Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Benavidez v Caleb Plant 3/25

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Admittedly looking forward to this more than Tank v Ryan. No disrespect both excellent overdue top fights. Needed match ups. Both Benavidez and Plant just feel oddly more investment as individuals and purpose.
    i agree. i find it funny that it's a top fight for david b but caleb had already lost the fight when he signed the contract for canelo
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Admittedly looking forward to this more than Tank v Ryan. No disrespect both excellent overdue top fights. Needed match ups. Both Benavidez and Plant just feel oddly more investment as individuals and purpose.
    i agree. i find it funny that it's a top fight for david b but caleb had already lost the fight when he signed the contract for canelo
    Like living full push on the Dirrell KO. It was pretty clear he wouldn't have the firepower to take Canelo based on his 'coasting' moments in fights prior. I think the arse kicking did him some good big picture. Really a perfect measuring stick for Benavidez, comparability etc. Both have things to prove.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Like living full push on the Dirrell KO. It was pretty clear he wouldn't have the firepower to take Canelo based on his 'coasting' moments in fights prior. I think the arse kicking did him some good big picture. Really a perfect measuring stick for Benavidez, comparability etc. Both have things to prove.

It was pretty clear to me, too. But most importantly it was pretty clear to Team Canelo.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amazing listening to both sides of fans on their picks. Benavidez "too big too strong" and Plant "slick and so skilled" on and on. I do have to wonder is Plant is getting juuuust a touch overinflated. I just don't know if he has that 12-round rowdy yard dog in him that it's going to take to outhustle and detour Benavidez from pouring it on. Gonna have to stand it at some point.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plant has re-asserted himself into the world title picture with an impressive knockout victory against Anthony Dirrell and now is hoping a win over Benavidez can take him one step closer to facing Alvarez for a second time.

"I would become the mandatory so technically no," Plant responded when asked by The DAZN Boxing Show about whether he wants anyone other than Alvarez if he gets past Benavidez.

"But I’m just letting it be known now that if that isn’t good enough, then I need to step to Jermall Charlo right after that and beat him. I would be more than willing and able to do that.

"He’s already the WBC champ at 160, he can come up to super middleweight and first dibs.

"The focus right now is David Benavidez and that would put me in line to handle business as I should, right now I’m just focused on the fight in front of me."

Plant also had time to reflect on his November 2021 meeting with Alvarez and revealed what was the biggest lesson he learnt from the clash in Las Vegas.

"I think the most important thing I took away from that fight wouldn’t be anything technically, it would just be the experience," Plant said.

"Experience is something that you can’t buy, you don’t get it overnight, you have to go through the fire to get that, and I’ve done that, I’ve done that gracefully. I haven’t made any excuses."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...4b929840&ei=94
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This final eliminator for the WBC super middleweight title pits the slugger against the stylist with the slugger, Benavidez, the favourite with the moneymen. The American-born Benavidez was born to a Mexican father and he has shown all the traits of fighters from that part of the world with an unblemished record (26-0). He also has a knockout ratio of 88.5% and knocked out five of his last six opponents.

The general consensus is that brawn will topple style in Vegas and former heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz believes as much. "I got my money on Benavidez," said Mexican Ruiz when speaking with PBC. "He is just a bigger fighter, a stronger guy, 'The Mexican Monster.' "Nothing against Caleb, he is a warrior, and we all risk our lives in the ring, but I just feel like Benavidez will be too much." The Phoenix native was certainly too much for his last opponent David Lemieux, forcing a third-round stoppage in Arizona. Benavidez was the younger, taller man and although he weighed in just a quarter of a pound heavier than the Canadian, he made his size count from the off.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...604cd0e3&ei=47
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love this match up. I’ve got a lot of time for Plant, love his persona and the way he fights. Then when he did the old “grave digger” after the Dirrell KO, I thought that was naughty.
    But Benavidez is a fucking horrible bastard in the nicest possible way. Very angry man and certainly doesn’t mind his P’s & Q’s in press conferences. Vicious puncher as well.
    I want Plant to win, but I’m seriously worried about Benavidez and who knows, he could obliterate Plant and we could be seeing him go to elite level status.
    Great fight.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a great fight going in
    The winner deserves credit
    I don't see Plant winning
    I think Plant has stamina issues
    Benavidez by either dominant mid - late KO or Plant puts up a fight & it's a close hard fight before Benavidez ends it late
    Plant's not making the final bell

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If lightning strikes and Plant somehow wins this fight... Ginger's off the hook... and the sigh of relief will be heard back in Guadalajara.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did Benavidez look gaunt and dry at the press conference and weigh in to anyone else? He'll start his rehydrating of course but if he looks dry after warming up, I can see last minute bets on Plant.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Did Benavidez look gaunt and dry at the press conference and weigh in to anyone else? He'll start his rehydrating of course but if he looks dry after warming up, I can see last minute bets on Plant.
    He's looking as shredded as I can remember seeing him. Always a thought in back of the head, guys overtraining etc. but think he'll rehydrate a good deal. Oh but that hair man . Looking forward to this full card for once.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's looking as shredded as I can remember seeing him. Always a thought in back of the head, guys overtraining etc. but think he'll rehydrate a good deal. Oh but that hair man . Looking forward to this full card for once.
    david b does look in great shape. both guys do. david has missed weight before but i doubt he'll make that mistake here. i'm going to stay with my original prediction in this thread. david b goes to sleep. caleb got this
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ME TOO. I'm expecting a great fight... and looking forward to it. I'm also in the camp of Benavidez having too much firepower for Plant, although I'm sure Plant will put in a terrific effort.

After this, the road should be clear for a Benavidez-Canelo clash. Let's hope it doesn't go the way of Fury-Usyk.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    After this, the road should be clear for a Benavidez-Canelo clash.
    & if caleb wins, should canelo fight caleb again?

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boots should be on this undercard. Maybe the Tank v Garcia for sure. Ramos vs Crowley is a very solid starter. Sub step for Crowley, time to climb.

Thread Information