Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Jermaine Franklin April 1st

I don’t know how much I’d back AJ against Fury/Wilder/ZZ/Frazer Clarke and others.

This was supposed to be a pick em fight.

He did not deliver.

I will always respect him but his world title challenges will be tough.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do think the biggest difference in Joshua is that he's not fighting Charles Martin or Eric Molina anymore, he's fighting better guys and he just isn't as good as some of the guys at the very top.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wierd.

Joshua is such a great physical specimen. 6 foot 6, chiselled muscle. Really good boxer, deadly punch. Fantastic career too.

But you can’t help wondering if he could have been so much more. I really believe he feels the pressure in a bad way, like so many British sport people (our footballers and many others play to not lose, rather than win spectacularly), I do think it’s a cultural win.

Iron Mike was also motivated by fear, but we went in the ring to show people his very best, to be the best version he could be and to TAKE the win. I think AJ goes in to NOT lose those days?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Franklin told IFL TV: “Honestly, he was p***ing me off. That’s kind of the reason I was getting frustrated because I’m like ‘Some of this s*** is blatant.’

Frankling was annoyed by the fact Joshua was tying him up in the clinch and his multiple indiscretions were being ignored by the referee.

He added: “You could blatantly see it. I was getting collar tied, stiff-armed and it was p***ing me off because the ref was on the side that it was happening on sometimes.

“I don’t know if you guys could see but a couple of times I just didn’t even try to wrestle, I just lifted my arms and started looking at the ref.

“Like, ‘Come on now. I’m sitting here complaining about this, you’re not saying nothing, you’re watching him doing it, and when I do say something you say you don’t see it but tell me that I’m getting grabbed because I’m slipping inside.’

“That doesn’t give him the right to grab me, he’s supposed to back up or reposition himself. So, I let the ref frustrate me and take me off my gameplan – it was like I was fighting two people in there.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...nthony-joshua/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dillian Whyte slams Anthony Joshua display in Jermaine Franklin win: ‘The aggression is not there’

“I didn’t think he looked particularly good tonight,” Whyte said on DAZN. “He seemed a bit apprehensive. Any time Franklin made a feint like he was going to hit him, he was very apprehensive.

“Obviously the right hand is still there and the boxing skills are still there, but the aggression is not there. The difference is I go the distance with Franklin and everyone says, ‘oh you’re boring’.

“Joshua goes the distance with Franklin and he gets praised for it, he showed boxing skills and this, that and the other. The difference is in the last two rounds I went after Franklin, he didn’t. He was very apprehensive in the last two rounds.

“That’s where we’re different in the fight. Win, lose or draw, I don’t care. I will have a go.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d106dd84&ei=71

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Dillian Whyte slams Anthony Joshua display in Jermaine Franklin win: ‘The aggression is not there’

“I didn’t think he looked particularly good tonight,” Whyte said on DAZN. “He seemed a bit apprehensive. Any time Franklin made a feint like he was going to hit him, he was very apprehensive.

“Obviously the right hand is still there and the boxing skills are still there, but the aggression is not there. The difference is I go the distance with Franklin and everyone says, ‘oh you’re boring’.

“Joshua goes the distance with Franklin and he gets praised for it, he showed boxing skills and this, that and the other. The difference is in the last two rounds I went after Franklin, he didn’t. He was very apprehensive in the last two rounds.

“That’s where we’re different in the fight. Win, lose or draw, I don’t care. I will have a go.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d106dd84&ei=71
    Whyte can say what he likes , and I respect his honesty. But the truth is that both of them fighters are better than him.
    I think Franklin looked better than he did in the Whyte fight , and I thought he beat Whyte, so….
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte v Franklin was a close fight but I had Whyte winning in a close fight 7-5 rounds. AJ beat Franklin much easier 10-2/9-3 rounds.

This suggests that AJ is the better fighter than Whyte but we know styles makes fights and their local London rivalry would make it a closer contest.

Either way Fury is levels above all of them.

I have a feeling AJ will ask for Fury/Wilder but end up with someone even easier than Whyte just so he can learn more with his new trainer. Someone like Filip Hrgovic for an alphabet title.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Joshua did a lot of things well
    I'm interested to see who he fights next

Thread Information