Default Canelo selling his mega-yacht

https://www.essentiallysports.com/bo...million-yacht/

Selling his $60 million yacht for 5.9

Hmm...

Either

a) Sunk, recovered, and has water damage

b) The "Canelo currency" is severely devalued

c) Canelo's planning an early retirement and is cashing in his assets

d) Canelo found he has an adversity to deep waters (in more ways than one)

e) Money laundering

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo selling his mega-yacht

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/bo...million-yacht/

Selling his $60 million yacht for 5.9

Hmm...

Either

a) Sunk, recovered, and has water damage

b) The "Canelo currency" is severely devalued

c) Canelo's planning an early retirement and is cashing in his assets

d) Canelo found he has an adversity to deep waters (in more ways than one)

e) Money laundering

Unlikely it was more than ten brand new. It can cost a million a year to keep a yacht of that size depending on where it's moored. It can cost over a million a year to moor it somewhere like Monaco. That's a lot of scratch for a glorified motorboat.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a metaphor for the decline and downsizing of Canelo. He was always bigger than his opponents and made the weight on his own territory. Waited for big challenge's to go old, grew up in size by eating contaminated cows, found punching power with special gloves but got too big for his boots facing a champion too strong.

Canelo ship has sailed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn't have said it better myself.

(Well... only to add that, just like Canelo's career... yes... the yacht was likely overpriced to begin with).

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bargain for anybody with a spare £5million.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

(Well... only to add that, just like Canelo's career... yes... the yacht was likely overpriced to begin with).
    couldnt resist coodja lol.... you know Lil 'Cinn is movin up to HW soon, jus waiting for his hand to heal.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He actually named his lil Yacht after himself . Well no points off for originality. I mean spice it up. Promote his next um fight all in one for the sale, rename it "SS Safe~Harbor" maybe

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It actually shows he's learning how to be sensible with money. He's getting rid of stuff like this now while he's still earning. Wait until he's retired and it's draining his income and it looks like he's giving it up because he can't afford it anymore. Lots of people can't face losing face by giving up their toys or various lifestyle stuff when their income drops and they keep it all up until it bankrupts them. This is good news for him that he's getting a handle on how to go on, or at least he has good advisors.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    He actually named his lil Yacht after himself . Well no points off for originality. I mean spice it up. Promote his next um fight all in one for the sale, rename it "SS Safe~Harbor" maybe
    😆😆😆 How bout SS Clenbuterol

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    It actually shows he's learning how to be sensible with money. He's getting rid of stuff like this now while he's still earning. Wait until he's retired and it's draining his income and it looks like he's giving it up because he can't afford it anymore. Lots of people can't face losing face by giving up their toys or various lifestyle stuff when their income drops and they keep it all up until it bankrupts them. This is good news for him that he's getting a handle on how to go on, or at least he has good advisors.
    But why not earn on the investment. Pretty much a literal vacation 'home'. Upgrades, additions etc. Sure he's a ba'zillionaire but maybe he just doesn't want to be seen as a scalper. No crime in selling your toys for small profit. Shit I sold a Kirk Gibson card and D&D diecast miniatures for hundreds last year . Closest I'll ever get to a yacht.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo does not want to end up like Floyd, desperate for attention and fighting in empty stadiums, because all the money in the world does not buy love.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo does not want to end up like Floyd, desperate for attention and fighting in empty stadiums, because all the money in the world does not buy love.
    Very profound Birthday boy. But I think Lennon and McCartney wrote it first.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LMAO at the proposed yacht name!!

While the underlying meaning may escape some, (who might just think in nautical terms)... it wouldn't go unnoticed by boxing fans everywhere.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But why not earn on the investment. Pretty much a literal vacation 'home'. Upgrades, additions etc. Sure he's a ba'zillionaire but maybe he just doesn't want to be seen as a scalper. No crime in selling your toys for small profit. Shit I sold a Kirk Gibson card and D&D diecast miniatures for hundreds last year . Closest I'll ever get to a yacht.
    I actually googled it to see if he was trying to make money off it and it turns out he is!

https://www.charterworld.com/index.h...ort-yacht-8186

That would be three million a year but he'll only be getting a percentage of that. Some firm will be renting it and they'll be providing a crew and doing maintenance and so on. I would guess that it's only being rented less than half the time to the point that it's still costing him money to own the thing so he's getting rid of it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually googled it to see if he was trying to make money off it and it turns out he is!

https://www.charterworld.com/index.h...ort-yacht-8186

That would be three million a year but he'll only be getting a percentage of that. Some firm will be renting it and they'll be providing a crew and doing maintenance and so on. I would guess that it's only being rented less than half the time to the point that it's still costing him money to own the thing so he's getting rid of it.
    Ah that's interesting, so let the coin keep coming. Like a gradual resale maybe. It really does resemble a stacked-up speed boat. Odd that some of the promotional stills still have the old name and logo.

Thread Information