Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: CAN LARRY MERCHANT JUST GIVE A STRAIGHT YES OR NO ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION WITHOUT

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAN LARRY MERCHANT JUST GIVE A STRAIGHT YES OR NO ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default CAN LARRY MERCHANT JUST GIVE A STRAIGHT YES OR NO ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION

CAN LARRY MERCHANT JUST GIVE A STRAIGHT YES OR NO ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION WITHOUT BABBLING UNCONTROLABLY
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CAN LARRY MERCHANT JUST GIVE A STRAIGHT YES OR NO ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION WITHOUT

He's definitely a babbling idiot.

If he was just a drunk I wouldn't care one bit, but he's an irrelevant old drunk who obviously has delusions that everything he says is really, really interesting because
    he delivers every line so slowly and deliberately that it's just f#cking excrutiating.

The man's not going to retire on his own, it's time for HBO to force him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CAN LARRY MERCHANT JUST GIVE A STRAIGHT YES OR NO ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION

Larry Merchant is the funniest thing HBO has. You get rid of him and Championship Boxing will seriously suck. I use to hate him, now I find him hysterical. You can't tell me you don't look forward to his post fight interview questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CAN LARRY MERCHANT JUST GIVE A STRAIGHT YES OR NO ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION

K, SO IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT WANTS A RABID DOG TO GO AFTER HIS THROAT WHILE HE IS DELIVERING A MONOLOG
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher
    Larry Merchant is the funniest thing HBO has. You get rid of him and Championship Boxing will seriously suck. I use to hate him, now I find him hysterical. You can't tell me you don't look forward to his post fight interview questions.
    TRUE HE IS LAUGHABLE
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No offence...but anyone that questions the man's knowledge...well...I gotta question them.

Merchant has been involved in boxing commentating & sports in general for years & years & years. He's a well of knowledge & he (IWO) covers all the grounds that he should. He also asks the questions that most commentators wouldn't.

Honestly...I think that he's a bit long winded...but most commentators are & in the end...they should be.

I'd rather hear him embellish than I would listen to just a play by play...any drunken idiot can do that...errrrrrrrrrrrrrr...hey waitagotdaminutenow!

Heh heh heh. If one can't poke fun at one's self...who can one poke fun at?

One name comes to mind...he knows who he is.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 71HOOKS
    K, SO IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT WANTS A RABID DOG TO GO AFTER HIS THROAT WHILE HE IS DELIVERING A MONOLOG
    Actually...you should edit the poll & give someone a chance to vote in support of him.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aww C'mon Wacko, I'm not saying the man doesn't know his boxing.

I don't want to hear Merchant for the same reasons I don't wanna watch a Holyfield fight. How senile are we gonna have to see him get? He's already well past going out on top, at this point he just needs to stop embarrassing himself.

I suppose though, if you think his mind is still a steel trap then we can just agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FLH2o
    Aww C'mon Wacko, I'm not saying the man doesn't know his boxing.

I don't want to hear Merchant for the same reasons I don't wanna watch a Holyfield fight. How senile are we gonna have to see him get? He's already well past going out on top, at this point he just needs to stop embarrassing himself.

I suppose though, if you think his mind is still a steel trap then we can just agree to disagree.
    NEITHER AM I BUT HE IS ANNOYING AS SIN!!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can Larry Merchant give a straight yes or no answer ..........

Well, sometimes not really but maybe.

Signed

Larry Merchant Oops X
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    No offence...but anyone that questions the man's knowledge...well...I gotta question them.

Merchant has been involved in boxing commentating & sports in general for years & years & years. He's a well of knowledge & he (IWO) covers all the grounds that he should. He also asks the questions that most commentators wouldn't.

Honestly...I think that he's a bit long winded...but most commentators are & in the end...they should be.

I'd rather hear him embellish than I would listen to just a play by play...any drunken idiot can do that...errrrrrrrrrrrrrr...hey waitagotdaminutenow!
    The man definitely knows his boxing history--that's not why he's obnoxious. He's obnoxious because he can't just speak straight-up; everything has to be a not-quite-working analogy spoken in a smug tone, because he obviously thinks that everything that comes out of his mouth is profound.

That said, the post-fight interviews are hilarious sometimes. Merchant is such an old curmudgeon and does not have any sense of awe of (or even respect for, half of the time) any of these fighters, which leads to really funny (in a cringing kind of way) questions.

"After what was obviously a totally lopsided loss, [meaningful pause], what's next? Is this the end of [25 year old fighter's name's] career?"

"You seemed to have no answer for his left. Was it just that you are too slow, or was it more [meaningful pause] that you are simply a B minus boxer, [meaningful pause], while he is an A boxer?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well,

on a night where so many inconsistencies reined true, and so many........ mysterious... occurances

occurred.......................................... .. when will we see.................

a................................................. ....

time for a return.............................

to the way...................

it once was............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ............

jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAHAHAAHA
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whahahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 71HOOKS
    CAN LARRY MERCHANT JUST GIVE A STRAIGHT YES OR NO ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION WITHOUT BABBLING UNCONTROLABLY
    I like Merchant, He just tells you how it is... Very honest and blunt person. Good for boxing commentary.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information