Thread: Lyndon Arthur v Braian Nahuel Suarez - Friday 24th March 2023 channel 5

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lyndon Arthur v Braian Nahuel Suarez - Friday 24th March 2023 channel 5

Lyndon Arthur will face Braian Nahuel Suarez this weekend, with the Manchester born fighter facing his first world title shot in Bolton on Friday night.

In his third fight in six months, Arthur takes on Argentine Suarez (18-1-0) for the IBO light-heavyweight title. The 31-year-old, formerly of Collyhurst & Moston ABC, faces the biggest night of his career so far with the vacant belt on the line at the Bolton Whites Hotel at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Arthur (21-1-0), has fought at the venue recently, with his TKO win against Walter Gabriel Sequeira in September 2022 followed up with a win by the same method against Joel McIntyre in December. Suarez, meanwhile, beat Mauricio Roberto Caceda via knockout in January.

The main event taking place at 10:00 p.m. GMT.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ht-tv-26515682
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lyndon Arthur v Braian Nahuel Suarez - Friday 24th March 2023 channel 5

Lyndon Arthur had beaten Yarde well in their first contest, but was surprisingly stopped in the rematch.

Arthur believes he went wrong "just in not believing that [Yarde] could do any different".

"That cost me," he explained. "I was overconfident. [Physically] I prepared well but I didn't prepare mentally.

"It's a hard pill to swallow. It will either make you or break you."

If he keeps winning, he believes a third fight with Yarde can happen.

"I'm sure it will happen eventually. If it doesn't, it's nothing that I'm going to be hurt about. But it is 1-1 and I feel it makes sense," Arthur said. "But if it doesn't happen, it is what it is."

Joshua Buatsi, the WBA's no. 1 ranked contender, and new European light-heavy champion Dan Azeez are also on Arthur's hitlist.

"Most definitely. The fights will definitely happen," Arthur told Sky Sports.

He boxed Buatsi in the final of the national elite amateur championships and the two have sparred more recently.

"I respect Buatsi a lot," Arthur said. "Buatsi's very good. You learn from sparring good people and I did when I was out there.

"It's one of them. We are in the same division. I'm sure these fights will happen."

He would also relish a European title fight with Azeez.

"I think that fight's going to happen, personally. I think mine and his style will make a great fight. Obviously I believe I'll be victorious," he said. "It'll be fun."

But those plans hinge on beating Suarez on Friday. "I think he's a good fighter, a solid fighter. He seems tough, he seems rugged," Arthur said of the Argentine. "Only lost one, knocked a lot of people out."

Arthur expects to deliver though. "Just a great performance, a solid performance," he promised. "Me doing what I do best, back to winning ways."

That's what he needs to do - keep winning and, Arthur is sure, those fights will come.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...04cd0e3&ei=128

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lyndon Arthur v Braian Nahuel Suarez - Friday 24th March 2023 channel 5

Missed the main event!

There was a late replacement for Arthur. He won via a decision.

Walker v Gardner on now at 11.40. I am going to bed.

Thread Information