Jack must be fuming.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Taylor vs Teofimo Lopez

Big fight, would have been bigger if Teo never lost when he was undisputed and Josh scraping past Caterall but still a very good fight.

Josh to win, too big, quick and aggressive for Lopez. Josh will be fully motivated.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor and Teofimo Lopez are reportedly set to face each other in a world super-lightweight title bout in the summer – much to Jack Catterall’s dismay.

This has seemingly put to bed any idea of an immediate rematch between Taylor and Catterall, who were set to meet on March 4 following the former’s controversial split decision in February 2022.

Taylor, who was dropped by Catterall in their 12-round thriller, picked up a foot injury in January which led to the eagerly-anticipated fight being postponed.

And according to ESPN, Taylor could now pit his wits against long-time rival Lopez in May or June in the UK instead of defending his WBO belt against Catterall.

Catterall isn’t happy with the news, as he reacted to it on his Instagram story with the duck emoji, suggesting Taylor backed out of the fight.

He also took to his Twitter account, where he simply posted: “Lol.”

Meanwhile, Catterall’s promoter Ben Shalom has also spoken to Sky about this potential Taylor vs Lopez clash.

“Jack’s waiting and we’re waiting. We were about to announce the fight and Josh Taylor said that he was injured and we’re still waiting on [news of] when Josh Taylor’s going to be fit.

“We have a contract for that fight. [Talk of Teofimo Lopez] is a bit confusing to us but we have a contract for the fight and we’re waiting to agree a date as soon as Josh Taylor’s fit.”

The 29-year-old then called out WBC champ Regis Prograis after tweeting, “Let’s go” to the American, who lost on points to Taylor in 2019.

Prograis instantly responded where he welcomed the prospect of a possible dust-up, as he stated: “I like it.”

Former unified lightweight champion Lopez has stepped up a division after losing his straps to George Kambosos Jr in November 2021.

The New York native and Taylor have been embroiled in a war of words of late, with Taylor labelling Lopez as a ‘clown’ on Sky Sports.

He said in November: “He is a very good, very skilled fighter, but I do believe that on my night I take him to bits.

“He’s a bit of a clown. He seems to look past his opponents all the time. It’s twice he’s made the same mistake and almost paid the price for it again.

“He thinks he’s God’s gift, and then he comes crashing back down to Earth with a bang.

“Let’s not forget, he did very well to beat [Vasyl] Lomachenko, but he beat a small, injured lightweight that really could make featherweight.”

Lopez bit back, saying to Sky: “I’d tear him up, from the body to the head, he’s not going to know which one I’m going to hurt him with.

“I actually will put him down better than what Catterall did. He won’t come back up, that’s all I can tell you.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...teofimo-lopez/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Taylor waits for Catterall to make a fight and then talks about Teo Lopez.
    I thought he was injured
    Pathetic.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I don't quite get this one. Both have talked others up, Catterall finally and Prograis, and then just quacked and waddled away to meet each other. Teo has not impressed latley and Taylor went from injured and delay to now having a certain fight path. He may have been better moving up right off to 147. Catterall being royally screwed over.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not as big a fight as it was a few years ago
    Taylor is a more complete fighter but I just don't know how he'll look after a year out of the ring

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like the fight but both guys are ducks
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

official negotiations ordered by the wbo
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor has been ordered to defend his WBO light-welterweight title against Teofimo Lopez next after a foot injury scuppered the Scot’s proposed rematch with Jack Catterall.

A voluntary defence against Catterall on March 4 in Glasgow was postponed after Taylor tore the plantar fascia tendon in his heel in sparring and the much-anticipated return bout may now be put on the backburner.

That is because the WBO has written to Bob Arum, the promoter of both Taylor and former unified lightweight champion Lopez, instructing the start of negotiations for a contest between the pair.

Lopez, who has won his last two fights since moving up to 140lbs after dropping his WBA, WBO and IBF titles to George Kambosos Jr in November 2021 in a shock defeat, is now Taylor’s mandatory challenger.

WBO chairman Luis Batista Salas outlined the terms of the fight in an official letter which stated: “In the wake of the recent postponement of the Josh Taylor/Jack Catterall WBO voluntary title defence, the WBO world championship committee is hereby ordering the commencement of negotiations for the mandatory title defence obligation in the jr. welterweight division between Josh Taylor and Teofimo Lopez, Jr.

“The camps herein are granted 10 days upon issuance of this notice to reach an agreement or purse bid proceedings shall be conducted pursuant to WBO regulations of world championship contests.

“The minimum bid for the jr. welterweight division is 150,000 US dollars. Any of the parties involved may request a purse bid ceremony at any time during the negotiation process.”

Taylor extended his perfect professional record to 19 wins from as many fights with a controversial points victory over fellow Briton Catterall 12 months ago to retain his WBC, WBA, WBO and IBF crowns.

While Taylor was given the nod by split decision, many observers felt Catterall had done enough to get the verdict. Taylor has since vacated his WBC, WBA and IBF titles.

Catterall now seems to have turned his attention to a fight against WBC champion Regis Prograis next, writing on Twitter earlier this week: “They can fight, see who is the biggest duck. Me and @RPrograis can get it on next.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...37d626ee2b6fd4

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack Catterall has condemned Josh Taylor for not going ahead with their expected rematch.

"He talked about sacrificing so much to make the fight happen. I believe the fight with Josh is big enough to happen without a world title," Catterall told Sky Sports.

"If he's that confident of beating me and then moving up to 147lbs, fight me without a title. I'd be all open for that.

"But all of a sudden he's staying at 140lbs, he's fighting Lopez for the WBO. It doesn't make any sense to me.

"If he's that confident of beating me and then moving up, let's do it with no world title."

Catterall condemned the move that would see Taylor now fight Lopez instead.

"I can't put any more energy into Josh Taylor," Catterall said.

"I've lost all confidence in him now. Numerous times he's pulled out the fight and this time was the cherry on top, pulling out the fight and then a week later announcing negotiations with another fighter at 140lbs.

"I don't like the sound of it so it's time to focus on me. I've got a family to feed and I want to go and win world titles."

Catterall stepped aside so that Taylor could have the undisputed championship fight with Jose Ramirez in 2021. But the saga between the rivals has now meant Catterall has only boxed once since November 2020.

"It's been going on and on and ultimately Josh has kept me out of the ring now coming up for another year so frustrating times," Catterall said.

"It's not good enough. I was gracious enough to step aside and let Josh challenge for undisputed and I guess he repaid that back. We had the fight. [But then] we've seen the controversy.

"He's constantly contradicting himself. He's going to 'give me the chance to put things right'. He obviously believes things weren't right as much as he says he won the fight.

"It's time to move on from Josh. I can't keep stalling my career and waiting on him."

Catterall is now targeting the WBC champion Regis Prograis and revealed negotiations to make a fight with him are under way.

"The talks are ongoing now. We've had communication with his team. I believe we're not too far off. As long as Regis is happy and accepts the fight I don't think we're a million miles away now," he said.

Catterall could go straight into that fight next. "Most definitely. I'm not interested in a tune up fight," he said.

"I want to challenge myself and test myself against the top boys in the division and Regis is one of them.

"I look after myself. I'm training, I'm sparring, I'm resting and really firing on all cylinders. So I don't see any need for a tune up fight," Catterall continued.

"I know Regis is wanting to get out and get active as am I. I was preparing for Josh, who's a southpaw, in a matter of weeks. I've been sparring southpaws for two years now, you've got another southpaw in Prograis so let's get the fight on.

"I'm confident this Prograis fight can be made and can be made imminently as long as he accepts terms. I don't see why that fight can't be made in six, eight, 10 weeks' time."

Prograis conceded a majority decision to Josh Taylor in an exciting 2019 clash at the O2 Arena in London, losing the WBA title he held.

The American subsequently rebuilt and in November knocked out Jose Zepeda to win the WBC belt and become a two-time world champion.

"There's a lot of respect for Regis," Catterall said. "We've seen Josh fight Prograis, I think Josh was lucky to get the decision in that fight.

"I want to test myself. I want to fight the best boys in the division. Regis, two-time world champion, in my opinion I think he beat Josh and he's had some great fights. I want to get stuck in. I want to take that title off him.

"We want the Prograis fight and the talks are ongoing for that now and that's where my attention is.

"My message to Regis is: nobody's ducking, I'm coming straight for you.

"For me it's about my best possible route to a world title," he added. "You've got Lopez ducking Regis Prograis, Josh ducking me. So we can let those two fight now.

"That fight between me and Prograis is a massive fight, WBC world title and it's one that I want to get my hands on.

"So this is a message to Prograis: let's get it on. I'm not ducking anyone, I'm coming directly to you."

Taylor though has not ruled out boxing Catterall again. It raises the possibility that, should they come through separate fights next, they could potentially meet in a huge title unification.

"In an ideal world I beat Regis, Josh beats Lopez and we can get that fight on. That fight's always going to be there with Josh," Catterall said. "In an ideal world that is what we would like. But I'm not over-confident.

"I do think Lopez beats him. [In his last fight] Lopez didn't look great but I'm backing Lopez to beat him."

A potential rematch with Taylor though will continue to haunt him. "That is a great fight for British boxing and a great fight for my career," Catterall said.

"We would love to revisit it and put a stamp on it and win conclusively."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...09a43af9f0896c

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

team teo has been assured that josh can enter the usa

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor is set to defend his WBO light-welterweight title against Teofimo Lopez after terms were agreed for a fight in New York on 10 June.

Alhough a deal is yet to be formally signed, the 32-year-old Scot has consented to take on Lopez, the American who shot to stardom with a stunning win over Vasyl Lomachenko in 2020.

Taylor had been due to face English rival Jack Catterall in a long-awaited rematch before sustaining a foot injury that led to a postponement.

A venue has not been confirmed for the meeting with Lopez, 25, but Madison Square Garden is one of the options under consideration.

Having become the division's undisputed champion with victory over Jose Ramirez in May 2021, Taylor vacated three of the four belts to facilitate a rematch with Catterall after their first fight ended in a controversial points win for the Tartan Tornado in Glasgow last February.

Whether that rematch now takes place at some point in the future is unclear.

Lopez's unanimous points win over Lomachenko added the WBA, WBO and WBC 'franchise' lightweight titles to his IBF title, but he subsequently lost the belts in his next outing when he suffered a shock defeat to George Kambosos.

In 2022, Lopez beat Pedro Campa then overcame Sandor Martin on a split decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/64747158

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's finally happening, Josh Taylor and Teofimo Lopez will go head-to-head on June 10 when Taylor defends his WBO super lightweight title against the former undisputed champion at 135lbs.

However, Taylor has already accused his American rival of being mentally 'fragile' after failing to appear ringside during Shakur Stevenson's fight this past weekend to announce the contest.

"I've come over here to say hello to him and he's went away hiding," Taylor told Sky Sports.

"I flew over halfway across the world to come say hello to him and pull him up really. See what are you going to say, what time is it? But he's not here. He's not showed up. He's got no backside.

"So you can see he's a little bit fragile and a little bit mentally weak. So I can definitely use that to my advantage."

This will be Taylor's first fight since he controversially overcame Jack Catterall last year, and since then he has been forced to vacate all but one of his world super lightweight titles due to circumstances surrounding a Catterall rematch and mandatory challengers.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...9cefb6b&ei=126

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ideal fight poster might read "Battle of mind & body"". I cannot get away from thinking Taylor will patch together one last prime show.

Thread Information