Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khan banned from sport for two years

Former Olympic medallist Amir Khan has been banned from participating in any sport for two years over his use of a prohibited substance.

It comes after the boxer's urine sample following his fight against Kell Brook in February 2022 tested positive for ostarine, UK Anti-Doping said in a statement.

Khan lost the match in Manchester.

Ostarine is a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) on the World Anti-Doping Agency's prohibited list. It is designed to promote muscle building, has a similar effect to testosterone, and is banned from use in all sports.

Khan, 36, had claimed his consumption of it was "unintentional" so his case was referred to an independent tribunal.

The panel found two violations - presence and use of a prohibited substance - in January before it confirmed the decision in writing in February. Khan was given a provisional ban on 6 April 2022, which will now last until 5 April 2024.

He announced he was retiring from boxing on 13 May 2022 after winning 34 of his 40 fights and a silver medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

UKAD chief executive Jane Rumble said: "This case serves as a reminder that UKAD will diligently pursue Anti-Doping Rule Violations in order to protect clean sport.

"Strict liability means athletes are ultimately responsible for what they ingest and for the presence of any prohibited substances in a sample.

"It is important that all athletes and their support personnel, whatever level they are competing at, take their anti-doping responsibilities seriously. Not doing so risks damaging not only an athlete's career, but also undermining public confidence in clean sport."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/othe...5a2bba1e&ei=15
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan banned from sport for two years

Can't say I'm surprised, known for cheating on his wife, done more than once for dangerous driving, doesn't really seem the type to follow the rules, so him cheating by using PED's isn't a stretch of the imagination.

So a roided to the gills Amir Khan, got man handled and had his sh*t pushed in by the walking cadaver of Kell Brook. So he managed to retire both in shame and an utter disgrace. A mere con indeed.

Questions ?

"So why is Amir sternly denying it ?"

Besides Jarrell Miller, has there ever been a boxer who got caught and admitted to it ? It´s always the same: "The dose was too low to be beneficial" and "I was clean in every other test"

"Can't you buy Ostraine (the drug that was in Amir's system) over the counter legally ?"

Yes - but Ostarine hardens and adds calcification to bones. He was probably injecting it into his jaw. It increases your punch resistance. That's why he survived the Maidana fight. He's been put on his back by much lighter hitters than Maidana (before and since) and yet managed to hear the final bell vs a murderous puncher. Amir worked with Alex Ariza in the past - actually around the time he suddenly developed punch resistance against Maidana.

Even in the Kell Brook papers pointed all the acne scars on his back and body and acne scars are a sign of PED use.

Khan was obviously tempted over to the dark side by one of the countless nefarious PED gurus who infest US gyms.

A Mere Con indeed
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 04-05-2023 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should have blamed the "Steak and Eggs" and passed Eddie a fat envelope. What a bizarre upside down sport. 2 year ban for a close to 40 year old shot fighter, Conor Benn however takes a piss on the matter and is about to be ushered into a premier event on a major outlet.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AMIR KHAN has revealed he spent six figures trying to clear his name after failing a drug test.

The British boxing legend tested positive for Ostarine - a banned performance-enhancing drug - after his domestic dust-up with Kell Brook last February.

Khan, 36, was slapped with a two-year suspension by UKAD - who ruled the amount of the Selective Androgen Rceptive Modulator in his system wasn't enough to have a performance-enhancing effect.

Former unified light-welterweight champion Khan fought tooth and nail to clear his name, forking out £100,000 to prove his innocence.

He told The Daily Mail: "I spent over £100,000 on that advice just to try to find out how this could have got into my system."

Despite forking out thousands to try to pinpoint the source of his positive test, Khan is still in the dark about how the drug got into his system.

He said: "Among the possibilities, they came up with was via a handshake.

"There was a whole crowd of people in my dressing room after the fight and I’m a friendly guy who always shakes hands."

One thing Khan has refused to do is dispute the result of the test itself, unlike fellow Brit Conor Benn.

He said: "At no point have I questioned the validity of my test. It is what it is.

"I take responsibility because perhaps I should have taken even more precautions.

"The substance was there. No denying that. Even though it was just a speck, described by one expert to me as equivalent to a single grain of salt in a swimming pool.

"I’ve taken hundreds and hundreds of test down the years without a flicker of anything."

Bolton bruiser Khan admits boxing fans will forever wonder if he's taken PEDS throughout his career.

He said: "I know people will be questioning me but I hope they will ask themselves why on earth I would have done this at the very end of my career.

"Why I would have risked blemishing my legacy in my last fight.

"I ask everyone to take another look at that fight with Kell. It was the worst performance of my career.

"I was in the worst condition of my life as it came two-and-a-half years after my previous fight. Did it look remotely like I was on drugs?"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21948...test-ostarine/

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BBBofC chief Smith joined White and Jordan on talkSPORT on Wednesday to explain the situation from the board’s perspective.

Asked to clarify if the BBBofC found out at the same time as Khan, Smith confirmed: “Yes, yeah.

“Obviously everything to do with UKAD is private and confidential, which is how it should be.

“From then it’s up to Mr Khan or any athlete to protest their innocence or give any explanation.

“Then obviously it takes a lot of time with regards to any hearings taking place, which obviously did take place and the board had nothing to do with – that’s down to UKAD and an independent panel.”

When pushed to answer why the BBBofC chose to sit on this information without releasing it, Smith said: “Because UKAD deal with all our anti-doping processes, we don’t have any dealings with regard to any hearing etc, it’s down to UKAD.

“I’m frustrated with regards to how long it takes, but any athlete’s entitled to due process and that’s what they’ve done.

“When you say ‘sit on it’, we didn’t sit on it. UKAD deal with all our disciplinary matters with regards to anti-doping.

“They have a process in place for any other sport in the country, we have to abide by that. We’ve signed up to them, as have every other sport in the country.

“I’m as frustrated as anybody else, but that’s what we’ve signed up to. They have a process and that’s how the process works.

“I think it’s too slow, but that’s up to them. That’s how they deal with it and there’s not much I can do about it at the present time.”

Regarding whether UKAD’s process is fit for purpose, Smith insisted: “I think the process is fit for purpose, but it does take too long.

“I think the issue we’ve got here is obviously UKAD have sole authority with regards to it.

“I knew there was a problem, however any athlete’s entitled to explain why there’s a problem, which I understand he has.

“We were not part of that process, we listen to what UKAD say and we abide by what they do. They act on our behalf.

“Whether I’m happy with it? Possibly not. And whether I’ve gotta do something about it? Possibly yes.”

Asked what changes he may push for, Smith replied: “Let’s not speculate just yet. I’ve hopefully got a meeting with them soon with regards to how processes are done.

“Nobody’s more frustrated than I am.”

Smith was then questioned as to whether Khan’s legacy in boxing has been tarnished by this situation and said: “I think it possibly has been, but the only thing I would say, and I’m not making excuses for Amir, he has been tested possibly more than any other boxer in Britain.

“Because he turned pro very early, he was tested as an Olympian, 17-year-old, he fought for championships fairly quickly in his pro career.

“We’re testing boxers every single week. And also out of competition.

“The amount we get is pretty low, but obviously when we do get them it’s a major issue for the sport.”

Finally, Smith was asked if the combination of this new situation with Khan alongside Conor Benn’s ongoing debacle has left boxing in the gutter.

The BBBofC chief defiantly replied: “It’s not in the gutter.

“I’m not being funny, look at all the fights taking place.

“We’re going through a bit of a difficult time and I’m the first to acknowledge that.

“It’s not due to the board, it’s due to other people’s behaviour, which is very, very disappointing for the sport as a whole.

“There’s nobody more frustrated than I am and I can tell you that I’m gonna wake up in the morning thinking, ‘What’s gonna go wrong now?’

“We’re a great sport, but we shoot ourselves in the foot quite a lot, which is very disappointing.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ir-khan-drugs/

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allah is not pleased.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there anything more embarrassing than taking PEDs and STILL losing?

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking to talkSPORT, Khan, who has declared he will speak to Brook over his positive test, also revealed that he hopes it won’t tarnish his career, but is pleased to see how efficient the drug testing is.

“I don’t want to hideaway, a lot of people would hideaway when something like this happens,” he said exclusively on talkSPORT Drive.

“I want to come out and talk about it, what’s happened and obviously it upset me more than anyone.

“I’ve been a fighter for like almost 20, 22 years in the sport of boxing at a high level and fighting for world titles, across the world, Vegas and everywhere.

“I don’t want this to tarnish my career in any way, I don’t want people thinking ,’you know what you’re a cheat, you was a cheat’.

“That’s something I would never have done and when they found the substance, which was ostarine, they say it’s a muscle builder which then was in my system towards the fight time.

“After the fight when I got tested, it was shown in there, which is a muscle builder.

“Now, I was making weight 147 pounds or 149 pounds it was, I find it quite hard making the weight so I wouldn’t be taking a muscle thing to keep muscle on because muscle is heavier and it’s going to be a lot harder to make weight. I don’t know how it could have happened.

“If you work it out, it’s like you’ve got an Olympic sized swimming pool and you’ve got like half a grain of salt in there, that’s how much they found.

“In a way, I’m happy because the testing is so good now and they’re catching a lot of fighters and a lot of sportsmen and women out there.

“But the amount that I had in my body was not enough to make me any stronger or any better as a fighter going into that fight.”

Ostarine is a drug designed to have similar effects to testosterone and promotes the building of muscle in the body.

In their statement, UKAD said: “Ostarine is a selective androgen receptor modulator [SARM].

“The substance is listed on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s [WADA] 2022 Prohibited List as an anabolic agent and is prohibited in sport at all times.”

Khan retired from boxing following his defeat to Brook, ending his career with a record of 34-6.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...st-kell-brook/

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But hasn't he retired already?

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Yes he has which is why the 2 year ban means nothing to him.

I think he is innocent, what they found in his system was not enough to help but because of strict liability he was responsible for it being found in his system after the bout.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I think he is innocent, what they found in his system was not enough to help but because of strict liability he was responsible for it being found in his system after the bout.
    So what you’re saying is “it’s ok to take PEDS as long as you don’t win?”
    Next you’ll say he never “knowingly” took PEDS. but that doesn’t make you innocent. You are responsible for what goes into your body.
    He may be unfortunate, I’ll give you that, but even he isn’t saying he’s innocent.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Next you’ll say he never “knowingly” took PEDS. but that doesn’t make you innocent. You are responsible for what goes into your body.
    He may be unfortunate, I’ll give you that, but even he isn’t saying he’s innocent.
    Stop trying to pick a fight. Master did not say that at all... He just believes Khan is innocent and this is all one big mistake.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Stop trying to pick a fight. Master did not say that at all... He just believes Khan is innocent and this is all one big mistake.
    I’m not picking a fight, but HE IS NOT INNOCENT! Even he has admitted that. Now he has to find out how this trace got into his body.
    I actually think (and I’ve never been a Khan fan) that Khan has acted impeccably since this news came out.
    He is not disputing it, he has been advised that it’s “like a grain of salt in a swimming pool” and he’s hoping that people can see that he has never tried to gain an unfair advantage.
    He’s retired with no intention of returning, so he’s not gonna spend fortunes defending himself, and he hopes it blows away and doesn’t tarnish his legacy.
    Do I believe him? Actually yes I do. But that means fuck all.
    Like I said, it’s very unfortunate, but that’s life I’m afraid.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Primo, you are reading far more into my post than intended. I never said it is ok to take PED or just because he lost he was not guilty.

Strict liability means he is to blame no matter what legitimate reason he has for the substance being in his body.

I agree with you he is misfortune.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Primo, you are reading far more into my post than intended. I never said it is ok to take PED or just because he lost he was not guilty.

Strict liability means he is to blame no matter what legitimate reason he has for the substance being in his body.

I agree with you he is misfortune.
    No problem, but Mate, perhaps you need to be more careful with what you write. If you put
    “ I think he is innocent , what they found in his system was not enough to help”
    Then I’m not wrong replying the way I did.

Thread Information