Thread: NFL player Damar Hamlin collapses during game; suffers cardiac arrest

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NFL player Damar Hamlin collapses during game; suffers cardiac arrest

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news...hnk/index.html

"NFL star Damar Hamlin in critical condition after cardiac arrest"

Gut-wrenching. I was watching Monday Night Football last night when this happened. Hamlin was involved in a routine looking tackle midway through the 1st quarter of a huge game between the Buffalo Bills and the Cincinnati Bengals. Replays show that Hamlin got right back up... then immediately collapsed onto his back. The next few minutes were frantic, with medical personnel eventually having to administer CPR right there on the field, before putting Hamlin in an ambulance and rushing him off to a local hospital. Teammates were terribly shaken... many of them crying right there on the field, and hugging and consoling each other. The game was eventually postponed, as playing football was the farthest thing from anybody's mind.

At this point, more than 12 hours later, Hamlin remains in critical condition at the hospital... while sports news networks are at a loss as to what to say other than to hope and pray that Hamlin pulls through ok.
    A very frightening scenario.

Normally, serious football injuries are either limb-related, or head trauma... so this is a bit of unchartered territory for those who follow the sport. Personally, I'm reminded a bit of Christian Eriksen back in Euro Cup 2020, held in June 2021. I was watching that game also. In that case, there was no contact, and Christian simply collapsed on the field... and had to have CPR administered to him.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/socc...knhbfi98lipske

Decades ago, in 1990, promising basketball player Hank Gathers collapsed on the court from a heart related issue and was also given CPR. Sadly, Gathers did not recover and died.

It all kind of reminds us that professional athletes are first and foremost human beings. With families and loved ones whose furthermost thought from their minds is that their son/brother/father is going to die while doing what they love best.

My thoughts and prayers to Hamlin and his family... as the story continues to develop... and he remains in critical condition in a Cincinnati hospital.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL player Damar Hamlin collapses during game; suffers cardiac arrest

Are we seeing more of these heart attacks now? There have been numerous footballers that have had a attack and had to retire because of heart issues nowadays.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL player Damar Hamlin collapses during game; suffers cardiac arrest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Are we seeing more of these heart attacks now? There have been numerous footballers that have had a attack and had to retire because of heart issues nowadays.
    Yes but if anybody says the reason why they will be labeled a conspiracy theorist

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In Hamlin's case you can't yet rule out the possibility that the tackle caused a blunt trauma to the chest in a manner that triggered a reaction to an underlying condition.

But I'm no doctor... and will refrain from speculating further.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's a good question to ask. well done. to me there certainly seems to be a lot of what i would consider young & generally healthy people having health issues in recent times. i have already mention a friend of mine that had a heart attack not that long ago & i personally know three other guys all under forty that have had heart issues recently & several other people who i had previously considered to be in good health, who are now a lot more ill & unhealthier than they have ever been. now the causes of this unhealthiness in supposedly young, healthy people could be numerous but it is something to keep an eye on. from my own experience i will add that my health is probably the best it's ever been
    Last edited by TIC; 01-04-2023 at 09:57 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty damning evidence already out of Germany, Japan, Denmark, Sweden etc. .... Something wrecked their immune systems/hearts, etc and it wasn't covid. Really nice substacks from McCullouch and Steve Kirsch and Robert Malone and guys like Zelenko and let us not forget the icing on the cake from Michael Yeadon

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can it be just an NFL football player that suffered a traumatic blow to the chest and went into cardiac arrest?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Can it be just an NFL football player that suffered a traumatic blow to the chest and went into cardiac arrest?
    Yes

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it could just be that exactly but could it not also possibly be something else?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Pretty damning evidence already out of Germany, Japan, Denmark, Sweden etc. .... Something wrecked their immune systems/hearts, etc and it wasn't covid. Really nice substacks from McCullouch and Steve Kirsch and Robert Malone and guys like Zelenko and let us not forget the icing on the cake from Michael Yeadon
    how have you verified their claims to be true? can you please provide your processes so i can verify them as true for myself? i'm not saying it is not a possibility but i am not just going to believe secondhand information, so i'll wait for the processes you have verified to be true that support your statement of damning evidence, unless you want to admit you are just believing something

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

At this point I'll take the story presented as true... until something to the contrary pops up (AND IS SUBSTANTIATED).

As you know, I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories... nor do I leap at the first hint of one.

The human suffering of my fellow man gives me no joy... and I normally don't go looking around for conspiracy theories to whet my appetite.

Priorities.

Right now the only important thing is that Hamlin fully recovers and goes home to his family.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At this point I'll take the story presented as true... until something to the contrary pops up (AND IS SUBSTANTIATED).

As you know, I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories... nor do I leap at the first hint of one.

The human suffering of my fellow man gives me no joy... and I normally don't go looking around for conspiracy theories to whet my appetite.

Priorities.

Right now the only important thing is that Hamlin fully recovers and goes home to his family.
    it's your right to believe whatever you like. neither of us will ever know the truth because we won't be able to verify the cause ourselves. information will be provided & you & i will take that on board. it won't be us verifying the claims as true. where was the conspiracy theory in my question? i asked if the cause could be possibly something else. where is the leaping in my question? where is the joy in my question? what does the man's health have to do with my reply to your question about possible causes? different topics

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i found youtube's usual nonsense interesting on this video

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Priorities.

it's your right to believe whatever you like. neither of us will ever know the truth because we won't be able to verify the cause ourselves. information will be provided & you & i will take that on board. it won't be us verifying the claims as true. where was the conspiracy theory in my question? i asked if the cause could be possibly something else. where is the leaping in my question? where is the joy in my question? what does the man's health have to do with my reply to your question about possible causes? different topics

Am I accusing you of any of the above? No... right? So let's just be ourselves and choose to use the information given as we see fit.

The purpose of this thread was to inform those unfamiliar with the NFL about a tragic event in last night's Monday Night Football game. Nothing more.

Thread Information