Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Harlem Euban v Christian Uruzquieta Friday 31st March Channel 5 Free boxing

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Harlem Euban v Christian Uruzquieta Friday 31st March Channel 5 Free boxing

Harlem Eubank stepped from the shadows of a famous boxing dynasty to sprinkle the first stardust on Apprentice queen Marnie Swindells' prize-winning project.

On Friday night at Bethnal Green's York Hall, super-lightweight Eubank puts his 16-0 unbeaten record on the line against durable Mexican Christian Uruzquieta in front of an expected two million viewers on Channel 5.

And as he christened Swindells' gym in Camberwell, where south London's grit is now underwritten by £250,000 of business partner Lord Sugar's money, former world super-middleweight champion Chris Eubank's nephew was keen to graduate from boxing apprentice to top of the bill.

Upstairs in the back studio, gold balloons from the launch party three weeks ago are still fully inflated – and Eubank, 30, is in no mood for his bubble to burst when he is on the brink of the big time.

He said: “The surname Eubank comes with a heavy expectation and it's something I've had to carry since the day I started boxing. You are compared with a two-weight world champion of celebrity status and a serious contender, and I used to run away from that.

“I pursued a career in professional football until I was 17 or 18 but then boxing grabbed me and I'm now in a position to make a name for myself.

“I used to train with Lewis Dunk at Brighton, and when they released me at 16 I found myself playing with Solly March at Lewes – two fantastic players at the top of their game.

“There's been so much success in the family at this craft that I wanted to know how I could be as good as my uncle and my cousin. The older I get, the more I think that combat is in my blood and it's something I'm born to do.”

Eubank would be in the market to give Conor Benn two beatings from the same family if his grudge match with Chris Eubank Jr – postponed at the 11th hour last October after news of Benn's failed drugs test emerged – is reheated.

Benn is free to resume his career outside the UK after relinquishing his British Boxing Board of Control licence, and June 3 has been pencilled in as a possible date, probably in Abu Dhabi or Saudi Arabia.

Harlem said: “Once Conor rebuilds and comes back from the beating Chris delivers, that is a fight I would relish – and a fight I think I would win. There's another Eubank coming through and I haven't been handed anything.”

And if Brighton win the FA Cup, will there be just faint pangs of remorse that he could have been a part of football history?

“Nah, I've drawn a line under that phase of my life,” he insisted. “That prepared me for what I do now, and seeing the lads I grew up with enjoying success on the pitch now will inspire me to be fulfil my dreams.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...3ab0f0cd&ei=55
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Harlem Euban v Christian Uruzquieta Friday 31st March Channel 5 Free boxing

HARLEM EUBANK returns to the ring on Friday night - but he faces late replacement Miguel Antin instead of his original opponent.

Eubank was originally scheduled to face Christian Uruzquieta but he had to pull out with illness just a day before the fight.

Antin brings a record of 20-11 but on short notice, it's the best Eubank will get for his return to York Hall.

The Brighton man will be hoping to improve his own record to 17-0, following his win over Tom Farrell back in November.

Eubank's clash with Antin will take place on Friday, March 31.

The fight will be held at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London.

Ring-walks for the main event will get underway from around 10.30pm BST.

Eubank vs Antin will be shown live on Channel 5 in the UK.

You can live stream the action from the My 5 app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.

Harlem Eubank vs. Miguel Antin
    Harry Scarff vs. Jordan Dujon
    Matty Harris vs. Milos Veletic
    Jesse Brandon vs. Borja Lopez
    Codie Smith vs. Luca Genovese
    Abass Baraou vs. Ferenc Katona
    Sophie Alisch vs. Gemma Ruegg
    Jake Henty vs. Petar Aleksandrov
    Lorenzo Grasso vs. Charlie Sheldon
    Jurrell Patterson vs. Vasif Mamedov

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21890...ing-walk-time/

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Harlem Euban v Christian Uruzquieta Friday 31st March Channel 5 Free boxing

First time seeing Harris and well early days, but great technique behind such an early stoppage.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harlem wins UD but not blessed with power.

Channel 5 had over million viewers last week.

Thread Information