Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Loma can’t go back to Ukraine

No excuses now, he has to fight Haney. He can’t go back to Ukraine because the State has registered him as a traitor for spreading Russian propaganda

They’ve pushed past the first window, if he doesn’t agree to the dates after Ramadan, May or June we will have to accept he is never fighting Haney. Haney is only at 135 for Loma or Tank. If he can’t get them he’s moving on.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma can’t go back to Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    No excuses now, he has to fight Haney. He can’t go back to Ukraine because the State has registered him as a traitor for spreading Russian propaganda

They’ve pushed past the first window, if he doesn’t agree to the dates after Ramadan, May or June we will have to accept he is never fighting Haney. Haney is only at 135 for Loma or Tank. If he can’t get them he’s moving on.

Honest question. Where did you hear that? All I've seen is how Loma fought for Ukraine for several months before returning to the U.S. to continue his boxing career.

https://www.marca.com/en/boxing/2022...25b8b457e.html

Also... I can see where you would make it sound like Loma is ducking Haney... as there are plenty of articles online weighing in on the subject. But then that's nothing new. "X" is ducking "Y" is almost a secondary, spinoff sport within boxing.

But has Loma himself weighed in on this? Just curious as to why the ducking charges.

Usually ducking is pretty obvious, like when a fighter decides to "marinate" his meeting with another high-profile fighter... or insists on ridiculous catchweights.

But to my knowledge Loma has done none of that.

Finally... no shade on Haney... but he IS getting a lot of mileage out of his two-time defeats of Kambosos, who... if we're gonna be honest... is not to be confused with Lomachenko.

Just sayin'

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney is only at 135 for Loma or Tank. If he can’t get them he’s moving on.
    why's he ducking shakur?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight should ideally happen in March.

Loma wants no part of Haney or shakur.

Loma hasn’t been the same since his schooling by Lopez.

Get over it, the better man won.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomachenko should have just fought Kambosos Jr instead of derailing his career with the war

Thank you for having me on the forum. I was a member here over twenty years ago under the user name Aaron Pryor & have remained a constant reader over the years as my old account I think was deleted at some point & with lots of forums just becoming bashing arena's I tended to prefer just to read, rather than interact with time wasters. I did however join the Saddo Zoom Meeting on New Years Day my time with Steve & had a really good conversation & decided to re-register & start chatting with real boxing fans again. Nice t meet yiu all & I look forward to getting to know most of you

Thanks also to Mater & Saddo for getting my account sorted out, there seemed to be an issue where new members could activate their account but everything seems fine now

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Lomachenko should have just fought Kambosos Jr instead of derailing his career with the war

Thank you for having me on the forum. I was a member here over twenty years ago under the user name Aaron Pryor & have remained a constant reader over the years as my old account I think was deleted at some point & with lots of forums just becoming bashing arena's I tended to prefer just to read, rather than interact with time wasters. I did however join the Saddo Zoom Meeting on New Years Day my time with Steve & had a really good conversation & decided to re-register & start chatting with real boxing fans again. Nice t meet yiu all & I look forward to getting to know most of you

Thanks also to Mater & Saddo for getting my account sorted out, there seemed to be an issue where new members could activate their account but everything seems fine now
    Yes it was great on New Year's Eve and Beanz was also on after you... We'll have to do another soon! Aaron Pryor THE HAWK, one of my top 5 favorite fighters!!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mater
    crack up, another guy who thinks master is a big fan of the movie cars. welcome big j, this forum isn't as busy as some others but there are some knowledgeable members here. hope you stick around
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Over 20 years... wow! Must've been one of the originals. Well welcome back. Yes, it's not as busy as others, as was just mentioned. But I've tried others and they seem to devolve into impersonal "yo mama" shouting matches... and I've quickly lost my interest. Here, most conversations are a few levels up from that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get the (not going to call it hate, the dislike maybe) for Lomachenko. First of all the stuff about him being "registered as a traitor". What the hell is that exactly? Lomachenko is one of the half dozen most famous Ukrainian people, of military age and a fighter no less. He can't not serve in the military given the situation in his country. He also has to be kept well away from any actual fighting there and kept alive but must be seen to be serving in the military. If you don't understand this that speaks for itself.

If you really think that Lomachenko is ducking or is scared to fight somebody it just means you don't understand professional boxing. I explained this before:

Loma and Tank are STILL ducking! (saddoboxing.com)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Mater
    crack up, another guy who thinks master is a big fan of the movie cars. welcome big j, this forum isn't as busy as some others but there are some knowledgeable members here. hope you stick around
    I think I missed something?

I have been a regular vistor & reader of the site over the years & I prefer this smaller type of community. Thanks for the welcome, I plan on being here for awhile & participating in banter & more Saddo Zoom calls in the future

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mater
    it was just an inside joke, nothing important. are you a kiwi? i'm just across the pond from you

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mater
    it was just an inside joke, nothing important. are you a kiwi? i'm just across the pond from you
    I am from New Zealand, born & raised

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Honest question. Where did you hear that? All I've seen is how Loma fought for Ukraine for several months before returning to the U.S. to continue his boxing career.

https://www.marca.com/en/boxing/2022...25b8b457e.html

Also... I can see where you would make it sound like Loma is ducking Haney... as there are plenty of articles online weighing in on the subject. But then that's nothing new. "X" is ducking "Y" is almost a secondary, spinoff sport within boxing.

But has Loma himself weighed in on this? Just curious as to why the ducking charges.

Usually ducking is pretty obvious, like when a fighter decides to "marinate" his meeting with another high-profile fighter... or insists on ridiculous catchweights.

But to my knowledge Loma has done none of that.

Finally... no shade on Haney... but he IS getting a lot of mileage out of his two-time defeats of Kambosos, who... if we're gonna be honest... is not to be confused with Lomachenko.

Just sayin'

Sounds like a nationalism/woke thing. He wasn't signaling hard enough for them as a national hero and was deferring to his orthodox religion and saying that "fake Russian propaganda" was part of the problem in driving people apart.... so they put him in some kind of "not one of us" Register... Hats off to the man for having his own ideas / opinions and valuing his faith. Not being anti Russian doesn't make you anti-ukraine.

https://risu.ua/en/lomachenko-was-in...uoc-mp_n135505
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information