Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Artur Beterbiev: All time & H2H

Beterbiev's career is still in progress & he's only had 19 fights but I'm interested in where others see him at this stage:
    All time at 175
    H2H against the best men of 175

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev: All time & H2H

It is too early to say where Beterbiev would rank until he has finished his career. Artur can improve his record and legacy by beating Bivol and becoming undisputed. He can also improve his bank balance by beating Canelo at the weight as well as defending his title a few more times.

If he becomes undisputed then Beterbiev should be in the conversation about being an ATG.

At the moment his best win is against Gvozdyk who was undefeated and WBC champion. He has had 7 defences and his fight against Yarde was FOTY contender. It is the best fight this year so far.

The great light heavyweights are Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles Bob Foster and Spinks but can not say how Artur would do against them as I never saw them fight in my lifetime.

The best light heavyweight I have seen has been Roy Jones Jnr at the weight and I think he would be too quick for Beterbiev.

Artur v Stevenson would have been a good fight and peak Kovolev as well as Moorer.

I think Beterbiev beats Ward, B Hop and Tarver.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward would pulverize beterbievs balls into submission

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev hasn’t proved he’s the best guy in this division yet. So I think it’s a bit premature to talk about ATG’s.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

roy v artur would be intriguing. roy's speed gives him the edge for me but artur's pressure causes roy grief all night. at the moment without becoming undisputed i'd find it hard to put artur anyway near the top twenty light heavyweights ever, although i think he matches up well with many of them. outside the very best at light heavyweight, imagine fights with guys like dariusz michalczewski or matthew saad muhammad
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Beterbiev hasn’t proved he’s the best guy in this division yet. So I think it’s a bit premature to talk about ATG’s.
    Maybe if Betebiev defeats Bivol we can revisit the thread
    It's still nice to think about how Beterbiev matches up against past ATG's
    Conn vs Beterbiev is a toss up
    Foster vs Beterbiev is also a toss up
    Jones Jnr vs Beterbiev is a toss up, Jones' speed & stamina make him the favourite but he had a tendancy to go to the ropes, that could give Beterbiev the opportunity he would need

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got to think Jones and ward run rings around beterbiev, beterbiev is a monster puncher but he's not difficult to hit, Ward would have fun with him and have an easier time against him than Kovalev, who should have beaten ward the first time. Jones would be far too quick and athletic for him too.. I'd rate Kovalev ahead of beterbiev too, although those guys had their run ins the amateur days and beterbiev beat Kovalev a few times.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are a lot of exciting fights that would have been "barn burners" against peak fighters like Matthew Saad Muhammad, Qawi, Marvin Johnson, Conteh and Prince Charles Williams.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev definitely has legacy to take with Bivol showdown. I think there are times when Beterbiev gets a little dismissed as face forward brawler but his calculated timing, power selection and sheer awkward accuracy has to be some of the best at 175 in decades. Some great hypotheticals mentioned and need full concluded picture for the all time greats like Moore, Charles etc. Qawi would have been insane and Galindez or Saad style wise. More recently Roy of course. But being honest and peeling the skin off the onion here..what force did Roy face and beat at 175 who was remotely close to current Beterbiev? And it's not like he was untouchable at 175 also. Would have been an outstanding mash up. I'm just glad 175 is finally getting some volume and center focus.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Got to think Jones and ward run rings around beterbiev, beterbiev is a monster puncher but he's not difficult to hit, Ward would have fun with him and have an easier time against him than Kovalev, who should have beaten ward the first time. Jones would be far too quick and athletic for him too.. I'd rate Kovalev ahead of beterbiev too, although those guys had their run ins the amateur days and beterbiev beat Kovalev a few times.
    I don't think Ward would have the strength to match Beterbiev inside & would get broken down
    Kovalev had a piston of a jab & better boxing ability but I feel he lacked the mental fortitude to outlast Beterbiev
    I could see Tarver & Hopkins lasting the distance in losing efforts

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know, ward was really something special a, beterbiev is a monster butbward could do it all, sure it was at 168 but he beat big tough guy Froch at his own game, beat him up and totally outboxed him, I think the same thing would happen to beterbiev, ward moved very well had enough power and most importantly knew how to rough them up. id think he has an easier time v beterbiev than he did v kovalev

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Andre Ward at super middleweight but he was not big enough to continue his career at light heavyweight. He was fortunate against Kovalev to win, sure Ward showed heart to comeback after the knock down and get the decision. Punching Beterbiev low would not work against him.

Ward retired early at the weight for a reason.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

talking of all time great light heavyweights, does anyone know if fight footage of maxie rosenbloom exists? i think joe calzaghe puts a lacy like performance on artur
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    talking of all time great light heavyweights, does anyone know if fight footage of maxie rosenbloom exists? i think joe calzaghe puts a lacy like performance on artur
    Never heard of him but will look him up. Got me intrigued.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Never heard of him but will look him up. Got me intrigued.
    really, cus d'amato gave him high praise & is said to be the inspiration behind the technique that became the pee-a-boo style

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information