Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lennox Lewis v Tyson Fury

Barry McGuigan said on his Twitter when replying to a fan, “I don’t hate anyone but I know Lennox Lewis would have destroyed Fury.”

“Compare their resumé there is no comparison, those are the facts.”

McGuigan went on to say: “I was there ringside for many of Lennox’s fights and he was far superior to Fury and beat much better opposition.”

This year, however, Fury could have the chance to become the first undisputed heavyweight world champion in the four-belt era by beating Oleksandr Usyk.

By achieving that feat. there would certainly be a case for him being better or equal to Lewis.

Fury and Usyk are expected to fight in March this year, with Saudi Arabia the likely location, although Wembley Stadium in London is also still reportedly an option.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ed-tyson-fury/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lennox Lewis v Tyson Fury

Fury would give any heavyweight in history major problems.

Lewis was nearer to him in stature though and I see a prime Lewis getting a UD after surviving a scare or two along the way.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox only lost the 2 fights when he got complacent and did not respect them. With Fury he would take it seriously and his prime was when Lewis was with Manny Steward so he would not be out boxed as he was against Bruno's jab.

Lewis would take the fight to Fury as he did with Grant/Golota but Tyson would not get stopped. Fury can take a punch and experienced enough to get through the early assault.

Both fighters would try and test their opponents stamina but both would see the 12 rounds but Lewis winning a UD with 8-4 or 7-5 rounds in his favour.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Canadian guy wins this all day long.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Lennox only lost the 2 fights when he got complacent and did not respect them. With Fury he would take it seriously and his prime was when Lewis was with Manny Steward so he would not be out boxed as he was against Bruno's jab.

Lewis would take the fight to Fury as he did with Grant/Golota but Tyson would not get stopped. Fury can take a punch and experienced enough to get through the early assault.

Both fighters would try and test their opponents stamina but both would see the 12 rounds but Lewis winning a UD with 8-4 or 7-5 rounds in his favour.

This. Lennox was the whole package as a boxer. Both his knockout losses were totally avenged, and were due to lack of focus and complacency. A totally focused Lennox easily beats Fury.

I would say knockout... but yes... one thing Fury has shown is a scary-good chin.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox struggled with Vitali remember admittedly tho he was 38. I see Fury as not needing the resume in order to be competitive. Resumes? Sure Lewis wipes the floor with Fury's very thin resume. Wipes it clean and even waxes it. But Fury is an odd one. In his own category. A one shot deal. I think Fury could frustrate Lewis and get the points win. And if he catches Lennox on one of his out-of-breath, winded nights huffing & puffing, he could maybe KO him. Lew is also could KO Tyson but if Tyson bounced up from the Wilder bombs, I doubt Lennox would put him to sleep.

Fury wins it on a SD: (and fuck it I even got the cards secretly handed to me by Larry Hazard --- 115-113, 115-113, and one judge for Lewis 115-113)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis in top form takes Fury for me. Distance 12. Lewis with that power jab could stand Fury still more often than Fury is comfortable with and unlike a Wilder he mixed power in combination and probably had one of the more solid 'foundations' and footing of the big-men. Fury with volume and making it a bump and grind physical type fight in close would be a major obstacle in spots but he is just not getting away with some of that happy feet flash jab and leaning in with a crafty big man like Lewis without getting that midsection worked over. He is not bullying Lewis.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury gets smashed to pieces very early by Lewis.

Levels.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Fury gets smashed to pieces very early by Lewis.

Levels.
    One scenario I just can't see happening.

Alas we'll never know
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information