Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Ryder 6/5/23

He wants bivol, good for him that's a good match up for someone claiming to be the king of boxing, not sure what he plans on doing differently but hats off to the bravery.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo said he wants dmirty with same rules & terms, same everything. got to give him credit for taking on a serious challenge again if it happens
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JOHN RYDER confirmed he suffered a broken nose against Canelo Alvarez but bravely boxed on to hear the final bell.

The Londoner travelled to Guadalajara to be in the opposite corner for Canelo's Mexican homecoming.

But he was unable to upset the applecart in his challenge for the undisputed WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO world titles.

Ryder suffered a busted nose in the opening stages of the fight and was floored in round five with a right hand but survived to tell the tale.

He told Matchroom Boxing: “After all these years of boxing, it’s the first time I broke my nose.

“It was a new experience. Got back to my corner, towel in my face, just couldn’t breathe. There was blood going back down my throat.

"It was a new experience but obviously I've got a good calming corner, calmed me down.

"And then after that, it was just hard to sit down and get my breathing. So I was standing up throughout the rounds.

"Like I said, new experience, I felt I won the first two rounds quite well. I was boxing sensibly.

"Then I just got careless in the last second, leaned forward, and took that big uppercut."

Fans hailed Ryder for his gallant effort in Canelo's backyard.

One said: "What a tough man. He deserves every penny."

Another added: "Heart! Could have gave up or stayed down after the knockdowns. Not in his blood! Earned a fan in me."

Ryder, 34, became the EIGHTH Brit to lose to Canelo, 32, and gave his respect to the pound-for-pound star following defeat.

He said: “Listen, I always thought he was very good. He’s good, he sets traps, he's there.

"Even when you think you’re having success - which I was in the first couple of rounds - you could see that he was downloading information to stick it on in the later rounds and set the traps."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22279...n-nose-canelo/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    He wants bivol, good for him that's a good match up for someone claiming to be the king of boxing, not sure what he plans on doing differently but hats off to the bravery.
    Not necessarily, Alvarez said he wants exactly the same terms …. The first fight was at Light Heavy, for Bivol’s title with Canelo being paid as the A side and with a rematch clause.

Bivol - who I reckon has the perfect style to beat Alvarez and who is a small light heavy - Wants the rematch to be at Super Middle for all of Canelo’s titles.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    British boxer John Ryder claims he will be no pushover as he prepares to fight Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez for the undisputed super middleweight titles this weekend.

They all say that. He'll be British victim # 8 for Canelo, who should by now acknowledge that British fighters have contributed immensely to his artificial, and carefully built up (cough) "legacy."

Ryder, like Fielding four and a half years ago, will lose by predictable knockout.

Useless fight.

He should fight Bivol again, so this time Bivol will hopefully KTFO him... and/or stop avoiding Benavidez, with the "I don't fight Mexicans" excuse. (That didn't apply for JCC Jr., I guess).

Sorry I missed the fight. I have this rule of not watching movies I already know the ending to. Besides... I was watching some real competitions (NBA games).

So now that this interlude has been dispensed with... is it fair to expect the next fight to be against a real opponent?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They need to implement a limit on how many UK soft seats a top fighter can take. So many deserving fighters skipped while Canelo filled his pockets on no hopers.

I’m not judging Canelo’s legacy in total, he’s got a fantastic CV. Just, imagine if instead of Rocky Fielding he had fought Jermall Charlo, instead of John Ryder he had fought Artur Beterbiev. And so on, could have been a historic CV instead of so many cash grabs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    They need to implement a limit on how many UK soft seats a top fighter can take. So many deserving fighters skipped while Canelo filled his pockets on no hopers.

I’m not judging Canelo’s legacy in total, he’s got a fantastic CV. Just, imagine if instead of Rocky Fielding he had fought Jermall Charlo, instead of John Ryder he had fought Artur Beterbiev. And so on, could have been a historic CV instead of so many cash grabs.
    Can’t argue too much with your stance on this. Except to say that if you mug Americans weren’t prepared to pay to watch these mismatches, and stump up the big money, they wouldn’t have happened.
    You can say “yeah but it’s Mexican money, yadda yadda bullshit, but apart from last night’s fight , they were all in the states, many in Vegas.
    He fought Fielding instead of Charlo because Fielding had something he wanted (a title at another weight) and he thought Ryder instead of Beterbiev because there was clearly less risk.
    If you were a Boxer , you would probably be handled and manoeuvred the same way.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Uk Softseats" and "British victims" is such disrespectful bullshit.

The USA is 40 times bigger than the UK.

There are 11 states into which you can fit all of our Islands.

We do pretty well considering, and any British belt holder willing to get into the ring is a real opponent.

He didn't "lose by predictable Knockout" either.

Jeez.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

i'm not going to give canelo grief about not fighting artur yet. dmitry has been in the same division & they have both been champions since late two thousand seventeen. we've been waiting for that fight longer than errol v terence. i would have liked to see canelo crush jermall. with boxing being more of a business all those invested in canelo want to maximize their profits. "could have been a historic cv" could be said of many other fighters as well

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    "Uk Softseats" and "British victims" is such disrespectful bullshit.

The USA is 40 times bigger than the UK.

There are 11 states into which you can fit all of our Islands.

We do pretty well considering, and any British belt holder willing to get into the ring is a real opponent.

He didn't "lose by predictable Knockout" either.

Jeez.

Hey, you guys do extremely well in boxing... and your size argument (vs the USA) is on point and to me... relatable. I've made the same point regarding PR vs other countries.

But c'mon... look at each individual Canelo fight vs a British opponent. Call it bad luck... call it coincidence. The fact of the matter is Ginger has fattened his "artificially enhanced" legacy against a healthy number of British fighters.

Let's start with the circus show against Amir Khan. Hardly Amir's fault, except for seeking the fight to begin with. An undersized, weak-chinned fighter just waiting to be swatted by the first punch Canelo threw in earnest.
    And down he went.

Liam Smith was undefeated. Then wilts against Canelo.

Rocky "Frigging" Fielding. A weak-ass champion that Canelo spotted like a lion spotting a deer at the watering hole. BOOM... another damn trinket.

Callum Smith. Had all the size advantage in the world, and was undefeated. FINALLY... a chance for someone from the UK to beat this dude. So he folds like a cheap lawn chair.

Billy Joe Saunders. All credit in the world to BJS. HE came to fight. But Ginger, who had started his career at light welter... somehow mustered up enough power to break Billy's eye socket.

John Ryder. By now the script is all too real. No... he didn't lose by predictable knockout. But people are knocking Canelo on that one... saying he's slipping.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Five... nice. I like how they stopped just short of Avni Yildirim.

Cute stat. Yet it fails to qualify how one of them is GGG, who was already robbed in their first fight, and was going up to 168 for the first time ever... AND... at age 40. I don't care HOW he's rated. That's a meaningless rehash.

Another of the five is Bivol, who actually beat the shit out of him. So there's that.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Five... nice. I like how they stopped just short of Avni Yildirim.

Cute stat. Yet it fails to qualify how one of them is GGG, who was already robbed in their first fight, and was going up to 168 for the first time ever... AND... at age 40. I don't care HOW he's rated. That's a meaningless rehash.

Another of the five is Bivol, who actually beat the shit out of him. So there's that.
    the tweet doesn't say anything about quality or who won, only about canelo's opponents being rated top ten. & it doesn't stop at avni, it actually say tenth out of his last eleven

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here's the gabriel v stevie fight for anyone interested. had to upload to odysee to avoid copyright
    https://odysee.com/@Ciarop_Poree:9/V...nE2T8EVdBtoJzj

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw this in Facebook and had to share. It was in Spanish, but I'll translate it here.

"With a broken nose from the 2nd round, knocked down in the 5th and wobbled in different parts of the fight. Even so, John Ryder never gave up, in fact didn’t sit down throughout most of the fight. The guy showed lots of guts and heart, he deserves our applause.

Note: Ryder should lend his testicles to Ryan Garcia."

Thread Information