Deontay Wilder vs Andy Ruiz Jr set to be ordered as final WBC eliminator to determine next Tyson Fury opponent

THE WBC are set to order a fight between Deontay Wilder and Andy Ruiz Jr, according to President Mauricio Sulaimán.

Wilder returned to the ring after more than a year out on Saturday and brutally knocked out Robert Helenius in the first round.

Sulaimán was impressed with the American's power and revealed he will be ordered to fight Ruiz at a WBC convention in Mexico next week.

The winner of that clash will become the mandatory challenger to face Tyson Fury, assuming the Gypsy King beats Derek Chisora on December 3.

However, Wilder has other targets in his sights including Anthony Joshua.

Wilder's manager Shelly Finkel revealed he had an offer from Eddie Hearn to make a fight between the pair, but he wanted Wilder to get the Helenius bout under his belt first.

Talks in 2018 over a proposed bout fell through but both parties now seem up for it with Wilder eyeing a fight in Africa.

He said: “It’s still the number one fight in the world for everyone. Everywhere I go, people always talk about me versus Joshua.

“We both have roots from there, I think it would be an amazing place to have it, to go back home. To go back to the motherland.

“A continent full of our people. I can just see that being an amazing fight, win, lose or draw.

“I think we’ll get the respect and love from all the people over there.”

Meanwhile, Fury is set to face Chisora in Cardiff and showed he is getting into good shape after working hard in the gym.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20160...bc-tyson-fury/