

Revenge has been on Whyte's mind ever since he lost their professional domestic dust-up seven years ago, so much so that he'd forego his usual purse demands to get his hands on the Watford warrior again.

The Brixton Body Snatcher told DAZN: "I'll fight Joshua tomorrow. I'll fight him for less money.

"Whenever me and him fight, sparks fly. We just want to beat each other up."

Whyte doesn't foresee his rivalry with the former two-time unified heavyweight champion ever dying.

-ADVERTISEMENT-

He said: "I'll fight Joshua even when I'm 60. It's a fight that will make you me faster, diet better, and make me go to bed at 7 o'clock every day."

Before Whyte can think about levelling his series with Joshua, he must first get through a tricky tussle with Jermaine Franklin next weekend.

He said of the American: " He's the best opponent at the minute. He's 22-0.

"It's very hard to defeat someone that is undefeated.

"He doesn't know how to lose. For me, it's going to be an exciting fight.

"He's very confident. He says he's going to knock me out and give me a rematch.

"A lot of people underestimate me.

"When they're actually in there with me, then it's too late."

Whyte's clash with Franklin will be his first outing since his brutal knockout loss to Tyson Fury in April.

And coming up short in his long-awaited crack at a world title was a wake-up call for Whyte.

He admitted: "Coming off a loss is a good time to reassess and question things and try and improve a few things.

"Me and my team felt these changes were needed.

"My record showed that I fought one dangerous guy are another. I fought guys that no one else wanted to fight."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20486...trilogy-fight/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Haye doubts whether Dillian Whyte can become world champion after his defeat by Tyson Fury.

"Someone who last two of his last three by knockout. It is hard to say then that this person is going to go and win a world title.

"Particularly with his age when he is now in his mid 30's."

"His confidence is at an all-time low so I think it is a good time for Dillian to be getting back in the game and taking on unbeaten guys like this. Whenever you fight someone who hasn't lost before, the blueprint to beat them is not quite there so you need to do something you haven't before. But believe you me Jermaine Franklin will have the confidence coming in to this fight watching Dillian Whyte's two KO defeats against Fury and Povetkin."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...af54471dbd5799

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury delivers Dillian Whyte vs Franklin verdict

"Jermaine's a good fighter, but he's like a lot of other American heavyweights in that he's lazy," he told Sporting News. "He works hard, he trains hard, he's being pushed by his trainer and his nutritionist - they're all pushing him to the brink. But if you unleash me in a gym, you don't need to push me to work hard because I'm going to give you 250 percent every single time.

"When Franklin opens up, he's a very talented lad. He puts his punches in bunches, very quick, and he's a strong man - about 6-foot-2 and 255 pounds. As soon as he came into camp with me, he was already doing eight rounds [sparring]. It's just to beat someone like Dillian Whyte, it's got to be the be-all and end-all of your life. It's got to be your number one concern. It's not about money and all the rest of it, it's about 'do or die.' You shouldn't need to be encouraged."

He added: "I don't think it's a mismatch, it's just that Dillian Whyte is a good fighter. He's a top-five, top-six-rated heavyweight, even though he has been in a lot of tough fights. Franklin is definitely the fresher fighter, so if he gets busy with the punches, puts a good work rate in, and moves his head, then I think it could be a difficult night for Dillian."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...af54471dbd5799

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte adds spice to Jermaine Franklin rivalry by wearing England kit to weigh-in

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If not for the major inactivity I'd throw a few tokens at Franklin for the early shocker. Did not realize Whyte had McGirt with him. Two UK cards early afternoon over here. Looks like it'll be a half day at work

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    If not for the major inactivity I'd throw a few tokens at Franklin for the early shocker. Did not realize Whyte had McGirt with him. Two UK cards early afternoon over here. Looks like it'll be a half day at work
    The networks have all colluded to put on fights this weekend when they should have done them over the last few weeks over the you tubers and Floyd wanker cunt. Hate when they do this.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World cup over for the day, this card is nearly over, Gorman v some undefeated guy I have not heard of and then it's whyte v Franklin who I have never seen...whyte has been looking pretty slow recently, let's see if he can make any changes to improve his game.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gorman blowing in the wind like a giant palm. Thought he was going over the ropes!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fabio wardley v nathan gorman. gave the first to nathan
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wardley is pretty powerful, he had a bit of a tough time in the first round but it looks like wardleys power is going to win out.

Thread Information