Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lawrence Okolie v Chris Billam-Smith - 27 May 2023

Okolie going for the knockout as he may be behind because ofth e points deduction and knock downs.

That was a slip not a knockdown.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lawrence down again in the eleventh
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okolie wins the last round.

6-6 but with the point deduction and knockout Okolie will have lost it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

chris should win wide
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The scores are 112-112, 116-107, 115-108 to Smith.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one judge has it even? the other give it wide to chris. & the new

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Class and humble interview from Okolie, not stealing Smith thunder and wishing him the best.

There will be a rematch.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure sure great interesting fight, but whilst you guys were busy with the good stuff i was watching the dream boxing card, who were of course affiliated with the tax evading felix Sturm, anyway this swiss boxer in his mid 30s comes out to the ring, to fight a guy who is 1-11, and he's playing accordion all the way to the Ring and when he's on the ring he's still playing the accordion, he obviously doesn't have his gloves on at this time so the jobber has to wait for the accordion solo to end and for the guy to get his gloves on.. the jobber also has an absolutely world class farmers tan(which goes to his shoulders).. it's low quality boxing and there was no Roy Jones Jr rapping this time but dream boxing is world class madness. For some reason he doesn't play an accordion solo after the win..bit odd..

Also there was a 46 year old Italian woman boxer with very long dreadlocks who had lost 20 in a row.. great stuff.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Sure sure great interesting fight, but whilst you guys were busy with the good stuff i was watching the dream boxing card, who were of course affiliated with the tax evading felix Sturm, anyway this swiss boxer in his mid 30s comes out to the ring, to fight a guy who is 1-11, and he's playing accordion all the way to the Ring and when he's on the ring he's still playing the accordion, he obviously doesn't have his gloves on at this time so the jobber has to wait for the accordion solo to end and for the guy to get his gloves on.. the jobber also has an absolutely world class farmers tan(which goes to his shoulders).. it's low quality boxing and there was no Roy Jones Jr rapping this time but dream boxing is world class madness. For some reason he doesn't play an accordion solo after the win..bit odd..

Also there was a 46 year old Italian woman boxer with very long dreadlocks who had lost 20 in a row.. great stuff.
    You are making this up again and smoking something. Next you will say you saw Fury fight some Australian heavyweight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BOXING fans raged on social media after the Lawrence Okolie vs Chris Billam-Smith scorecards were revealed.

Okolie lost his WBO cruiserweight belt via decision after being knocked down THREE times during the bout.

The 30-year-old was deducted two points over the course of the bout for repeated holding... although one judge somehow went on to score it a draw.

Two of the scorecards had Billam-Smith winning 115-108 and 116-107, respectively.

The other, however, stunned and enraged fans in equal measure by having it 112-112.

Upon seeing the scorecards, talkSPORT boxing correspondent Michael Benson said: "112-112 is an atrocious scorecard for Chris Billam-Smith's majority decision win over Lawrence Okolie after three knockdowns and two point deductions."

Another Twitter user fumed: "That’s the worst individual card of all time."

While a second wrote: "We need to see a picture of that scorecard. Unbelievable."

A further social media scribe said: "I really want to see the round scores on this! It needs posting! Going under the radar as Billam-Smith won but needs investigating."

Another similarly added: "Get that first one investigated."

Hometown hero Billam-Smith was able to grab the biggest win of his career at Bournemouth's Vitality Stadium.

Upon winning the fight, the tearful new champ, 32, said: "My whole life has led to this, this is perfect.

"Lawrence was a great champion who never looked like getting beat. It was not a great looking fight but that doesn't matter.

"I didn't eat from Tuesday to Thursday to make the weight, I was sick in bed all week, I just had to make the weight.

"I dedicate this to my mum, I love you so much, thank you so much. I will never top this night, this is the greatest of my career.

"I thank the fans because they created this for me. I have become a world champion, in my home town."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22503...th-scorecards/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billam-Smith’s interview sounds like that’s it for him. I know he’s emotional and I hope I’m wrong, but sounds like someone who is going to just fade away.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know Okolie held on too much but to take so many points off him was not right.

The referee also was quick to count slips as knock downs, only the first was legitimate.

Okolie did not help himself but think he will win the rematch.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I know Okolie held on too much but to take so many points off him was not right.

The referee also was quick to count slips as knock downs, only the first was legitimate.

I haven’t watched the whole fight and watching the “highlights” I doubt I’ll bother.
    Both these fighters, although game are definitely not worthy of being called a WORLD champion in my book.
    Maybe the ref shouldn’t have deducted as many points , I don’t know. But all the knockdowns were legit.
    If a punch connected , it’s a knockdown , it doesn’t matter if he slipped.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I haven’t watched the whole fight and watching the “highlights” I doubt I’ll bother.
    Both these fighters, although game are definitely not worthy of being called a WORLD champion in my book.
    Maybe the ref shouldn’t have deducted as many points , I don’t know. But all the knockdowns were legit.
    If a punch connected , it’s a knockdown , it doesn’t matter if he slipped.
    A slip is a slip, even if a punch is thrown at the same time.

Thread Information