Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tim Tszyu v Tony Harrison March 12th

Can't really say this give me much confidence about a firefight with Charlo who tends to finish better and pour on the heavy leather. Tim can definitely catch him but will his patience leave him a sitting duck against charlo?
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stay humble Timmy.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good win & needed experience for timmy
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harrison was underwhelming and made Tszyu look a lot better than he is. Maybe it was fighting away from home. I think Charlo will batter Tszyu. A quite one sided fight anyway. Charlo hits harder, is faster and moves much better.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Can't really say this give me much confidence about a firefight with Charlo who tends to finish better and pour on the heavy leather. Tim can definitely catch him but will his patience leave him a sitting duck against charlo?
    Not too far removed from Charlo loading up all night trying to force firefights though. Not that ultra disciplined boxer-puncher he was with Castano rematch. Tszyu has some nice upper angles on him and tempered aggression. Favor Charlo but he can also get sucked in early.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very impressive and look forward to the Charlo fight, not sure he really wants it? Tim is a big chance!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Not too far removed from Charlo loading up all night trying to force firefights though. Not that ultra disciplined boxer-puncher he was with Castano rematch. Tszyu has some nice upper angles on him and tempered aggression. Favor Charlo but he can also get sucked in early.
    I'll say i'm impressed with Team Tszyus prep. I really didn't think his game would have levels to it. I saw him more as a Harley toolbox with a BFH in it.

Once Charlo saw he could get hurt by castano, Charlo prepped more for surgery than a slumber party massacre. My worry is Tim trying to walk face first into punches to deliver the goods like he did with harrison or getting caught cold trying to feel out charlo in the first round. I would definitely try tim in the first round if i was Charlo. I don't really think Tims been in with someone with the size, pop or experience of Charlo and his first big fight stateside (please not texas). I agree that charlos ego gets him into some tight spots and I'll be hoping for it, as i'm just not partial to him or his brother, though i can respect what they do in the ring
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say i'm impressed with Team Tszyus prep. I really didn't think his game would have levels to it. I saw him more as a Harley toolbox with a BFH in it.

Once Charlo saw he could get hurt by castano, Charlo prepped more for surgery than a slumber party massacre. My worry is Tim trying to walk face first into punches to deliver the goods like he did with harrison or getting caught cold trying to feel out charlo in the first round. I would definitely try tim in the first round if i was Charlo. I don't really think Tims been in with someone with the size, pop or experience of Charlo and his first big fight stateside (please not texas). I agree that charlos ego gets him into some tight spots and I'll be hoping for it, as i'm just not partial to him or his brother, though i can respect what they do in the ring
    You know it's going to be Texas bud . Spot on. Poor Tim had to catch himself post fight with "I'm going to Vegas"..um going to America". For all of our sake, I hope Charlo goes for Tim early too. All why we fight the fights to find out.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

brian showed the blueprint in the first fight with jermell & timmy has the style to carry it out, i'm just not sure if he can
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The improvements Tszyu has made from the Gausha fight to this fight have been vast
    Tszyu’s team did their homework with the counter right uppercut after Harrison’s right hand
    I still worry about his upright stance vs the hand-speed and power of Charlo
    Tszyu would benefit with another fight or 2 like this as preparation

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

might need a vpn in certain parts of the world

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

official scorecards

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was always a fan of his dad and Tim did very well to dominate Harrison.

I had Tim 6-2 up at the time, all 3 judges had it 5-3 at the time of the stoppage. Tszyu does hit hard and has a bomb of a right hand.

Charlo will be a much harder fight but I think he could catch him and stop him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hall of Fame boxer Kostya Tszyu hasn't been to one of his son Tim's fights since he made his professional debut in 2016 - but he has just taken the rare step of speaking out about his boy's career on the eve of his world title fight.

The 28-year-old recently opened up about the rift between him and his father, revealing his legendary dad was 'never there' for him and younger brother Nikita after he called it quits on his incredible career in 2005.

Kostya was supposed to be ringside for his son's planned bout against undisputed super-welterweight champion Jermell Charlo, but that fight fell through and he is still in Russia ahead of Tim's title clash in Sydney on Sunday.

The former super lightweight world champion is very confident his boy will emulate him by becoming a world champion.

'Tim has improved a lot as a boxer. He is much wiser. He now has good experience fighting against good opponents,' he told News Ltd.

'I believe he will produce a special fight against Harrison. He is at the right time of his career.'

However, Kostya acknowledged that the American is likely to be a step up from his son's previous fights.

'It's a big test, he is fighting a great opponent,' he said.

'Is it a risk? Look, if he wants to be a world champion like I was, he cannot be afraid and Tim has to challenge anybody.'

The Sydneysider is known for his prodigious power in the ring, like his father, who singled out one aspect of his arsenal for special praise.

'He has a great body shot, that was one of my key punches,' he explained.

Tim recently revealed how his father moving back to Russia and splitting from his mother affected him.

'Every year at school there was a father's day camp. I never had one father's day camp. Never had a father's day breakfast,' he told the Howie Games podcast.

'He was never there for us. Now looking back to it, I understand where he came from because to get to where he got to, there's a lot of sacrifice.

'It was tough because you always think your parents, it's like a fairytale, they love each other. Then all of a sudden it's completely gone.'

He also delved into the extreme culture shock he and brother Nikita - who fights on the undercard on Sunday - experienced when they joined their father to live in Russia as youngsters.

'We didn't have any friends. The weather was completely crap. You don't see the sun, you live in apartment complexes. The life is not something we're used to,' Tim recalled.

He and Nikita were given special treatment at school and had their own driver on call '24/7' but couldn't wait to return to Australia.

'I told my mum we can't go back. We wanted to be normal,' he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...29dff89f&ei=44
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    imam khataev is on this card, artur vibes

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information