Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Undisputed

Its been 12 years since a decent boxing game was released.

Release Date: 31 Jan, 2023 on Steam

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Undisputed

We been waiting a long time for this. Everything crossed they're going to nail the gameplay and deliver a classic.

They posted on here probably about 3 years ago now asking for people's thoughts on what the important features of a good boxing game were. At the time they didn't have many licenced fighters - I recall Johnny Nelson and maybe Ryan Rhodes off the top of my head.

I bought a ps5 recently as they were in stock. Hardly played it. Basically got it so I'd have it when this was released....

Could be another 6 months or so before full release
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah like you say if the game play is there this could be a cracker.

One thing that stands out is the individual boxers styles which by the looks of it from the snippets really does capture that.

I think they have had the stars of this game in the studio wired up with them motion capture balls attached to them to capture each individuals movements, Something that fight night never really did.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's out now on early access on steam, it'll be a while before it's on PlayStation and so on.. I'll buy it once the electric problem in my house is fixed, currently the outlet for the PC isn't working:S...

Looks like it's been getting positive reviews too, that's good I was a bit worried about it with the delays, looks like they've done a good job

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eh what's Steam. Thought it was a song by East 17

Let's be honest FNC was pretty near perfect apart from the lack of one punch knockouts. Why EA didn't just keep tweaking the game engine every year I'll never know.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a great song song by east 17, steam is what most of the PC games run through these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a really good game. People forgeet Its early release and not a complete game so many more patches and updates to come.

With out a doubt best boxing game since Fight night champions.

Some of the game mechanics require improvements but still great to play. Infact im gonna have a game now Crolla vs Ryan Garcia i think.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The judges robbed me in the tutorial fight, punches landed 209-127 both with 60% accuracy and I lose... They got the judges right at least

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    The judges robbed me in the tutorial fight, punches landed 209-127 both with 60% accuracy and I lose... They got the judges right at least
    LOL yeah i seemed to get robbed every fight vs the CPU playing against Canelo so accuracy is there.

There are still many improvements and bugs to fix like hook spamming and Power shots that seem to do the same thing as a standard shot but what do people expect with an early release.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The judges are weird they seem heavily skewed to the games counter punch stat, you can outland the opponent 3:1 but if they have more counters they win the round... The three judges don't end to score differently though which is nice but that part could certainly use some refinement..

I like the game and it's well worth the money but for me there are a few things that need to be improved, body punches are overpowered, most fights just come down to whoever lands the most body punches and the percentage of body punches thrown is way higher than a normal boxing fight, they just drain too much stamina.. jabs need to be more effective at disrupting the opponent too, you can land three good jabs in a row and the guy will walk through them and throw normally... I do think normal punches to the head should be more impactful too, hit a good hook and it's hurting the enemy, just because it's not a counter punch shouldn't matter so much. I would also like to able to punch during clinches.also need to fix the computers stamina, I fought Eddie hall and he still had close to 90% stamina going into the 12th round, that's just ridiculous.

Now some good stuff about the game, it looks great and the boxers animation is top class, Alvarez throwing hooks to the body looks different from every one else and looks like the real deal.. different fights with different boxers really do feel different playing as Roy Jones and he jabs so quick and then play as Alvarez and his jab is much slower but you hit with good force on the body.. great stuff. Whilst I haven't one punch KO'd anyone, I have been knocked out with one punch three times so it works and it's rare enough that it's impressive... I also like how there's guys like Patrick rokhol in the game ,no idea who is but I'm looking out for his results now, hopefully more boxers get added as time goes by. And most importantly I just find the game quite fun.. so I rate it as quite a success that could be improved upon.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

+1 to the count of being one punched KO'd...

Landed my first one punch ko, to Ryan Garcia, which will make some people happy...have that ry! Left hook to the body from Linares puts him out

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    +1 to the count of being one punched KO'd...

Landed my first one punch ko, to Ryan Garcia, which will make some people happy...have that ry! Left hook to the body from Linares puts him out
    marvellous the one punch KO is in the game. Not been in a boxing game since KK2001 to my knowledge (though some claimed it could happen in FNC but extremely rare)

I fear it will be some time before its on PS5

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sergio Martinez, robin Reid and someone called Lee McGregor have been added to the game...didn't check if any women were added or not..

Couple of new arenas too and two day/night locations added

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First game I ever called in 'sick' to play . Or Soul Reaver, one of them. Anyone ever tried VR for boxing game?

Thread Information