Remember Foreman used to like to shove fighters backwards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 1973 George Foreman vs 1942 Joe Louis

​My video shows exactly how Joe and his era fought. In that video, does that version of Joe look like he or anybody else would land anything on foreman or people he fought?

Look up foreman louis advanced on youtube

he and guys from his time look like novices compared side by side to no names Foreman fought, and in no way does anyone from that era look like they would last 1 round vs. guys in the 70s-'90s so why did clearly not sane people say louis wins?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me, this guy really don’t like Joe Louis!
    Reminds me of the guy on here a few years back that absolutely hated Muhammad Ali , and I used to wind him up say that Ali shagged his Mum and nicked his sandwiches!
    Fuck me, what was his name again??

Edit. @Bill Paxtom . Fuck me , whatever happened to old Billy boy!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Does the Brown Bomber get bombed? Or can he keep George off him like Ali did? Who wins this matchup? Both in their prime.

The size difference would be to big.

In his prime Foreman weighed usually 230 pounds (16.4 stone) where as Joe Louis used weighed about 200 pounds (14.2 stone)

How does a cruiserweight beat Foreman ? Too small, too light, not fast enough. But even with a weight disadvantage, I would not be surprised if Louis was able to pick his shots and take apart the wide-swinging Foreman with pin-point accurate counter punches.

But let's say they had to weigh roughly the same ?

Joe Louis ALL DAY.

Fighters in Joe Louis era's had to deal with much harder living conditions. It was rare that fighters became rich and pampered so early in their careers. Their hunger to win was real. Back in the day fighters used to fight on the streets, the docks, anywhere there was events that held those fights.

PROPER HARD BASTARDS

They had no drugs to save them from death whatsoever. They didn`t even have penicillin untill 1943. People of the times if they survived infancy they were strong babies.and to make it to their teen-age years they had to be very strong of body and durability. The amount of illnesses that could kill one at the time was real, people died from the common measles, chicken-pox, scarlet fever, flues of all types.

You name it and it was there to kill you.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 01-09-2024 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Does the Brown Bomber get bombed? Or can he keep George off him like Ali did? Who wins this matchup? Both in their prime.

The size difference would be to big.

In his prime Foreman weighed usually 230 pounds (16.4 stone) where as Joe Louis used weighed about 200 pounds (14.2 stone)

How does a cruiserweight beat Foreman ? Too small, too light, not fast enough. But even with a weight disadvantage, I would not be surprised if Louis was able to pick his shots and take apart the wide-swinging Foreman with pin-point accurate counter punches.

But let's say they had to weigh roughly the same ?

Joe Louis ALL DAY.

Fighters in Joe Louis era's had to deal with much harder living conditions. It was rare that fighters became rich and pampered so early in their careers. Their hunger to win was real. Back in the day fighters used to fight on the streets, the docks, anywhere there was events that held those fights.

PROPER HARD BASTARDS

They had no drugs to save them from death whatsoever. They didn`t even have penicillin untill 1943. People of the times if they survived infancy they were strong babies. and to make it to their teen-age years they had to be very strong of body and durability. The amount of illnesses that could kill one at the time was real, people died from the common measles, chicken-pox, scarlet fever, flues of all types.

You name it and it was there to kill you.
    ​My video shows exactly how Joe and his era fought. In that video, does that version of Joe look like he or anybody else would land anything on foreman or people he fought?

he and guys from his time look like novices compared side by side to no names Foreman fought, and in no way does anyone from that era look like they would last 1 round vs. guys in the 70s-'90s

so why say Joe all day if foreman weighted the same?, when the issue isn't weight it's the movements

The video clearly shows his whole era were novice like compared in angles/tech/fluidity/timing/defense and they fought really dumb to a lot of times standing right in front of the opposition and waiting for them to counter or to hit them, i specifically chose no names to show even those guys were way more advanced than the whole louis era

https://youtu.be/a27vtfAuSyI?si=3auld8tUUiYmttu3
    Last edited by joe smith; 01-10-2024 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little bit of a head scratcher there but maybe I'm just having a slow day . And welcome to the forum Joe..

but are you saying Foreman was a better technical fighter with better timing and fluidity than Louis. To go from Foreman vs ex footballer Jimmy Ellis to Joe Frazier is a bit interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Little bit of a head scratcher there but maybe I'm just having a slow day . And welcome to the forum Joe..

but are you saying Foreman was a better technical fighter with better timing and fluidity than Louis. To go from Foreman vs ex footballer Jimmy Ellis to Joe Frazier is a bit interesting.

he and guys from his time look like novices compared side by side to no names Foreman fought, and in no way does anyone from that era look like they would last 1 round vs. guys in the 70s-'90s

The video clearly shows his whole era louis fought in were novice like compared in angles/tech/fluidity/timing/defense they fought really dumb to alot of times standing right in front of the opposition and waiting for them to counter or to hit them, i specifically chose no names to show even those guys were way more advanced than the whole louis era

So no I'm not saying anything video proves me right
    Last edited by joe smith; 01-09-2024 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by joe smith View Post

The video clearly shows his whole era louis fought in were novice like compared in angles/tech/fluidity/timing/defense they fought really dumb to alot of times standing right in front of the opposition and waiting for them to counter or to hit them, i specifically chose no names to show even those guys were way more advanced than the whole louis era

Ok just checking, think we've read that about 10 times or so . Just so we're clear Foreman was in no way a better boxer than Joe Louis. Up until today that could go without saying though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The video clearly shows his whole era louis fought in were novice like compared in angles/tech/fluidity/timing/defense they fought really dumb to alot of times standing right in front of the opposition and waiting for them to counter or to hit them, I specifically chose no names to show even those guys were way more advanced than the whole louis era

Ok just checking, think we've read that about 10 times or so . Just so we're clear Foreman was in no way a better boxer than Joe Louis. Up until today that could go without saying though
    You can move along trolling video clearly shows everything I said is fact Joe faced novices compared how is that better ? It's not so stop you're so hurt by the truth you're not sane
    Last edited by joe smith; 01-09-2024 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can move along trolling lunatic video clearly shows everything I said is fact
    Whatever you say there Spammy. Foreman decimating Frazier...Louis vs Tony Galento . Brilliant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The video clearly shows his whole era louis fought in were novice like compared in angles/tech/fluidity/timing/defense they fought really dumb to alot of times standing right in front of the opposition and waiting for them to counter or to hit them, I specifically chose no names to show even those guys were way more advanced than the whole louis era

You can move along trolling lunatic video clearly shows everything I said is fact
    Whatever you say there Spammy. Foreman decimating Frazier...Louis vs Tony Galento . Brilliant.
    Yup it's whatever I say yet it's on video like Seek Help lunatic, while you're at it find a way to bring the fiction louis you created to life and replace the so-called clone on my video, and delete the footage we have now since you have that power to
    Last edited by joe smith; 01-09-2024 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup it's whatever I say yet it's on video like Seek Help lunatic, while you're at it find a way to bring the fiction louis you created to life and replace the so-called clone on my video
    That is Foreman fighting a hapless ex football player and motioning the ref to stop the fight yes? The same Foreman who fought 5 old retired hapless journeyman in the span of one night in Quebec to get his confidence back? But Louis fought nothing but novices right . Gotcha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup it's whatever I say yet it's on video like Seek Help lunatic, while you're at it find a way to bring the fiction louis you created to life and replace the so-called clone on my video
    That is Foreman fighting a hapless ex football player and motioning the ref to stop the fight yes? The same Foreman who fought 5 old retired hapless journeyman in the span of one night in Quebec to get his confidence back? But Louis fought nothing but novices right . Gotcha.

An ex-player? It's multiple people foreman fought in the video so what are you talking about 1 man for?, And yeah Joe fought novices compared the video clearly shows they were way less advanced in angles/tech/fluidity/defense/timing

All you're doing is exposing yourself by even trying to use words to alter the video you do know that don't you,where's you're video proof to go over mine to show they were as advanced? Show the full rounds like me
    Last edited by joe smith; 01-09-2024 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An ex-player? It's multiple people foreman fought in the video so what are you talking about 1 man for?, And yeah Joe fought novices compared the video clearly shows they were way less advanced in angles/tech/fluidity/defense/timing

All you're doing is exposing yourself by even trying to use words to alter the video you do know that don't you,where's you're video proof to go over mine to show they were as advanced? Show the full rounds like me
    What you're failing at in your tunnel vision is to simply watch in your vid the angles, technic, defense and feet of Foreman and Louis side by side. That's what actually matters. You don't really think Louis would struggle terribly with a Jimmy Ellis or honestly even a Moorer do you?

Thread Information