Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mater v TIC new lineage boxing prediction challenge

Exact round being worth a point brings a bit more luck than knowledge into it. Breaking it up into grouping rounds 1-6 “early”, 7-9”mid”, 10-12 “late” would play more towards understanding how a fight will play out, “predictive knowledge” than luck. Just a suggestion that would help determine who really understands these fights better

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Exact round being worth a point brings a bit more luck than knowledge into it. Breaking it up into grouping rounds 1-6 “early”, 7-9”mid”, 10-12 “late” would play more towards understanding how a fight will play out, “predictive knowledge” than luck. Just a suggestion that would help determine who really understands these fights better
    good suggestion, i was thinking something like a round either side of predicted round counts or gets a half point or something. i also think make your prediction after the weigh in is better than forty eight hours before the fight. my original challenge to primo carnera was spare of the moment, so the basic rules were just thrown together. primo carnera ducked my challenge by refusing to predict on a lineal/ ring belt fight, then a challenge was issued to myself, so the basic rules just followed on. unfortunately only two members showed interest to participate, so i doubt the contest will continue after june but i'll always be open to a challenge
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    good suggestion, i was thinking something like a round either side of predicted round counts or gets a half point or something. i also think make your prediction after the weigh in is better than forty eight hours before the fight. my original challenge to primo carnera was spare of the moment, so the basic rules were just thrown together. primo carnera ducked my challenge by refusing to predict on a lineal/ ring belt fight, then a challenge was issued to myself, so the basic rules just followed on. unfortunately only two members showed interest to participate, so i doubt the contest will continue after june but i'll always be open to a challenge
    I prefer closest round either side as it covers Ron's point about breaking the rounds into groups anyway.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

round three

terence crawford v david avanesyan. result: terence crawford wko6
    teofimo lopez v sandor martin. result: teofimo lopez wsd10
    josh warrington v luis alberto lopez. result: luis alberto lopez wmd12
    naoya inoue v paul butler. result: naoya inoue wko11

master
    Terence Crawford UD David Avanesyan. correct winner +1, incorrect method +0 = 1
    Teofimo Lopez UD Sandor Martin. correct winner +1, correct method +1, incorrect exact decision type +0 = 2
    Josh Warrington SD Luis Alberto Lopez. incorrect winner -1 = -1
    Naoya Inoue KO3 Paul Butler. correct winner +1, correct method +1, incorrect exact round +0 = 2

total: 4+4 = 8

tic
    terence crawford knockout round ten. correct winner+1. correct method +1, incorrect exact round +0 = 2
    teofimo lopez unanimous decision. correct winner +1, correct method +1, incorrect exact decision type +0 = 2
    luis alberto lopez split decision. correct winner +1, correct method +1, incorrect exact decision type +0 = 2
    naoya inoue knockout round two. correct winner +1, correct method +1, incorrect exact round +0 = 2

total: 8+8 = 16
    Last edited by TIC; 12-20-2022 at 03:24 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Master v TIC new lineage boxing prediction challenge

Terence Crawford UD David Avanesyan
    Teofimo Lopez UD Sandor Martin
    Josh Warrington SD Luis Alberto Lopez
    Naoya Inoue KO3 Paul Butler

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

terence crawford knockout round ten
    teofimo lopez unanimous decision
    luis alberto lopez split decision
    naoya inoue knockout round two
    Last edited by TIC; 12-14-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The person who predicts first should have the privilege of the opponent not to be able to copy the exact prediction as it is a disadvantage to go first from now on.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The person who predicts first should have the privilege of the opponent not to be able to copy the exact prediction as it is a disadvantage to go first from now on.
    it's only been two rounds & you're already making excuses? i asked you in post number thirty four of the other challenge thread if you want to select someone to send our predictions to, your reply in post number thirty five was i have nothing to hide
    https://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfo...a-v-tic-3.html

i'm sure you are not accusing me of copying your predictions, i took josh kelly last week as the underdog & have even chosen luis alberto lopez this week, another underdog. no one has made you make your predictions first, i have posted fights & asked if you were okay with them, because there might be fights you want to add, like you did with dillian's fight in the first week. the only exact prediction we have had so far is the upcoming teofimo fight. your idea is not great because sometimes we will have the same feeling about a fight, but i understand your concerns, i could just copy every one of your predictions if you post them first & hold my lead to the end, as you can see i had no intention of doing that by choosing the underdog luis alberto lopez this week. here are my suggestions on what we could do

my suggestions
    we void this weeks fights as both have been posted publicly & you have only raised this issue now after falling behind
    we ask spicoli if he is happy to receive our predictions by private message & then post them in the thread once he has received both
    or
    the player in the lead must post his predictions first
    or
    we flagged the current challenge & come back in the new year with refined rules, i'd like to add that knockout thing we spoke of about either side of the round predicted, maybe something for backing the underdog & to slightly adjust the point scoring system (maybe increase it to two points for exact round of knockout & exact decision type for example, half a point for a knockout on either side of the exact round a knockout was predicted, maybe an extra point in a face off to the correct prediction if we have chosen opposite fighters for example)

at the very least i think this weeks predictions should be voided while we decide the best course of action

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is not an excuse just a suggestion. I am not accusing you of copying or playing it strategically.

I am just saying the first person that predicts a specific fight like UD then the other person can not do the exact same prediction they can go SD or MD.

Keep going, this is enjoyable and very simple. No need to void this week.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is not an excuse just a suggestion. I am not accusing you of copying or playing it strategically.

I am just saying the first person that predicts a specific fight like UD then the other person can not do the exact same prediction they can go SD or MD.

i was only kidding about the excuses. i think taking away a players ability to make a certain prediction limits the contest, sometimes we might make the same prediction. i would suggest from the next round that whoever is in the lead must post their predictions first, so whoever posts fights for the week just has to confirm if the other player doesn't want anything added, then the player in the lead must post their predictions first

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was only kidding about the excuses. i think taking away a players ability to make a certain prediction limits the contest, sometimes we might make the same prediction. i would suggest from the next round that whoever is in the lead must post their predictions first, so whoever posts fights for the week just has to confirm if the other player doesn't want anything added, then the player in the lead must post their predictions first
    OK but still think it is not too much trouble to not have the same exact prediction as there is only 2 of us.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK but still think it is not too much trouble to not have the same exact prediction as there is only 2 of us.
    it's a prediction contest, you should be able to make any kind of prediction on the outcome

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When there only 2 of us then my suggestion is first predictor gets first dibs. It is not that controversial if I predict KO 7 you can pick KO6 or 8 Instead.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When there only 2 of us then my suggestion is first predictor gets first dibs. It is not that controversial if I predict KO 7 you can pick KO6 or 8 Instead.
    it's a contest to test our prediction abilities, restricting a player from making a prediction type won't be an accurate reflection of the players predictions

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's a contest to test our prediction abilities, restricting a player from making a prediction type won't be an accurate reflection of the players predictions
    I disagree and it was only a suggestion. So fine with carrying on.

Thread Information