Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looks like Matias-Ponce for the IBF 140 title may happen after all...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Looks like Matias-Ponce for the IBF 140 title may happen after all...

third to jeremias
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Looks like Matias-Ponce for the IBF 140 title may happen after all...

Matias starting to tee him up off of accepting exchanges. Ponce all balls but now he's getting ripped underneath, levels separating. Entertaining scrap!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Subriel getting his legs under him.

YES!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

even after four
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jeremias down in the fifth, survives

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And DOWN GOES PONCE!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

stopped in the corner

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah baby!

And the NEW...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Argie's corner had a strategy there. Go all out from the first bell and see if they could blow him out and if it failed pull their guy if possible before he got sparked. I normally always just back the underdog in big fights and I was here but he can fuck off in future fights. I suppose his corner knew what was coming and pulled him before he took some damage but this is the fight of his life eh. If he's not willing to go out on his shield for the chance to win in the biggest fight of his life he can fuck off. He'll have a long way back from this with promoters after quitting like that. No promoter is going to want another main event to end like that so he's going to struggle to get one. No fucking way he gets a rematch. No idea what Jim Gray was on about there, I don't think Showtime will be desperate to show this fucker again anytime soon.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I think the Argie's corner had a strategy there. Go all out from the first bell and see if they could blow him out and if it failed pull their guy if possible before he got sparked. I normally always just back the underdog in big fights and I was here but he can fuck off in future fights. I suppose his corner knew what was coming and pulled him before he took some damage but this is the fight of his life eh. If he's not willing to go out on his shield for the chance to win in the biggest fight of his life he can fuck off. He'll have a long way back from this with promoters after quitting like that. No promoter is going to want another main event to end like that so he's going to struggle to get one. No fucking way he gets a rematch. No idea what Jim Gray was on about there, I don't think Showtime will be desperate to show this fucker again anytime soon.

I was surprised at the stoppage, TBH. Of course Matias had all the momentum... but yeah... this was Ponce's day in the sun. Go out in true warrior fashion and win the fans over. I'm sure a lot of them were disappointed in how it ended.

Me? I'm ecstatic to have a new champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

subriel has forced his last four opponents to retire, matching loma's run. how good would a regis prograis v subriel matias fight be?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno I thought Ponce was a spent shell prior to stoppage . Prograis and Matias seems a needed and great no-brainer. Isn't Prograis bit of a free agent? Great contrast. Prograis timing and that 5 star "drunken master" thing he does would give Matias major fits. But Prograis can also have some flat spots in front of a busy power type. They're small, but they are there. Yet another BIG fight we need.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matias is a bad bad man
    140 is heating up

Thread Information