Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should AJ fight next?

Hearn told Matchroom Boxing: "I think belts are going to become vacant over the next six-12 months. They always are when there's an undisputed champion.

"So now it's about positioning yourself, Dillian Whyte, AJ of course, into a shot at the world heavyweight title.

"AJ could be fighting the winner of Wilder - Ruiz for the WBC world heavyweight title, could be fighting Filip Hrgovic.

"Dillian Whyte could be fighting Joe Joyce for the WBO world title. There's all kinds of eventualities.

"But the pressure will come from the mandatories, that's just natural when there's a unified and in this case potentially undisputed champion."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11690...nds-andy-ruiz/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ should fight his demons next.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When asked whether he would be interested in a trilogy between AJ and Ruiz, Hearn told iFL TV: "It's 1-1, the first fight was nuts, the second fight was a shutout but Andy Ruiz is a great fighter.

"I see Andy Ruiz as someone that can beat Wilder, I really do. I think he's got the IQ to beat him.

"Obviously we know how hard Wilder punches, he's so exciting and dangerous. It's a brilliant fight, I guess that will happen early next year.

"I can't lie the Wilder vs AJ fight is a much bigger fight than the Ruiz trilogy in my opinion but we'll see what happens."

He added: "We messaged them [Wilder's team] in August and they came back at the beginning of November saying 'we'd be up for talking about the fight' to which I said 'we'll come back to you'.

"We've got meetings in the Middle East early next week and that's the kind of fight they would obviously love to acquire.

"But after the Ruiz fight was ordered at the convention, there hasn't been a lot of conversation, no."

Joshua seemed confident that a fight with Wilder is on the cards.

AJ said: "Now he's on a resurgence, I think he's realising, he's said he's got three years left so he wants to tick off his hit-list. Yeah, it'll happen now."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...503a82d9475890

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua splits from second coach in year after Oleksandr Usyk loss as he heads to US to replace Robert Garcia

ANTHONY JOSHUA has split with coach Robert Garcia - as promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed the Brit is in the US building a new team.

The two-time heavyweight world champion ended his relationship with long-term trainer Rob McCracken following his first defeat at the hands of Oleksandr Usyk last year and brought in Garcia.

Hearn told Behind The Gloves: "No, he is good. He is out in America at the moment working on his new team.

"He is getting that together and then we will get an opponent sorted and the date is pretty much locked in.

"It is pretty much sorted and we are looking forward to seeing him return."

Joshua is expected to make a return to the ring next year.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20728...sandr-usyk-us/
    Last edited by Master; 12-12-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Thread Information