Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Joshua v Jermaine Franklin April 1st

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Jermaine Franklin April First

Jermaine Franklin did well against Whyte but lost so do not understand why was chosen other than maybe he is a comparison for AJ to see if he can be more convincing.

AJ needs to get busy again and be active with his new trainer. Whyte should be next and then he will go for one of the trinkets that is left after Fury v Usyk.

Lets see what AJ has left.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think it's a reasonable fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Confidence builder. But Franklin will fancy his chances. No problem with this one
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being honest I would’ve preferred him to fight Wilder. I know people think I’m nuts , but I reckon it would’ve been ideal for him.
    Not much wrong with the Franklin fight, after all , I had him beating Whyte, so Whyte needs to stop his bellyaching.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like this fight really do. Franklin will have his apparent sturdy beard tested but his volume and new found confidence could work well for him. Good show for AJ to be had here but he'll need to pressure up and make those clear levels separate.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua WON'T be fighting on pay-per-view when he faces Jermaine Franklin at The O2 arena in April.

Former two-time heavyweight champion Joshua, 33, will look to bounce back to winning ways against Franklin on April 1 in London. The Brit hasn't won a fight since knocking out Kubrat Pulev over two years ago, losing his belts to Oleksandr Usyk in September 2021 and failing to win them back in their rematch last August.

Joshua's fight against Franklin will be his first in a five-year partnership with DAZN, meaning it will be included in the monthly £9.99 subscription to the streaming service and fans will not need to pay an additional pay-per-view fee to watch it. Those watching outside of the UK will also be able to stream the fight via their DAZN subscription without any additional charge.

'AJ' said of his fight against Franklin: "I'm looking forward to stepping back into the ring. Mentally and physically I feel ready. I want to put on a show and impress my coach as he has high standards. Franklin has a good style and a great attitude, which he has shown in recent fights. This will be my first fight broadcast on DAZN in the UK and it will be globally available on the platform."

Franklin suffered the first defeat of his professional career in a controversial decision loss to Dillian Whyte last November. The 29-year-old insists he will become the first man to stop Joshua inside the distance, stating: "I’m ready to show the world why it’s time for me to take my place at the top of the Heavyweight division. Joshua had his time. It’s my time to shock the world! This fight isn’t going to the judge’s card.

Joshua has parted ways with two coaches since losing his heavyweight titles to Usyk, but has seemingly settled on trainer Derrick James for his upcoming fight against Franklin. The 51-year-old, who coaches world champions such as Errol Spence Jr and Jermell Charlo, will hope to put Joshua back on the path towards becoming a three-time world champion.

Matchroom Boxing boss Eddie Hearn, who promotes Joshua, thinks the Brit's decision to train in America for his upcoming fight will be hugely beneficial. "The problem is with him being in the UK is he can't breathe, when he goes to America people still know who he is but it's just a different world," Hearn said on the DAZN Boxing Show. " Can you imagine that AJ where he is going to be training, can go for a walk and go and sit in a coffee shop with some friends."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...ed445a2151a371

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the good old days this would have been an undercard fight at a big UK venue with a lower weight world title fight at the top of the bill,sadly those days of a night out watching competitive boxing have gone. The date is highly appropriate and I would imagine it will be agrophobia day at the O2.

Sorry to sit on the fence

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not think Frank Bruno/Henry Cooper was on any undercard after he challenged for a world title.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua’s next fight against Jermaine Franklin will be his first not broadcast as a PPV since September 2015.

However, with DAZN increasing their base monthly ‘Flexible Pass’ subscription price to £19.99.

When DAZN first launched in UK they began with an introductory price of just £1.99 per month, which soon increased to £7.99 per month.

Now the ‘Flexible Pass’ monthly rate going up to is £19.99 per month – this is what it will cost someone who’s not an existing subscriber to watch Joshua vs Franklin.

They are also offering a ‘Monthly Saver’ package which requires the buyer to sign up to DAZN for 12 months and pay £9.99 per month along the way.

And the final option is an ‘Annual Super Saver’ which required an up front payment of £99.99 to cover the full year.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ncrease-price/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    In the good old days this would have been an undercard fight at a big UK venue with a lower weight world title fight at the top of the bill,sadly those days of a night out watching competitive boxing have gone. The date is highly appropriate and I would imagine it will be agrophobia day at the O2.

Sorry to sit on the fence
    aj just fought oleksandr back to back & this will be his first fight with his new trainer. jermaine just took dillian to the wire. we just saw two fight of the year candidates against two guys that weren't supposed to be competitive at all

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Do not think Frank Bruno/Henry Cooper was on any undercard after he challenged for a world title.
    Even Lewis was headlining HBO after being sparked by McCall against Lionel Butler no less.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua’s next fight against Jermaine Franklin will be his first not broadcast as a PPV since September 2015.

However, with DAZN increasing their base monthly ‘Flexible Pass’ subscription price to £19.99.

When DAZN first launched in UK they began with an introductory price of just £1.99 per month, which soon increased to £7.99 per month.

Now the ‘Flexible Pass’ monthly rate going up to is £19.99 per month – this is what it will cost someone who’s not an existing subscriber to watch Joshua vs Franklin.

They are also offering a ‘Monthly Saver’ package which requires the buyer to sign up to DAZN for 12 months and pay £9.99 per month along the way.

And the final option is an ‘Annual Super Saver’ which required an up front payment of £99.99 to cover the full year.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ncrease-price/
    Finally just cancelled Dazn they have always struck me shady and haphazard. Won't get into all the lies about PPV and repeated price hikes. Pay 19.99 when there is a decent 'block' of fights inside a months' time. Just remember to cancel before hitting a month or they repeat charge .

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

franky's got good handspeed, will fuck up the Big Stiff by the 7th

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxrec supplements my fading memory.

Herbie Hide lost to Vitali, and then fought on the undercard of Robin Reid v Soon Botes for the wbf s/middle, took me about 5 minutes to find, sure there are others.

Thread Information