Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hrgovic is the best out of that 2016 Olympic Superheavies?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hrgovic is the best out of that 2016 Olympic Superheavies?

He is certainly looking like it...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hrgovic is the best out of that 2020 Olympic Superheavies?

what do you mean by twenty twenty olympic superheavies? filip wasn't at those olympics. if you're asking if filip is the best since the twenty twenty olympics i'd have to say i think bakhodir jalolov is
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    2016 you mad man, that mystery woman who never turns the lights on must have sucked out your memory....

I think Joyce if he recovers from the losing and the damage who took would still beat hrgovic, hrgovic looks like a bit of a dummy who doesn't know how to get out of the way of punches which would be good for tough man Joyce and whilst he survived v big Wang Zhang I think Joyce would have the energy to finish him off, hrgovics behaviour v Zhang was just weird too...

Yoka proved not to have the heart for the pros which is a shame as he was fairly handy, younger and a good size..

Dychko was going pretty good but has become inactive recently, maybe he's injured.

Ajagba was going well before stepping up and I can't remember the f there was anyone else interesting in the 2016 Olympics, overall it wasn't a good batch of heavyweight Olympians i think but I'd still rate Joyce as the best pro out them followed by hrgovic.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    2016 you mad man, that mystery woman who never turns the lights on must have sucked out your memory....

I think Joyce if he recovers from the losing and the damage who took would still beat hrgovic, hrgovic looks like a bit of a dummy who doesn't know how to get out of the way of punches which would be good for tough man Joyce and whilst he survived v big Wang Zhang I think Joyce would have the energy to finish him off, hrgovics behaviour v Zhang was just weird too...

Yoka proved not to have the heart for the pros which is a shame as he was fairly handy, younger and a good size..

Dychko was going pretty good but has become inactive recently, maybe he's injured.

Ajagba was going well before stepping up and I can't remember the f there was anyone else interesting in the 2016 Olympics, overall it wasn't a good batch of heavyweight Olympians i think but I'd still rate Joyce as the best pro out them followed by hrgovic.
    Yea. 2016... lolol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Filip Hrgovic claims he left Daniel Dubois with no choice but to postpone one of his fights after 'destroying' him in sparring. Hrgovic did not specify which contest he forced Dubois out of, but he did get some rounds in with Triple D ahead of his southern area title fight with DL Jones, which was subsequently postponed.

Dubois shared a picture of the pair going toe to toe in the gym with the caption: "Good sparring with Filip Hrgovic," all the way back in January 2018 shortly before his initial fight date with Jones was scrapped.

At the time, Jones was informed Dubois had withdrawn due to a chest infection. "They told me he's got a chest infection, so I completely understand them cancelling, they can't risk their prospects," Jones told British Boxing News. "I know there were illnesses and injuries causing the entire show to be called off."

Hrgovic has since claimed he has caused a Dubois fight to be postponed after sparring with him. "You mention Daniel Dubois. I spar with him years ago in London," he told IFL TV. "I destroyed him. He postponed the fight after sparring session with me. You can ask the people. There were a lot of people in the gym."

He then sent a message to Dubois's promoter Frank Warren, adding: "I just want to say Frank Warren was talking a lot of s*** about my fight with Zhang. He talks a lot of s***. So, what can he say now? I destroyed Daniel Dubois in sparring and now his fighter [Joyce] got beat by the fighter who I beat so what he wants to say now? I want to ask him one question, why is he only producing hype jobs?"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...4d0a2a07&ei=19
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wtf G I been calling for a SH division on here since 2002. e.g. No way Tyson Fury vs Joe Frazier is a fair fight. Actually let's take some numbers here. Let the forum chime in here who they think would win/how it would it go, for real, prime Smokin Joe 1971 vs Tyson Fury.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default is the best out of that 2020 Olympic Superheavies?

Man. Check your facts and put the pipe down before you post. Nxt you're gonna be like "Yeah saw that Floyd Maywather box a few months bk. He looks like a good prospect"

Na. I do know Hrgovic's dad died last year and he was cvery lose to him. So who knows how affected him for the Zhang fight ? Which I thought was a very close fight not the robbery ppl made out, like Zhang should have got the decision. When the underdog does better than what people thought he would do as Zhang did. People over estimate how well he done. Similar to the Josh Taylor - Jack Catterall fight..
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 04-19-2023 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    wtf G I been calling for a SH division on here since 2002. e.g. No way Tyson Fury vs Joe Frazier is a fair fight. Actually let's take some numbers here. Let the forum chime in here who they think would win/how it would it go, for real, prime Smokin Joe 1971 vs Tyson Fury.

You're right.

BTW, "superheavy" is SUCH a misnomer in Olympic boxing. It's dated by about 50-60 years. 200 pounds seems to be the "immovable object" in boxing. The IOC calls is "superheavy" and the pros just call it "heavyweight." Either way, the division is open-ended at the top.

1971 Frazier vs. Tyson Fury? Well... there would be about a 70 pound difference (prime Joe was somewhere between 205-210 pounds, whereas Fury has averaged over 270 for his last four fights). There would also be a FOOT DIFFERENCE in reach and 10-inch difference in height. Translation: A freak show where Fury would just smother and lean on Frazier to death... winning by exhaustion.

I think the problem is availability. Apparently it's hard enough finding enough elite boxers today at the heavyweight level, to populate what once was the most popular division in boxing. If to that you add a separation between heavyweights and SUPERheavies (say... somewhere around 220)... all you'd accomplish is watering down a division that can hardly afford any more loss in quality and popularity.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hrgovic is the best out of that 2016 Olympic Superheavies?

Honestly, he's pretty glacial and seems to like proving his beard as much as Joyce does. The whole super thing was overblown back when Max Kellerman would go on and on about its necessity for the likes of Mount Whitaker and Michael Grant among others . But how does Richard Torrez Jr all of 6'1 and 220 (5 lbs of mustache) ever qualify as a Superheavy. I've always stuck to the belief that in this limited instance as proven out...it's not the size that matters as much as the magic .

Thread Information