Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Felix Sturm

another robbery in germany, they robbed miguel vasquez just recently as well
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Felix Sturm

It's Felix Sturm, it's tradition.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Felix Sturm

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    It's Felix Sturm, it's tradition.
    Remember when he fought oscar?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or cours, everyone remembers that

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Former two-weight world champion Felix Sturm has reportedly been placed behind bars. The German boxer is currently facing two years and four months in prison for tax evasion and violation of anti-doping laws.

Public prosecutor Stephanie Beller, responsible for economic criminal matters at the Cologne public prosecutor's office, told the German newspaper BILD: "I can confirm that the person has been in open custody since February 28. The verdict at that time was: Two years and four months for tax evasion and violation of the anti-doping law."

The same publication claims Sturm has been imprisoned at the JVA Euskirchen open prison for a week now. Sturm was arrested in Cologne back in April 2019 for tax evasion in the amount of £890,000 (€1m) and was then placed in custody for eight months. After handing in his passports and posting bail he was allowed to leave prison but has since been locked up again.

Back in 2015, Germany's parliament passed a law that foresees jail terms and stiff fines for top athletes, coaches and managers who use or acquire banned performance-enhancing drugs. Sturm sued his way out of his contract with former promoter Universum Box promotion in 2009. The 44-year-old then allegedly pocketed undeclared funds from 13 "self-promoted".

In addition to the allegations of tax evasion, Sturm is said to have doped with the banned drug stanozolol ahead of his WBA (super) super-middleweight title fight with Fedor Chudinov in February 2016. Sturm won the fight after previously losing their inaugural encounter nine months earlier.

Speaking at the time, Sturm denied ever knowingly ingesting the banned substance but was banned from boxing for two years. "At first I was shocked," Sturm told German news agency SID. "This is all very strange, mainly that it took eight weeks until I was told the results. Germany's professional boxers' association was not informed of the positive test either, just me and my fitness trainer."

During the course of a 21-year stint in the paid ranks, Sturm picked up multiple world titles at middleweight and super-middleweight. The Leverkusen-born fighter is well known among UK boxing fans for his battles with Brits Darren Barker, Martin Murray and Matthew Macklin.

Following his second fight with Chudinov and the proceeding doping ban, Sturm didn't box for four years before returning in 2020. After beating previously undefeated prospects Timo Rost and James Kraft he fell to defeat against Hungaria's Istvan Szili before rebounding in his most recent fight with a win over Sukru Altay last month.

Sturm's real name is Adnan Catic. For marketing reasons, he fights under the stage name Felix Sturm. In addition to his German citizenship, he also has a Bosnian passport with his parents being ethnic Bosniaks.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/othe...360b41b4&ei=37
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope This means sturms next card will be broadcast from the penitentiary! Get Roy back rapping too. It'll be great.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Hope This means sturms next card will be broadcast from the penitentiary! Get Roy back rapping too. It'll be great.
    he could fight avtandil khurtsidze if that guys still in prison, a prison fight would probably sell well
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah I forgot about him, he was on a pretty good run he had Billie Joe Saunders scared at their meetings.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've seen some james scott video's that i think were held in a prison & broadcast on major networks. spicoli might have some info on them

Thread Information