Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Jermell matched "tougher" than Jermall?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jermell matched "tougher" than Jermall?

Do you guys think so? I think so...

https://boxrec.com/en/box-pro/471634

https://boxrec.com/en/box-pro/433135

Plus he fights more and more frequently than the older brother. Have yet to see Jermall in a tough fight against a live guy... BJS, Eubank, Andrade come to mind. Or even for the hell of it, go straight to GGG... make it happen!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jermell matched "tougher" than Jermall?

Looking at the records, yes Jermell has had tougher fights than Jermall. I think this is the perfect time for Jermall to take on GGG and beat him. The division is more open for him to unify and dominate.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to say undoubtably. For a brief minute there I thought Jermall was the topper of the two off Trout and demolishing Julian Willians in 2016 and Jermell went idle. And then he moved up and other than starching Centeno Jr he really has not blown the doors wide open. Even worse he's lost momentum. His 160 debut opponent should not have even been in the ring. He was hopping on one foot and had an obvious knee/leg injury and that was before the fight even started. Centeno was decent and nice ko. But Jermall looked very ordinary with Korobov next out and those scores don't reflect it to me. Had some stay busies and then finally went all in with Derevyanchenko in a pretty solid class step and outcome. Since then, over two years ago, he let Montiel stand in front of him and swap punches all night and has been doing nothing. Literally nothing since. If we count joking about a Bivol fight, then maybe he can count that as "being active".

Overall and long-term Jermell has imo faced the better tougher comp. He's had more scrutiny off tougher than thought early wins like D. Hopkins and Vanes or painting Rosado when Rosado wasn't a spent Rosado. And agreed to face Andrade in 2015 before Andrade 'opted out' saying he was worth more money . But after the year layoff he came back in 2017 and really has not looked back. He's passed Jermall as far as 'big' fight events and honestly has looked surprisingly disciplined (in the ring) last out. Sparked young hot Lubin, beat the same Trout, and took the L to Harrison in a fight I honestly had Charlo winning. But within the year he badly beat Harrison in rematch, then Rosario to unify, Brian Castano I war and again within the year showed real improvement in Castano rematch in what is one of the biggest fights that 2022 saw for full unification. And then agrees and signs to another would be undefeated clock cleaner in Tim Tszyu! I like both Charlo's through all the nonsense and chest thumping they do, but Jermall has been the much quieter when it comes to actual big fight time.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Have to say undoubtably. For a brief minute there I thought Jermall was the topper of the two off Trout and demolishing Julian Willians in 2016 and Jermell went idle. And then he moved up and other than starching Centeno Jr he really has not blown the doors wide open. Even worse he's lost momentum. His 160 debut opponent should not have even been in the ring. He was hopping on one foot and had an obvious knee/leg injury and that was before the fight even started. Centeno was decent and nice ko. But Jermall looked very ordinary with Korobov next out and those scores don't reflect it to me. Had some stay busies and then finally went all in with Derevyanchenko in a pretty solid class step and outcome. Since then, over two years ago, he let Montiel stand in front of him and swap punches all night and has been doing nothing. Literally nothing since. If we count joking about a Bivol fight, then maybe he can count that as "being active".

Overall and long-term Jermell has imo faced the better tougher comp. He's had more scrutiny off tougher than thought early wins like D. Hopkins and Vanes or painting Rosado when Rosado wasn't a spent Rosado. And agreed to face Andrade in 2015 before Andrade 'opted out' saying he was worth more money . But after the year layoff he came back in 2017 and really has not looked back. He's passed Jermall as far as 'big' fight events and honestly has looked surprisingly disciplined (in the ring) last out. Sparked young hot Lubin, beat the same Trout, and took the L to Harrison in a fight I honestly had Charlo winning. But within the year he badly beat Harrison in rematch, then Rosario to unify, Brian Castano I war and again within the year showed real improvement in Castano rematch in what is one of the biggest fights that 2022 saw for full unification. And then agrees and signs to another would be undefeated clock cleaner in Tim Tszyu! I like both Charlo's through all the nonsense and chest thumping they do, but Jermall has been the much quieter when it comes to actual big fight time.
    Spot on here. Jermall needs a big fight...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jermall has been begging for a GGG fight for years. Let us never forget “we will never fight Charlo”. GGG and Canelo, it’s why Malls career has stalled. Now he should just take whoever will fight him, that probably only leaves Andrade. But I can understand not wanting Andrade after Andrade pulled out before.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone else think that Jermall Charlo's inactivity is holding up Jermell's career?
    Couldn't 'Mell as undisputed champ at 154 do what Inoue just did & become mandatory to one of Golovkin's middleweight belts?
    It would be 'Mell's 2nd weight division to attempt to win titles in

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Does anyone else think that Jermall Charlo's inactivity is holding up Jermell's career?
    Couldn't 'Mell as undisputed champ at 154 do what Inoue just did & become mandatory to one of Golovkin's middleweight belts?
    If he could do it then I am sure he would have done it. He has his own career to look after.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    If he could do it then I am sure he would have done it. He has his own career to look after.
    'Mell could become mandatory to the WBO but I think 'Mall's inactivity has delayed any potential move up
    "Mall was calling for fights with Canelo & Benavidez who are both at 168 but he still holds a belt at 160
    I'm thinking 'Mell doesn't want to move up & step on his brothers toes, incase 'Mall decides to remain at 160

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman revealed that WBC middleweight world champion Jermall Charlo’s long stint of inactivity, of almost two years, was caused by a “serious, important mental health episode”.

Charlo last fought on June 19 of 2021, when he defeated Juan Macias Montiel by unanimous decision.

Sulaiman explained the process of how the WBC has handled the situation with the middleweight title in light of Charlo's absence.

“Basically, in 2021, Charlo was ready for a big fight with Jaime Munguia [that was never finalized]," Sulaiman told Izquierdazo and other reporters.

“Then Munguia didn’t want to fight with [Carlos] Adames in a final elimination fight, and Charlo accepted a fight with [Maciej' Sulecki, and Adames was ordered to fight [for the interim title] so the title can have activity. Munguia leaves negotiations, and Charlo gets injured."

While recovering from his injury, Charlo suffered a mental health issue.

“When Charlo was recovering from his injury, he suffered a mental health episode, a serious, important one," Sulaiman explained.

“If people want to be yelling and kicking because we didn’t strip him from his title for not fighting, that is the reason. We will be supporting him unconditionally. That is why there is an interim title, so there can be activity in the division. But we will always support our champion, and the good times, and even more in the bad times."

When asked about the WBC’s plans for Charlo’s return, Sulaiman reiterates his total support.

“We want him to fight, to defend his title”, Sulaiman said. “We want him to come back, or in a 10 round fight. We will support him. And then we hope that a fight can be made with Adames [WBC interim champion] to unify the title. Or a fight with Munguia would be amazing. We would approve it, without a doubt”.

Recently, Charlo said that he had a call with Demetrius Andrade, and they want to fight. Jermall even said that he wants to fight Andrade without a tune up fight.

Sulaiman would approve that fight.

“Yes”, Sulaiman replied. “Without a doubt, Andrade has demonstrated that he is a great fighter”.

Sulaiman responded to recent and reiterated criticism from Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya - for not stripping Charlo from the title. De La Hoya suggested that the fight between Munguia and Sergiy Derevyanchenko should have had the vacant WBC title at stake.

“Jaime is a great fighter," Sulaiman said. “I like him a lot, I respect him. His fight with Charlo was ready. Unfortunately there were problems between the broadcasting platforms that sometimes negotiations stop. Munguia has been fighting above the 160 pound limit, and we have been criticized for keeping him as the number one [contender] in the rankings, but if they [Charlo and Munguia] want the fight, I will keep doing everything that is possible for it to happen."

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez...pisode--174683

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman revealed that WBC middleweight world champion Jermall Charlo’s long stint of inactivity, of almost two years, was caused by a “serious, important mental health episode”.

Charlo last fought on June 19 of 2021, when he defeated Juan Macias Montiel by unanimous decision.

Sulaiman explained the process of how the WBC has handled the situation with the middleweight title in light of Charlo's absence.

“Basically, in 2021, Charlo was ready for a big fight with Jaime Munguia [that was never finalized]," Sulaiman told Izquierdazo and other reporters.

“Then Munguia didn’t want to fight with [Carlos] Adames in a final elimination fight, and Charlo accepted a fight with [Maciej' Sulecki, and Adames was ordered to fight [for the interim title] so the title can have activity. Munguia leaves negotiations, and Charlo gets injured."

While recovering from his injury, Charlo suffered a mental health issue.

“When Charlo was recovering from his injury, he suffered a mental health episode, a serious, important one," Sulaiman explained.

“If people want to be yelling and kicking because we didn’t strip him from his title for not fighting, that is the reason. We will be supporting him unconditionally. That is why there is an interim title, so there can be activity in the division. But we will always support our champion, and the good times, and even more in the bad times."

When asked about the WBC’s plans for Charlo’s return, Sulaiman reiterates his total support.

“We want him to fight, to defend his title”, Sulaiman said. “We want him to come back, or in a 10 round fight. We will support him. And then we hope that a fight can be made with Adames [WBC interim champion] to unify the title. Or a fight with Munguia would be amazing. We would approve it, without a doubt”.

Recently, Charlo said that he had a call with Demetrius Andrade, and they want to fight. Jermall even said that he wants to fight Andrade without a tune up fight.

Sulaiman would approve that fight.

“Yes”, Sulaiman replied. “Without a doubt, Andrade has demonstrated that he is a great fighter”.

Sulaiman responded to recent and reiterated criticism from Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya - for not stripping Charlo from the title. De La Hoya suggested that the fight between Munguia and Sergiy Derevyanchenko should have had the vacant WBC title at stake.

“Jaime is a great fighter," Sulaiman said. “I like him a lot, I respect him. His fight with Charlo was ready. Unfortunately there were problems between the broadcasting platforms that sometimes negotiations stop. Munguia has been fighting above the 160 pound limit, and we have been criticized for keeping him as the number one [contender] in the rankings, but if they [Charlo and Munguia] want the fight, I will keep doing everything that is possible for it to happen."

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez...pisode--174683
    Mental Health episode? WTF was that?

Hidden Content

Thread Information