Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Jermaine Franklin April 1st

Jermaine Franklin believes he was chosen over Dillian Whyte to face Anthony Joshua because he won their fight 'in the world's eyes'. Franklin fell to a razor-close majority decision loss against the Body Snatcher back in November that was fiercely debated amongst fans.

The American is confident he should have been given the nod on fight night and scored the contest 7-5 in his favour. Meanwhile, the CompuBox stats show that Franklin outlanded Whyte in eight of the 12 rounds.

Prior to the contest, Eddie Hearn had promised the winner a shot at Joshua in the Spring but much to the surprise of many Franklin was given the opportunity instead. No reason was provided for the change of plans, but the 989 Assassin claims it is because he was the rightful winner.

Speaking exclusively to Express Sport, he said: "He lost, CompuBox said he lost, they can give him the fight, but English fans don't think he won the fight. I know what boxing is, it's a dirty game but he can give me my rematch and I'll whoop him again.

"I think they chose me because I won that in the world's eyes. I think I honestly won the fight 7-5. CompuBox said 8-4 but we're not going to cry about it we come back bigger and stronger."

Despite the frustrations he felt following the result, Franklin quickly bounced back, thanks in part to the support he received from British fans. "That day I was really messed up on that s*** but after that day I started looking at things differently and was just ready to get back to it and continue to perfect my craft," he added.

"So, it didn't affect me as much as I thought it would, I was just ready to get back in there. It didn't feel like a loss. The British fans were writing to me on Instagram, I had hundreds and hundreds of messages showing me love and support. So, that made me feel a little better in terms of the decision and how everything went."

Joshua and Franklin square off on April 1 at London's O2 Arena live on DAZN. The undercard includes another cross-atlantic heavyweight encounter in the co-feature attraction as Britain's Fabio Wardley takes on America's Michael Polite-Coffie.

Meanwhile, Felix Cash challenges Matteo Signani for the European middleweight title as fierce rival Austin 'Ammo' Williams faces River Wilson-Bent.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...b5df2291&ei=59
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua has been inspired by Rocky Balboa's training methods ahead of his comeback fight against Jermaine Franklin.

Joshua has been inspired by late heavyweight Earnie Shavers ahead of his upcoming fight and has also utilised training methods made famous in the Rocky franchise such as chopping down trees.

"I was just doing some research on boxing and come across Earnie Shavers, who was known as one of the strongest punchers out there. He used to chop wood and that was their form of calisthenics, strength and conditioning. I've been focusing more on old school methods, strength and conditioning is a big part of sport now but I think there's a difference between strength and conditioning inside and outside of training camp. I think chopping trees and chopping wood is good for rotational power, from what I was researching anyway. It also makes good Instagram content!"

"I'd be lying to you if I said 'I'm going to this and this, come out southpaw'. It's all b******, I'm going to go in there and do what I do which is get that win. Let me go in there and do my job, I'm going to do my best. I'm a f****ng good fighter, I'm not going to make it overcomplicated. I'll find the gaps needed to break my opponent down," he added.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...b5df2291&ei=88

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Jermaine Franklin believes he was chosen over Dillian Whyte to face Anthony Joshua because he won their fight 'in the world's eyes'. Franklin fell to a razor-close majority decision loss against the Body Snatcher back in November that was fiercely debated amongst fans.

The American is confident he should have been given the nod on fight night and scored the contest 7-5 in his favour. Meanwhile, the CompuBox stats show that Franklin outlanded Whyte in eight of the 12 rounds.

Prior to the contest, Eddie Hearn had promised the winner a shot at Joshua in the Spring but much to the surprise of many Franklin was given the opportunity instead. No reason was provided for the change of plans, but the 989 Assassin claims it is because he was the rightful winner.

Speaking exclusively to Express Sport, he said: "He lost, CompuBox said he lost, they can give him the fight, but English fans don't think he won the fight. I know what boxing is, it's a dirty game but he can give me my rematch and I'll whoop him again.

"I think they chose me because I won that in the world's eyes. I think I honestly won the fight 7-5. CompuBox said 8-4 but we're not going to cry about it we come back bigger and stronger."

Despite the frustrations he felt following the result, Franklin quickly bounced back, thanks in part to the support he received from British fans. "That day I was really messed up on that s*** but after that day I started looking at things differently and was just ready to get back to it and continue to perfect my craft," he added.

"So, it didn't affect me as much as I thought it would, I was just ready to get back in there. It didn't feel like a loss. The British fans were writing to me on Instagram, I had hundreds and hundreds of messages showing me love and support. So, that made me feel a little better in terms of the decision and how everything went."

Joshua and Franklin square off on April 1 at London's O2 Arena live on DAZN. The undercard includes another cross-atlantic heavyweight encounter in the co-feature attraction as Britain's Fabio Wardley takes on America's Michael Polite-Coffie.

Meanwhile, Felix Cash challenges Matteo Signani for the European middleweight title as fierce rival Austin 'Ammo' Williams faces River Wilson-Bent.

How dare anybody refer to that mediocre tub of lard as the body snatcher when the real body snatch it was Mike McCallum

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua has been inspired by Rocky Balboa's training methods ahead of his comeback fight against Jermaine Franklin.

Joshua has been inspired by late heavyweight Earnie Shavers ahead of his upcoming fight and has also utilised training methods made famous in the Rocky franchise such as chopping down trees.

"I was just doing some research on boxing and come across Earnie Shavers, who was known as one of the strongest punchers out there. He used to chop wood and that was their form of calisthenics, strength and conditioning. I've been focusing more on old school methods, strength and conditioning is a big part of sport now but I think there's a difference between strength and conditioning inside and outside of training camp. I think chopping trees and chopping wood is good for rotational power, from what I was researching anyway. It also makes good Instagram content!"

"I'd be lying to you if I said 'I'm going to this and this, come out southpaw'. It's all b******, I'm going to go in there and do what I do which is get that win. Let me go in there and do my job, I'm going to do my best. I'm a f****ng good fighter, I'm not going to make it overcomplicated. I'll find the gaps needed to break my opponent down," he added.

That may be the first intelligent thing that absolute useless piece of garbage has ever said in his life about Ernie shavers

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

That may be the first intelligent thing that absolute useless piece of garbage has ever said in his life about Ernie shavers
    If Ernie hit you, you stayed hit, talking bollox about logs seems to be todays PC way, together with a load of shite with thenics at the end, some folks are obviously polishing up their media bullshit skills.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All due respect but does anyone pay to see Dillian fight anybody? The yank was robbed, quel fucking suprise! No shit Sherlock!!!

Chickens, not logs, is the answer, da da dada da da da dada da coming strong now!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"When I first came in boxing, I was at Finchley Boxing Club for about a year before I got taken up to the Olympic team in Sheffield. There wasn't much of that development stage, if I was boxing from 10 years old. you kind of go through learning the game but I was always in a situation where I was preparing for big fights and tournaments. Fast forward three years as an amateur, I turned professional and three years into that I won the British title and then became world champion.

"In the back of my mind I knew I was doing good, but I wanted to actually learn boxing. Angles, movements, positioning. It's crazy because a lot of us fighters are learning whilst we're fighting. It's not the fact that I went to Derrick James looking for the old-school style, but on that quest to improve and get what I need I stumbled across him.

"I really do rate Derrick James as a trainer. Lastly, I don't want to put pressure on Derrick and say whatever happens in the future is down to him, good or bad. It's all on me but asides from what he does for me, I just think Derrick as a coach I really do rate him highly," he added.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a09a416c&ei=21

Last edited by Master; 03-26-2023 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua explains why he split with Robert Garcia ahead of comeback fight

"The situation I found myself in Garcia...I was actually working with Angel Fernandez and Angel knew that he needed to grow his experience so I left it with him to decide who he felt he would connect with best," Joshua told Big Fight Weekend. "I believe that there's not much point in the athlete in making a decision if the trainer doesn't respect the other coach in the room.

"Angel worked really well with Garcia and that's what it was, we brought him in for the Usyk fight and he did a great job. After the Usyk fight it's a new chapter so I had to go out and do what was right for me. I went out for myself coach-hunting around America and I ended up in Dallas, Texas."

Accomplished trainer Derrick James, who has coached the likes of Errol Spence Jr, will look to put Joshua back on the path to world title contention with a win against Franklin. 'AJ' is a fan of James' coaching style as the trainer has installed a "USB of boxing information" in Joshua's brain.

"It's hard to say because you take a leap of faith, so I'm not going to say I knew everything the first day I went with Derrick," he added. "One thing I like is he's about self-teaching. He is saying 'I need you to also train yourself' and I like that approach, he's installing a USB in my brain of boxing information. So when he's not there, I can switch that on and all that memory will be in my brain."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...0ccead7&ei=312

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“I will retire if I lose,” Joshua said, per the Daily Mail. “I’m not here to battle people; if people want me to retire, I will retire.

“I’m not going to fight if people don’t want me to. It’s not even about the money, it’s about the competitor in you. That’s what’s important.

“I know when I am retired, I am gonna be chilling. I’m gonna be thinking, ‘F*** everyone, I am done.’

“You lot put so much pressure on me, so when I am done, the chains are going to be gone. I am going to be laughing and loving life.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...ab0f0cd&ei=105

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“I will retire if I lose,” Joshua said, per the Daily Mail. “I’m not here to battle people; if people want me to retire, I will retire.

“I’m not going to fight if people don’t want me to. It’s not even about the money, it’s about the competitor in you. That’s what’s important.

“I know when I am retired, I am gonna be chilling. I’m gonna be thinking, ‘F*** everyone, I am done.’

“You lot put so much pressure on me, so when I am done, the chains are going to be gone. I am going to be laughing and loving life.”

Note you didn't pick the BBC piece on Joshua's 'mental health' issues, or all of the other recent interviews this week, my points, to justify the sick state of boxing are:

One interview was all about future Fury fight, why? What has that got to do with the pros and cons of this one?
    Many followed on this subject in various publications
    I have not seen an interview yet that has said ANYTHING about his opponent, nor has Joshua commented on him AT ALL.
    Is this what we call modern slavery? Like Franklin is just cannon fodder and not worth a mention?
    We've had comments about how good his new 'training' regime is, well good luck to them.............
    Shouldn't he be physically and mentally preparing for a serious match? .... Nah, thought so

They have clearly given up on the ability to hype this fight as competitive, and are relying on this shit to get some PPV or ticket sales, Joe Public ain't that stupid. I actually offered my boxing bet income stream in my local a £20 bet that Joshua would win, out of charity, because I had Usyck twice with him, and he told me to fuck off! That's what Joe public thinks.

Sorry to sit on the fence
    Last edited by nuggetdotcom; 03-28-2023 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reads like he hasn't come far from his last post-fight "what about me" rant with Usyk. Like he almost looks forward to exiting the door and not entering it. "Chains are going to be gone". Mayweather-land, minus the accomplishments tbh. And is he still doing vids of chopping down a dead tree? He's got nothing on Shavers and Foreman.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s funny because the interview I saw when asked if he would retire if he lost , he said he would decide, maybe, maybe not, win or lose. But it was his choice.
    Sometimes it’s what these Journos DON’T print in a convo is most important.
    Notwithstanding all of that, I hate when fighters talk about future plans and who they wanna fight in the week before a fight.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ is on Good Morning Britain and gave an interview just basically saying he would not retire if he lost. It was journalist being journalists.

He says he would like to face Tyson later in the year and he supports local children in his area make a better life for themselves. He also does not want his son to become a boxer.

AJ came across well.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing News does a very good job here - https://www.boxingnewsonline.net/mis...gDP6C4JuWE41ZA
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sold out
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information