Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford v David Avanesyan 10/12/23

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was an elite performance from Crawford. He was so calm and destructive not phased by the attack from Avanesyan.

It was like watching a prime Sweat Pea.

The stadium was packed and atmosphere great. Think Crawford got 10 million from this 1 fight deal so he is doing well since leaving Arum.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok.

So we know that 147-pound Crawford can beat David (who?) Avanesyan.

We know he can beat the toothy Shawn Porter.

We know he can beat "damaged goods" Kell Brook.

We know he can beat glass-chinned Amir Khan.

And now... I guess now we'll never know whether he could have beaten Errol Spence, because the damn guy just had another car crash.

So...

So basically we're left with millions of pages of writing by boxing experts and fans alike... with reams upon reams of babbling social media... opining about a fight that will NEVER happen.

In fact... a fight that was probably never going to happen in the first place.

Why? Because boxing today is all about "the talk."

It's about the Ryan Garcias of the world, who... with ONE good fight in his resume... calls himself King... has a billion Instagram followers... and gets more free press than fighters who have toiled in obscurity for years.

It's about Spence and Crawford and their mythical matchup.

Bloody hell. I'll bet there's been better physical brawls between followers of these two... than they themselves will EVER have.

Sometimes this sport makes me sick.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ok.

So we know that 147-pound Crawford can beat David (who?) Avanesyan.

We know he can beat the toothy Shawn Porter.

We know he can beat "damaged goods" Kell Brook.

We know he can beat glass-chinned Amir Khan.

And now... I guess now we'll never know whether he could have beaten Errol Spence, because the damn guy just had another car crash.

So...

So basically we're left with millions of pages of writing by boxing experts and fans alike... with reams upon reams of babbling social media... opining about a fight that will NEVER happen.

In fact... a fight that was probably never going to happen in the first place.

Why? Because boxing today is all about "the talk."

It's about the Ryan Garcias of the world, who... with ONE good fight in his resume... calls himself King... has a billion Instagram followers... and gets more free press than fighters who have toiled in obscurity for years.

It's about Spence and Crawford and their mythical matchup.

Bloody hell. I'll bet there's been better physical brawls between followers of these two... than they themselves will EVER have.

Sometimes this sport makes me sick.
    Don’t leave out Tank being “the man” at 135 even though he isn’t a champion and hasn’t fought a championship level fighter in the division they campaign except once, against Jose Pedraza 5 years ago. But it’s okay because he may fight an Instagram star next year.

There’s little more disgraceful than what has happened at 135. And the guy that did the right things has to run around begging, carrying all the belts and begging

I’m really struggling to maintain the love

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That was an elite performance from Crawford. He was so calm and destructive not phased by the attack from Avanesyan.

The stadium was packed and atmosphere great. Think Crawford got 10 million from this 1 fight deal so he is doing well since leaving Arum.
    Crawford looks great blowing out second rate opposition- would love to see him dip his toe with a prime, elite fighter like Spence. At this point, it’s Spence or no one. I refuse to support or watch a fighter claim they’re the best while not fighting their biggest rivals.

I feel like prime Whitaker put on that level of performance against the best available opposition. I can’t compare the teo at this point- Pea went up to best #3 P4P Buddy McGirt to entice #1 P4P Chavez to fight him. Bud isn’t close to Pernell in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

Crawford looks great blowing out second rate opposition- would love to see him dip his toe with a prime, elite fighter like Spence. At this point, it’s Spence or no one. I refuse to support or watch a fighter claim they’re the best while not fighting their biggest rivals.

I feel like prime Whitaker put on that level of performance against the best available opposition. I can’t compare the teo at this point- Pea went up to best #3 P4P Buddy McGirt to entice #1 P4P Chavez to fight him. Bud isn’t close to Pernell in my opinion.
    You are right about Crawford and Spence they are the top elite fighters at the weight. Whilst I expected Crawford to beat Avanesyan, I did not expect it to be that easy.

Avanesyan has beaten some top fighters recently and was ready for the world title shot more than he would ever be in his career. However Crawford did not look out of second gear and was in full control from the rapid attacks from Avanesyan. David could not do anything more to try and win.

I have always favoured Spence over Crawford but this performance made me think that maybe Terence is better for the first time.

Sweat Pea would not have wasted this amount of time to prove he was the best at the weight either.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly right. And while this latest unfortunate incident isn't any of Crawford's doing (or fault)... this snake-bitten, now mythical matchup should've/ could've happened long ago.

But again... fans have been largely reduced to being content with just talking about potential fights instead of actually seeing them.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Exactly right. And while this latest unfortunate incident isn't any of Crawford's doing (or fault)... this snake-bitten, now mythical matchup should've/ could've happened long ago.

But again... fans have been largely reduced to being content with just talking about potential fights instead of actually seeing them.
    Hard to blame the fans. When it is clear that Crawford is to blame. BTW, as I’ve been calling this POS a f’n liar. He was guaranteed 2M not 10. 10 is the projected total because they wrongly suggest there is going to be PPV money. I have yet to talk to 1 person that paid for that garbage from that lying POS

https://www.sportspayouts.com/boxing...purse-payouts/

This is just one place reporting it but there are many. Keep in mind Espinoza offered him a 10M guarantee with upside. And Terrence lied because he’s a f’n liar and said he was never offered a guarantee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did they really let Bud continue fighting with a torn glove . Sounds like it went exactly as you think it would for a top elite facing a top 12'ish type opponent. Bud has always been a top level finisher with blood in the water and given all the theatrical nonsense fans have sat through (often cheering on) Bud needed to be all business going into it. It's a shame missing so many of these top fighters lately as the ppv tags multiple faster than two horny rabbits. When it's a best vs best match, I'll drop the coin, not when it's just a top guy in a stay busy fight. Love to see Bud back in there first quarter of 2023. 147 still has time...some time...to deliver on outstanding match ups.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information