Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Michael Conlan v Luis Alberto Lopez

Michael Conlan's prospective world title fight against Luis Alberto Lopez is now expected to take place in Belfast in late April or early May.

Conlan's team have been involved in negotiations with IBF featherweight champion Lopez in recent weeks.

The Belfast fighter has previously outlined his desire to face the Mexican in his home city on St Patrick's Day.

But the hand injury sustained by Lopez in his title-winning bout with Josh Warrington has forced a delay.

Featherweight Conlan, 31, is eyeing another world title shot having lost a dramatic fight to England's WBA featherweight champion Leigh Wood in Nottingham last March.

Having suffered the first defeat of his professional career, Conlan bounced back by beating Miguel Marriaga at Belfast's SSE Arena in August before claiming a first-round knockout win over Karim Guerfi at the same venue last month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/64251465
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Michael Conlan v Luis Alberto Lopez

sounds like this might be done for may twenty seventh in belfast
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

official
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“This is a massive opportunity,” said Conlan. “Fighting for the world title in Belfast is something I’ve always dreamed of and I will be taking this opportunity with both hands.

“I will do everything I can to bring a world title home. Credit to Lopez for coming to Belfast, but I am taking his title. He is not prepared for what is coming his way. Ireland will see a new champion crowned.”

Lopez has no problem with stepping into the lion’s den, venturing to Warrington’s home city of Leeds and walking away with a majority decision victory as the Mexican claimed his 27th win from 29 fights.

“I am a road warrior,” Lopez said. “Travelling to my opponent’s home country doesn’t faze me.

“I won my world title in Leeds, and now it’s time to defend it in Belfast. The louder they cheer for Michael, the harder I will fight. The IBF title will remain in Mexico.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...0bafac0&ei=202

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default luis alberto lopez v michael conlan

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks for merging the threads. i thought i had seen one but couldn't find it

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easily done. This fight will get lost with the other 2 big fights on the same day. Shame.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Michael Conlan says his bout with Luis Alberto Lopez in Belfast on Saturday is "just another fight" as he aims for his first world title.

The bout will be Conlan's second shot at a world title after he dramatically lost to Leigh Wood in March 2022.

Mexico's Lopez defeated Josh Warrington in December to claim the IBF featherweight title in Leeds.

"It's going to be tricky at times but I believe I will go out and win - and win comfortably," Conlan, 31, said.

"My emotions are cool and calm. I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be a great night."

After stunning Warrington in his native Leeds, Lopez is aiming to retain his title on Conlan's home turf at the SSE Arena in Belfast.

Since his loss to Wood in last year's WBA 'Regular' featherweight title contest, Conlan has defeated Colombian Miguel Marriaga and Karim Guerfi, of France, to return to title contention.

Conlan insists he has learned his lessons from the Wood defeat and his subsequent victories, and adds he doesn't feel any different as he aims to win the world title in front of his home support.

"I've experienced big nights and big atmospheres on many occasions now," he told BBC Sport.

"I lost on a momentous occasion where I had loads of pressure on me. I put pressure on myself.

"I kind of fed into the atmosphere, so I've learned from all that and now we go on to this one.

"It's all experience, having to go through those types of fights and those type of wars and seeing different things.

"It's special to have the fight here. I'm honoured and it's always great to have the support."

Speaking at a public workout in Belfast, Conlan's trainer Adam Booth said "it's been business as usual with some improvements".

"He is as ready as he ever has been," he added.

"His determination and his desire has been a fuel during training, but now it's time to forget how badly he wants it and to just do his job on Saturday night.

"He's more seasoned, more experienced and we have refined and evolved certain parts of his game.

"[I expect] nothing but an ultimate-level performance, because that is what he needs to win this fight."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/65694549

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nick Ball is wild and raw but getting to his opponent now.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ball stops his opponent in the last round. He is not even breathing heavy. Very fit fighter.

Conlon on next.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez starts wild in the first round but Conlon smarter work wins it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nice first round. gave it to luis. close

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barley catching this main event. Pretty busy 1st from both. Think Conlan stole the round at end. Lopez is a character.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

second to michael. even after two rounds

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conlon pushing Lopez back in the second round but Lopez still dangerous.

2-0 Conlon

Thread Information