Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 fighters (living or dead) you'd be most terrified to get in the ring with

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Top 5 fighters (living or dead) you'd be most terrified to get in the ring with

1. Mike Tyson
    2. George Foreman
    3. Aaron Pryor
    4. Tommy Hearns
    5. Sonny Liston

NO AMOUNT OF MONEY to even consider this:

Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 11-26-2022 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 5 fighters (living or dead) you'd be most terrified to get in the ring with

Tyson
    Hagler
    Hearns
    Duran
    Foreman
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 5 fighters (living or dead) you'd be most terrified to get in the ring with

Yes I was considering Duran

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on what we're doing in the ring now don't it

Jack Dempsey
    Mike Tyson
    Andrew Golota..I mean come on. What do you fear first? Headbutts, having you jaw jabbed to the back of your head or castration via low blows
    Ike Ibeabuchi
    Michael Moorer at 175

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Jack Dempsey
    Mike Tyson
    Andrew Golota..I mean come on. What do you fear first? Headbutts, having you jaw jabbed to the back of your head or castration via low blows
    Ike Ibeabuchi
    Michael Moorer at 175
    Would never have thought of Ike The President. Just curious --- was it because he was out of his mind according to some people close to him, as in hallucinations and believing in voodoo and hearing voices? Cuz that would be pretty terrifying while at the same time he is unloading KO blows all over his opponent. I heard he may have been diagnosed with schizophrenia but not sure if that was after he was incarcerated.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Jack Dempsey
    Mike Tyson
    Ike Ibeabuchi
    Michael Moorer at 175
    Would never have thought of Ike The President. Just curious --- was it because he was out of his mind according to some people close to him, as in hallucinations and believing in voodoo and hearing voices? Cuz that would be pretty terrifying while at the same time he is unloading KO blows all over his opponent. I heard he may have been diagnosed with schizophrenia but not sure if that was after he was incarcerated.
    Yeh staying on the chest of Tua and free swapping bombs is a lot of it. But Ike always came across a little bit "off" even prior to Tua aftermath. Those are the ones you have to worry about . Ike goes down often as "if only he realized full potential" sorts. But it gets lost how much damage he soaked up in Tua fight also. He went sideways quick. I think he turned out just as he was going to.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Ike Ibeabuchi.
    2. Marvin Hagler.
    3. Mike Tyson.
    4. George Foreman.
    5. Edwin Valero.

Honourable mentions in the least intimidating.
    1. Kid Thunder.
    2. Johnny " The fistic pacifist " Nelson.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A different take on it would be

Roy Jones ready to avenge his unjust loss against Montell fake acting Griffin.
    Joe Louis fighting for the free nations and avenging his inexperienced loss against Max Schemmling.
    Mike Tyson kept waiting in his dressing room to become the undisputed champ by stalling Micheal Spinks
    Jack Johnson finally hunting down the white champion Marvin Hart to become heavyweight champion of the World.
    Julia Ceaser Chavez representing the pride of his nation against their bitter rivals in Edwin Rosario to become lightweight champion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Salvador Sanchez
    Nigel Benn
    Mike Tyson
    Jack Dempsey
    Thomas Hearns
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Deontay Wilder- Power is just too scary and menacing
    2. Mike Tyson- could not stand the speed and intensity
    3. George Foreman- The one that shut down Frazier twice
    4. Ray Mercer- man that fucker was mean. lol... what he did to Morrison and Pegues is terrifying
    5. David Tua- Knowing you could be decapitated at any moment in the fight is enough for me.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's one common denominator in this thread so far & that is Mr Mike Tyson.

He must be unofficially the scariest fighter of all time.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing with most of these HW fighters ..as in Tyson, Foreman, Liston is that if they don't break your neck with the whiplash it is a very quick and instant kind of punishment . Most of us are going to sleep and then going to wake up with a bad head and a busted nose, lip etc. With some of the lighter guys they are going to cut you to shreds, break a rib or two, bruise your liver, damage your kidney and make you wish you had a glass chin
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    There's one common denominator in this thread so far & that is Mr Mike Tyson.

He must be unofficially the scariest fighter of all time.

The thing about Mike was, his weakness could be his mental stability. Everyone figures if you don't back down, he's going to eventually crumble mentally. That's just the beginning of the second act. When he got unsure, that's when the armbars, the biting, and extra-curriculars started. Golota was like that too.

I agree with Mercer being on the list. He genuinely liked to hurt people.

Tua maybe also, I think. He was always smiling outside the ring, didn't have to be in a bad mood to almost kill you. Ask Moorer who was was like his best bud when Tua almost decapitated him. You could try to wait him out but that leaping left hook was always there.

Maybe its an ego thing and no disrespect to Tommy, but I don't fear a guy like hearns. His facade was meant to be intimidating but i just remember how it turned to that goofy grin whenever he got clipped. I think he got greedy at times and put himself in range and could time and eventually catch the hitman.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thomas Hitman Hearns was scary!!! Those eyes would frighten me. When I started watching boxing, he was decapitating Roldan and our Dennis Andries. He was vicious.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Mike Tyson seems to be a common thread here. And Tommy Hearns to a lesser degree.

Nobody mentioned Lennox Lewis but imagine getting in there with that 6 ft 5 monster.

Thread Information